Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Have there ever been talks of expanding the path of the Skyride? Possibly to Octoberfest
Probably not gonna happen for several reasons:

This particular ride system has been in it's current path for a long time, to reroute will potentially cause issues with the envelopes around this ride and other attractions.

It's really expensive and time consuming to make such changes.

This ride isn't an equivalent to an E ticket at this park, thus is not a large enough attraction to generate income via attendance or in-park sales on its own.

The station over by the Kinder Karussel and Land of the Dragons is within a 2-4 minute walk of Das Festhaus, depending on how fast your pace is - why would they need to extend it even further, which would potentially put the path in conflict with other structures and attractions in the area?

What is the big pit the skyride goes over? Is it just part of Loch Ness or was it something else at one time? We always joke that it's Thunderdome when we go over it

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Considering you don't see it on LNM, I have never thought of it as weird. Only time you see it is from the skyride, so all I can think of is a good spot for a seasonal decoration. Ex. if they wanted to put a Christmas tree there during CT or a "pumpkin patch" looking display during HoS.

It appears the sky ride is down for MAJOR mechanical issues not staffing at least one station is walled off.

England would make sense. Motor, gearing (I assume), drive shaft… the entire circuit is driven from that station.

Hope it isn’t too serious an issue. A walled off station sounds like major work that requires more than a day or two to complete, and/or a long wait time for important bespoke components to arrive from far away.

Which station?

England would make sense. Motor, gearing (I assume), drive shaft… the entire circuit is driven from that station.

Hope it isn’t too serious an issue. A walled off station sounds like major work that requires more than a day or two to complete, and/or a long wait time for important bespoke components to arrive from far away.
England and my understanding is motor related issues.

England would make sense, but there are mechanical parts in each station and the counterweight is in Germany. I believe the Dirigible Landing is the England sign. It's a big motor to replace if they are doing that. I believe it is at least a 400hp drive. Couple that with the enormous gear box it is connected to and I could imagine it would be a massive undertaking to replace any of those parts. It's also possible they are replacing or working on the backup VW gas engine.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad