Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Odd name, Six Flags has a trademark application for an amusement ride called "Tormenta Rampaging Run" that I am guessing is for this ride.
View attachment 39054
It just dawned on me what the #dropthegate hashtag means, with what harry suggested with bikes, most bike races start by quite literally dropping a gate F38E9A9F-F2FC-481A-B506-9D2E5145366F-1-1024x569.jpeg
 
I'm bummed the name is not El Matador. I really thought that was a sick idea (If I do say so myself), plus the bull theme would've been great.

Tormenta means "storm" in Spanish. So I think that could make for some cool theming and story telling. But IMO the word "Tormenta" itself does not sound very strong or iconic... It sounds like "Tantrum" which is the name of the small Eurofighter at SFDL. I just picture a little kid having a fit. 😆
 
Last edited:
Tormenta Rampaging Run? For me, it doesn’t sounds like a good name for a Giga Dive
Honestly it still could be Bull themed... Rampaging run actually personifies a bull. Maybe the name of the bull is "Storm".

Also for the record, I don't think Tormenta is a bad name. It's unique. It's just not what I would have picked and it does sound like "tantrum" to me.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: tonyflyshow
Agreed. Not the most amazing name I've ever heard, but strong. Tacking a bunch of nonsense onto it makes it way worse.
Yeah, I can see people nicknaming it "The storm" or just calling it by its suffix too, "rampaging run. People might also ask, "you ready for a little R&R on rampaging run?😁
 
View attachment 39152

Not sure where he heard this but I can’t imagine him saying it without some sort of source. Very bizarre to me that they’d announce it this late if this is true though.
There goes my "Maybe this Saturday for National Rollercoaster Day" for this one, since it actually had a teaser campaign. Hopefully we will see something else get announced, as the slate of new rides for next year is pretty thin right now.
 
ok, we got the confirmation that, yes, we are getting a dive coaster, so, removed the "?1" from the name
 
With the hashtag "#dropthegate" displayed on this ad and elsewhere, I think we will see this ride themed to a bull after all. In rodeo events, when a bull is let loose, the phrase "drop the gate" is often used to indicate that the gate has been released allowing the bull to move freely. If this is true, I am pumped and way more onboard now for the name they chose.
 
Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad