Project 2019: Finnegan's Flyer (S&S Screamin' Swing)

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 24, 2009
Do we have any idea if it'll be ready by opening day?
I doubt it, the last things I can remember opening on the first day was Apollo and before that Alpengiest. I could be wrong but I was there for both including Fabio and the snow flurries that morning.

Reactions: Rheath

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
BFE's opening doesn't give me a whole lot of hope. I know it was new tech for the park but if they can't have a remodeled ride open by opening day then it seems unlikely that a major build is going to be ready on time.

Mar 16, 2016
Counterpoint- These rides are common and it isn't a prototype
I concur and frankly, I think SEAS needs to keep doing things like this. Use “off the shelf” flats, just different ones at the parks to keep them all individual. When a flat isn’t a one off, the chances of delays are much less.

Nov 24, 2009
I almost think they intentionally open them in that period after the first few weeks. Whether they open something new or not opening weekend will be packed, then they tease a few soft openings and people flock to the park, then they finally open for good. Tempesto, huge crowd waiting around for a couple days hoping to ride, Invadr, same thing some of us were there for days, BFE we kept Grogans busy all weekend.

lce

The best digger in Cairo
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Frederick, MD
They won't have it open on opening day.

It is a marketing tactic to have something to pull visitors in during the small chunk of the season when there is no event. After the initial hype of opening season fizzles out, they need something to bring people in through the gates during that otherwise low time before Food & Wine fires up.

Apr 16, 2017
its already been said in previous years that SEAS has been pushing for earlier opening dates, and especially a push for opening new rides with park opening days

Aug 1, 2010
Seven Pines, Virginia
I doubt with all the wet weather. I know they try to pad time in, but it has been exceptionally rainy. More weather coming Sunday/Monday. I know the crews have been having some issues with the live water crossing. I looked into the site with each trip to Christmastown and I could see the crews were struggling with the conditions. I have projects that started in October that are now 20 days behind schedule.

Mar 16, 2016
The post references flying over the Cliffs of Killarney. I think I read that suffusion in here ;) BGW show yourselves!

Login or Register to Hide This Ad