Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
RE: Killarney Kommotion (2013 to Present)

^Well welcome! We hope you enjoy your time with us. :)

chickenking said:
Also, take a look at this picture and try to find the ONE person who looks like they are enjoying themselves...

Is it that lady holding the Sprite bottle? It seems like she is smiling.

Hey! Maybe if they played KK during Food & Wine Festival, you know, maybe they'd, uh, sell more wine? :p Just a thought...

DISCLAIMER: This is simply a joke meant to express how terrible the show is. Nothing more.

J0E1 said:
Hey! Maybe if they played KK during Food & Wine Festival, you know, maybe they'd, uh, sell more wine? :p Just a thought...

You, sir, are on the path to getting yourself banned. :p

Reactions: Planeteer

^I think CastleOSullivan's post is much worse than mine! :p Anyway, I was just making a general point, basing it off of Chickenkings' joke.

Not to change the subject (;)), but what do we think the likelihood of Killarney Kommotion returning next year is? Between the horrid lack of popularity, use of songs without proper permission, and the gaudiness of the show in general, I hope they can take the hint to do something else next year...or, better yet, just leave Killarney alone! Unfortunately, I'm sure between the set/stage/scaffolding/whatever, the effects, and the work put into making everything happen, they'll probably want to do something to justify the making of this show elsewhere, later on. Perhaps it could be repurposed elsewhere for a Christmas Town thing (could be good or bad).

Wait a sec! I just got a good idea for a new Christmas Town concept!

This should drive some of you crazy but GP member are praising KK. One person was even bold enough to say it was the best show they've ever seen at the park and they have been going for over 10 years.

Party Rocker said:
This should drive some of you crazy but GP member are praising KK. One person was even bold enough to say it was the best show they've ever seen at the park and they have been going for over 10 years.

The GP =/= people on the park's Facebook page. Guest reaction is a far, far better way to gauge interest.

Reactions: flamanar

Keep in mind Zach, it was those very people on Facebook who made the park confess MSR was cancelled and got Fiends moved to Ireland. They have a great untapped power source.

No, actually we made the park confess MSR was canned and the general consists of the general public as a whole and the bad press it brought the park got Fiends moved to Ireland- it went far above and beyond the Facebook page.

Zachary said:
The GP =/= people on the park's Facebook page. Guest reaction is a far, far better way to gauge interest.

There are plenty of people who don't like the show on facebook. If what I'm reading about this Scott fellow is true, he might use the positive feedback (the people who like that brand music and immature party aspect) to justify more pop and less culture. I really do wonder why these people don't simply go to King's Dominion. I saw the shows there and it's only stuff like Kommotion.

Reactions: flamanar

Zachary said:
No, actually we made the park confess MSR was canned and the general consists of the general public as a whole and the bad press it brought the park got Fiends moved to Ireland- it went far above and beyond the Facebook page.

But keep in mind, it was the amount of negative feedback based on Facebook that ushered these changes. Yes we indirectly forced to park to admit MSR canning, and yes bad press indirectly caused Fiends to be moved to Abbeystone. However, those were indirect. The main driving force behind those actions was the feedback received via Facebook.

sheilJ said:
Zachary said:

There are plenty of people who don't like the show on facebook. If what I'm reading about this Scott fellow is true, he might use the positive feedback (the people who like that brand music and immature party aspect) to justify more pop and less culture. I really do wonder why these people don't simply go to King's Dominion. I saw the shows there and it's only stuff like Kommotion.

As a KD season pass holder, the shows there are NOT all like KK at BGW. Pop Fusion and possibly Street Beats (never stayed till closing to see it in person) come close to the genre of music that composes part of Killnarny Kommotion.

ALL singing shows at Kings Dominion use LIVE vocals. No lip-synching. "Got Country" and "On Broadway" don't come anywhere near the style of KK at BGW.

Sure, BGW throws wads of money at their show productions, (over-the-top costumes/sets, huge casts, and musicians in a couple shows). Its nice to see a park chain invest heavily in entertainment in this day and age of belt tightening budgets.

But, Kings Dominion has slowly improved the entertainment options over the last couple of years by adding more shows with more variety. Is it where I think it needs to be? No. Does Cedar Fair need to keep increasing the budget for entertainment. Yes.

The 2013 talent pool of performers at KD is the strongest since Cedar Fair took over in 2006. I would put the cast of lets say, "On Broadway", up against any cast from KD's "Golden Years" of entertainment offerings (1975-1992 | pre-Paramount years | back when the park chain management put entertainment almost on par with rides and attractions). And I would even put them up against any cast at BGW. Strip away the sets and costumes and lets see the true talent. I think they would be close to each other.

Back to KK, I realize feelings for this show, especially being performed at BGW vary all over the place and many don't care for the second half of the show and its location in the Ireland section. I find it strange to see this type of performance at BGW myself. But, if the majority of the GP feels the show is OK, then I don't see the show going anywhere. Plus, It is only there for another week correct?

Sorry, for going off topic, but if the head of entertainment, Scott, is using a top 10 Broadway casting agent to cast for future shows, it appears to me that the entertainment budget must not be hurting too much. If BGW can afford this casting person and get higher skilled performers out of him, along with the increased costs of hiring these new performers, then why so much budget doom and gloom?

(Please note I am not indifferent to the plight of the current BGW spring/summer casts and the strong fan loyalty to those performers. I do feel for all of you. BGW has always had a history of wonderful talent in their shows, many folks going on to bigger and better things in the entertainment industry. Many of you have already shared your disappointment with the park in this decision. But, no matter what happens, continue to show your appreciation to the current casts the next time you visit the park and see a show).

Because Scott likes to waste most the money on unnecessary things. Basically we could of either had higer skilled performers or two more shows for Illuminights.

^
This guy always reminds me of Victor Creed/Sabretooth from X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Rock on!!

Sabretoothorigins.jpg

Am I wrong?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad