Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Project Madrid: New Hamlet? Giga Coaster? 315' Tower?

RollyCoaster said:
I was with a bud of mine when we caught a train employee over the train speaker saying "Griffon, our tallest roller coaster in the park, for now..."

I rode the train Friday twice, and it was the voice of a female that said the exact words.

https://www.instagram.com/cww_1/

The video is on his most recent post (Instagram wouldn't let me share the individual post). This employee is the 3rd one I've heard say something about Griffon being the tallest "for now" over the speaker.

Same thing on my last few train rides. It's really weird. It's either a great troll job or bad project management.

Reactions: jornor

A) The Instagram post is private.
B) Unfortunately, as nice as they are, the train announcers are pretty bad sources for information.

Reactions: jornor and Cthru3

This just sounds like circular reporting to me. Someone heard a rumour -- possibly here -- and repeated it to other employees. So, ultimately, my guess is that they are all repeating the same rumor.

I would take their comments (not just in this case) with a shakerful of salt.

Most line-level employees within the park simply don't know and shouldn't be taken seriously because most honestly don't care about new attractions until they're announced.

Reactions: jornor and Nicole

Only the folks fairly high up know anything. I know managers who knew nothing until I mentioned the height waiver or they read the news report that came out about two months after it had been discussed up here.

The news report was probably where most people got their info about 2019. If they came here, they probably would be too scared of working after seeing us.

Alright, some new news that I'm allowed to share. The ride will not have a tophat or any inversions. The element at the top high (310 ft) will be a variation of something that we have seen before. The element has been seems much smaller, but it will be on a much larger scale.

Station work has already started. It can be clearly seen by the train. The drachen fire station lights have been turned on for the past few days. Electrical trucks are in the festhaus park. If you know what to look for, it can be seen. Expect an announcement next preview day.

This is all I can share at this current time. I will update you all once new info surfaces.

Reactions: jornor and Flyer

310 feet and no inversions... Sounds like a weaker TTD... Not a tophat 315 feet no inversions... if this is true then I'm very disappointed.

Cthru3 said:
310 feet and no inversions... Sounds like a weaker TTD... Not a tophat 315 feet no inversions... if this is true then I'm very disappointed.

It's not going to be like TTD at all. It's going to be like iSpeed without inversions. It's going to be a mix of airtime and intensity. Don't think of it like a Kingda Ka or TTD. It's going to be a wickedly long ride. Busch doesn't have an intensity based coaster. It's also going to be doing some terrain riding.

One thing that has crossed my mind about the train announcements is that they are word for word the same every time I have heard them this leads me to wonder if they are scripted. Not that a scripted line has to be true but if they are scripted it would presumably by the park and after the great job that they did with Invadr I don't think they are likely to go back to deliberate deception.

Madridbot had previously said this was a top hat and that was when he was posting the secret plans now e saying its not either he is being given conflicting info for any number of rasons or he doesn't really know whats goung either way he should not be taken s a reliable source till mre is available to back up ehat he says.

horsesboy said:
One thing that has crossed my mind about the train announcements is that they are word for word the same every time I have heard them this leads me to wonder if they are scripted. Not that a scripted line has to be true but if they are scripted it would presumably by the park and after the great job that they did with Invadr I don't think they are likely to go back to deliberate deception.

Madridbot had previously said this was a top hat and that was when he was posting the secret plans now e saying its not either he is being given conflicting info for any number of rasons or he doesn't really know whats goung either way he should not be taken s a reliable source till mre is available to back up ehat he says.

Originally, the contractor I am in contact with said that it would be a tophat to most likely cover up the real element. And, I will say this. The train dialogue is scripted. And I will say that I am a trusty source. I am in close relations with some high ranking management. It's your choice if you want to take my info with a grain of salt. But, info is always changing as new things are able to be shared.

Reactions: jornor and Flyer

If this was going to be an Ispeed type ride the thing I was most looking forward to would be a high speed inline twist. IMO taking away those inversions is like drawing back the intensity. No inversions sounds like a non inverting loop. The way Madrid not describes this it seems the most exciting part will be the height. Pretty much nothing more than a record breaker to draw in crowds. I'm not very thrilled right now. If this is true I think a B&M giga would have been a better option. I hope I am proven wrong.

Cthru3 said:
If this was going to be an Ispeed type ride the thing I was most looking forward to would be a high speed inline twist. IMO taking away those inversions is like drawing back the intensity. No inversions sounds like a non inverting loop. The way Madrid not describes this it seems the most exciting part will be the height. Pretty much nothing more than a record breaker to draw in crowds. I'm not very thrilled right now. If this is true I think a B&M giga would have been a better option. I hope I am proven wrong.

ISpeed is just a reference. The ride will be like nothing we have seen. It will be a cross between airtime and put intensity. But the intensity of I305 and the airtime of el toro, and you get this. I can't leak a layout, but it sounds soooo soooo good.

So, I am still skeptical and not a little puzzled (send the Admins proof, if you have it).

In addition to what horsesboy already pointed out, I'd highlight that iSpeed has a tophat. The most recent description sounds more like a spire, as we see in Soaring with Dragon or Mr. Freeze.

MadridBot said:
I can't leak a layout, but it looks soooo soooo good.

If you send the Admins solid proof, we can back you up without endangering your source.

MadridBot said:
ISpeed is just a reference. The ride will be like nothing we have seen. It will be a cross between airtime and put intensity. But the intensity of I305 and the airtime of el toro, and you get this. I can't leak a layout, but it looks soooo soooo good.

So... Skyrush?

Thomas said:
MadridBot said:
ISpeed is just a reference. The ride will be like nothing we have seen. It will be a cross between airtime and put intensity. But the intensity of I305 and the airtime of el toro, and you get this. I can't leak a layout, but it looks soooo soooo good.

So... Skyrush?

Just wait and see

Also, the work on the station can be seen from the train, and the Black Forest picnic area.

Is there evidence that the work on Drachen Fire's station is anything other than the removal of Bitten and preparation for HOS?

Highest point is on the other side of the river from the DR station. If were lucky we'll get a bigger better skyrush (which is what I was hoping for) but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad