Minor Changes 2018

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Joe

#RIPVolcano
Feb 12, 2011
Near Richmond
BuschDominion.com
I found some answers to questions that have been posted here, which I picked up from the park map.

The third Coke station will be in Soak City adjacent to Sun & Surf Supplies, across from Sharkey's. For what it's worth, the new ones in Safari Village and Candy Apple Grove both look excellent.

Timbers Jam Band will be on the new "Candy Apple Grove Stage" located between Twist & Shop and Racer 75's entrance. It looks like the stage will be constructed in the alcove that used to house the "power tower" game.

The small shop that has taken up residence in the old wood carving building is called "Virginia Market."

The stage for Snoopy's Symphony of Water is designated as an entertainment location on the front of the map but not the back; I am not sure if the fountain show is returning.

The Dino Store is labeled "Grizzly Entrance" on the map, which might help make the ride easier to find.

"Center Walkway" is designated as its own sub-area on the map, although it is stylized differently from the other themed areas and is presumably still considered part of International Street.

The Action Theater is designated as "operating on a rotating feature schedule." Oddly enough, the "Toy Racer" movie marquee had been removed from the attractions entrance- with the former Robinson Crusoe signage in its place. The center of the theater's queue is filled with WinterFest decorations.

Surprisingly, there is no designated show for the Peanuts Showplace this year. Like the Action Theater, it is "operating on a rotating feature schedule." I think it is a bit of a shame that this large venue will sit mostly dark for 2018.

Grove Lemonade by Waveswinger is now a Rita's.

"Deep End Dance Party" will happen in Soak City in "Sharkey's Plaza." I am not sure if any sort of performance venue will be built here or if the "party" will just happen in the pavilion between Sharkey's and Sun & Surf Supplies.

"Soak City Soakers" will perform at the new "Tidal Wave Bay Beach" venue. I assume this will go in the grassy lawn at the back of Tidal Wave Bay's beach area.

Lots of changes at the park this season, and most for the better!

Sep 25, 2016
Joe said:
Lots of changes at the park this season, and most for the better!
When we were there Friday night we walked past the KD Theater and wondered what show (if any?) was going to be in there - and then of course we had to start with the "hey taco" voices...

Reactions: Joe
Sep 25, 2016
OK I was wrong in my post in the Mac Bowl thread where I said that every entree should be covered on the dining plan since it was that way in every restaurant that I visited last year.

Apparently that is so last year, as I walked around today and took pics of many of the new menus and will post them here and in respective restaurant threads (admins can edit as needed). Personally, I think that having some entrees covered and some not will cause confusion and perhaps some customers being unhappy and changing orders at the register, who knows...

A few observations -

Mac Bowl - as noted above, only the Mac Bowl is covered; Tots Bowl or Salad is not.

Victoria Pizza (near Soak City entrance) - 2 slices pizza not on dining plan, in fact looks like the only way you can get pizza with dining plan at that location is to get gluten free with a salad. They do have a 1 slice of pizza entree on the menu, but it's not covered.

Boardwalk Fries - I took pics of the 2 locations (I think there are only 2) that have chicken tenders on the dining plan; the one near the bowling game also has corn dogs (not on dining plan) but the one near KD theater does not list corn dogs.

Border Burrito - I guess they changed the name to "Burrito" as no more tacos on the menu.

Coca Cola Pizza (near Eiffel Tower) - both 2-slice and 1-slice options covered on dining plan.

Country Kitchen - chicken tenders are still there but no longer covered by dining plan, have to walk over to Boardwalk Fries I guess.

Hungry Hippo and Juke Box - no longer have the grilled chicken that I used to get quite often, but at least all entrees at Hungry Hippo are on dining plan; a couple at Juke Box are not.

There are minor changes at just about each restaurant, so be sure to check the menu carefully if you plan to get something from the dining plan.

Attachments

Zimmy

Nessie wants you to look into yourself
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
jeffh,
thanks for taking all the photos of the menus. Is this all of the food options at the park now. (aside from outside owned restaurants

It really seems like the food selections have gone hill.

Reactions: Connor
Mar 16, 2016
Zimmy said:
jeffh,
thanks for taking all the photos of the menus.  Is this all of the food options at the park now.  (aside from outside owned restaurants

Frankly....I'm ok with it as long as the food is better. Less is more if less means you can be better at making what you do make.

Reactions: Zachary and Joe
Sep 25, 2016
Zimmy said:
jeffh,
thanks for taking all the photos of the menus.  Is this all of the food options at the park now.  (aside from outside owned restaurants

I got most of them, Chick Fil A was not open, but shouldn't be any surprises on that menu. Other than that, I walked in to Panda Express but didn't take a pic as there were several screens and I didn't see the dining plan icon on any of them.

So I think that was it for the main park, I think there will be another location or two in the water park once it opens.

Sep 25, 2016
MAZ said:
Here are current locations accepting dining plans.
That chart shows Subway, and I walked over there but couldn't see any markings on the menu that would signify things covered on the dining plan, so I wondered if they had dropped Subway this year and moved on. I'll check again next trip as I may have missed something.

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond
jeffh said:
MAZ said:
Here are current locations accepting dining plans.
That chart shows Subway, and I walked over there but couldn't see any markings on the menu that would signify things covered on the dining plan, so I wondered if they had dropped Subway this year and moved on. I'll check again next trip as I may have missed something.
Just stopped by subway for you. Everything on the menu is available on the dining plan.

Apr 25, 2018
Does anyone know the maximum time you can rent a single locker (other than the all-day ones at the front of the park)?

Jul 31, 2016
Southern Va
The park does also offer all day lockers at the front of International Street. They charge 15$ for a small, but you can open and close them as much as you desire for the day.

Of course it would take a very special circumstance to need an all day locker at the very front of the park, though it is worth noting; furthermore, the current price structure/options for ride lockers may see a change for the good in coming months. Stay tuned

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
I’m not sure if this is the right place for this, but I was at the park today for the first time this season and noticed that Pigpen was roaming around at the Planet Snoopy entrance. It was a welcome surprise for a Peanuts fan like myself; I wonder if the park plans to premiere any other characters this season. It was cool to see Woodstock and Peppermint Patty (I think she was new in 2017? If not it was definitely 2016.) last season and I would love to see Marcie make an appearance.

Apologies if Pigpen had been around before this season and I happened to avoid him for however long until now.

Attachments

Login or Register to Hide This Ad