Minor Changes 2018

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Mar 20, 2017
Joe said:
Additionally, I noticed in a recent aerial video posted by World of John on YouTube that (what I assume is) Twisted Timbers' locker complex is being built adjacent to Twist & Shop, next to the Apple Zapple entrance.
SHHH! That info is going into my current update video I'm working on now. But serioulsy, for quite a while I couldn't figure out what that new building was going to be. But with RollyCoaster's info it makes perfect sense.

Sep 29, 2009
This seriously might be my pretense for not renewing this year. I might revisit the idea if they implement a system like BGW's traveling locker.

I understand the need for item security. I used to have items lost or stolen during just about every visit. I also understand how the park needs money, and free lockers would be a huge missed opportunity for them to make money. That said, I think it is appalling for them to charge me in a roundabout way for each ride, including the ones which had cubbies that didn't delay the operations. This is even worse than BGW's completely unholy PhotoKey system, in my opinion. Ridiculous.

Apr 5, 2011
I noticed a lot of things that I’ll probably expand on tomorrow when I’m at the park, but a couple things I noticed about the locker issue.

A) FoF still had sinage for loose articles up. TT actually had bin numbers painted onto the station.

B) The locker system is the same used at BGW. Which means they can turn on locker transfers, but don’t.

This tells me that the new loose article policy was decided on with in a very rushed manner and tells me it’s less about safety (don’t get me wrong, that is important) and more about milking guests.

Reactions: Joe and horsesboy

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
The wood carver by action theater appears to have been changed to a snack dealer.

Not really pleased with the lockers. I ended up paying 3 dollars for my ride on TT because it took 2 hrs 5 minutes to get through the ride and Back to the locker and the only item I had that had to go in the locker was my drink cup. I pay for a locker at BGW every time I go so the act of paying for it doesn't bug me but the execution of it is poorly done.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Pretzel Kaiser said:
The Wood Carver shop has merch for Coke as well as items made in Virginia.
Thanks I only pasted walking out and it only looked like coke and snacks at that point but was closed.

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
Sep 25, 2016
sunchild said:
do you need to buy a locker if you have a hat?
Last night as I walked into the entrance of Twisted Timbers I noticed probably a dozen hats hanging on the fence, so I guess that may become a common thing to see.

Reactions: horsesboy

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
sunchild said:
Pretzel Kaiser said:
sunchild said:
Yes, they won't allow them.  They go so far as perscription glasses without a band.
That's nuts and insanely agressive.
Yep I had two different staff people stop me and ask me about glasses each Tim I had to show them that I had a zipper pocket on my jacket that they fit into. I see why they are caution between the rolls and the pop on the airtime hills its going to force loose items free. I just wish they would find a better less costly and less confrentaional way of handling it.

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond
Pretzel Kaiser said:
sunchild said:
Yes, they won't allow them. They go so far as perscription glasses without a band.
I'm going to say no. I walked through the entrance with a hat and security told me I had to put it in my pocket for the ride, which I later did.

horsesboy

Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Then it is not an even across the board policy as I saw multiple people told that hats could not be taken pass the entrence.

On another note I saw reported on TH that if you lose your season long cup they will replace it one time for $2.50 and will flag the old one so it can't be reused if true that is really generous of the park to offerr.

Apr 5, 2011
MAZ said:
Pretzel Kaiser said:
sunchild said:
Yes, they won't allow them.  They go so far as perscription glasses without a band.
I'm going to say no. I walked through the entrance with a hat and security told me I had to put it in my pocket for the ride, which I later did.
Not saying your wrong, but that's what they told us at the station. Lots of inconsistency it seems.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Our experience was that we could bring anything that fit in our zipper pockets. We just zipped them in before we got to the entrance. Our group had hats, glasses, wallets, and keys in our pockets.

Additionally, they said that glasses with safety straps are fine.

Reactions: horsesboy
Login or Register to Hide This Ad