Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Zimmy

Nessie is lonely.
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Sep 28, 2013
Virginia Beach
Make sure you tell them you are RAP when you fist get on. They will change a flag on the gondola and at each station they should ask if you want to continue and if they dont just tell them you want to stay on.

Reactions: mikes and Unagi

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
When I was at the park today it occurred to me that I am not sure that the sky ride wouldn't have been a better choice then the train to run. I not sure but I would assume that they both use about equal staff from what I have observed and the sky ride would give them s continuous stream rather then the 30 minutes in between each train that we see right now. You also wouldn't have social distancing on the ride it's self.

Oct 22, 2019
When I was at the park today it occurred to me that I am not sure that the sky ride wouldn't have been a better choice then the train to run. I not sure but I would assume that they both use about equal staff from what I have observed and the sky ride would give them s continuous stream rather then the 30 minutes in between each train that we see right now. You also wouldn't have social distancing on the ride it's self.

You'd lose them in high winds, though.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019

I guess it depends on where you want to focus your staff and what they're trained for - also (obviously), except Heather downs/Tweedside, the skyride runs a much shorter route to different locations so maybe the thought is the trains help spread people out?

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I guess it depends on where you want to focus your staff and what they're trained for - also (obviously), except Heather downs/Tweedside, the skyride runs a much shorter route to different locations so maybe the thought is the trains help spread people out?
They are not spreading anyone out when you run one train and leave dozens of people stacked up in the station not able to get on.

Reactions: metalman

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
They are not spreading anyone out when you run one train and leave dozens of people stacked up in the station not able to get on.

I was thinking more in theory than what they've put in practice. However, aren't the skyride station switchbacks notorious for long lines that have lots of people next to each other for extended periods of time?

Reactions: Nicole

Mwe BGW

Silver Donor
Jul 22, 2018
From Friday night

Attachments

• 8974B174-CDAF-4428-B686-3136F2926AB3.jpeg
    8974B174-CDAF-4428-B686-3136F2926AB3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
Reactions: Zachary
May 13, 2021
Spoke w/2 reps at BGW. According to one, the Skyride and Roman Rapids are closed because of Covid restrictions. Both are considered enclosed spaces and will open once allowed by the state. (I'm just the messenger and can easily argue the other side but that's what I was told).

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Spoke w/2 reps at BGW. According to one, the Skyride and Roman Rapids are closed because of Covid restrictions. Both are considered enclosed spaces and will open once allowed by the state. (I'm just the messenger and can easily argue the other side but that's what I was told).
Yeah, this is false. They're closed, primarily, due to staffing issues. COVID restrictions aren't playing a role.

Last edited:

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
A lot of that testing was done before restrictions were eased then later removed, so it was uncertain what circumstances the park was going to find itself in so in short they adjusted to market conditions as the season has gone on.

However, on topic - even when this ride is up and running, does anyone actually use it for transportation over just getting a chance to sight-see?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Login or Register to Hide This Ad