Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Didn't Slinky lose a piece or two at the Studios?

Just a tough assignment to get right; you really have to decide you need it. Pile a safety factor atop your existing safety factors... now you're fastening a bauble to the train with a Titanium truss.

Man, all of this talk of decorated coaster trains being so hard to pull off safely is bumming me out. Looks like dorky undecorated trains are the norm because of physics and not just Six Flags race to the bottom cost-cutting. (Also makes me more grateful for Alpie's skis and Apollo's front piece ?)

could this have had something to do with the fact that invadr's trains are repurposed from gwazi? i know that in the transfer they were almost (if not) completely redone, and although i was never able to ride gwazi from what i understand there were no adornments on the front of the trains. i know that this is probably a reach, but it's still interesting to think about.

could this have had something to do with the fact that invadr's trains are repurposed from gwazi? i know that in the transfer they were almost (if not) completely redone, and although i was never able to ride gwazi from what i understand there were no adornments on the front of the trains. i know that this is probably a reach, but it's still interesting to think about.
I mean, I personally think there could be something there but I highly doubt it. I know basically everything was rebuilt on it though.

"Basically everything" might be an overstatement:

Also, I want to point out that this entire discussion appears to be predicated on a fairly weak source. Ride Ops do not tend to have extensive inside information about this kind of planning. I'm not saying any of it is wrong, but I wanted to remind everyone that we don't know for sure that the reporting is accurate.

Not sure when it started, but as of Sunday at least they are no longer skipping rows of seats. This has drastically reduced the line.

Not sure when it started, but as of Sunday at least they are no longer skipping rows of seats. This has drastically reduced the line.

Yep, it has been a hot topic in the BGW COVID thread.

I'll leave your post here as a sorta guidepost for the future, but any subsequent posts will be moved to the COVID thread to try to keep those discussions contained.

I got a ride on this bad boy during the food and wine festival and it was hauling. The front row laterals were way better than I remembered

One train two team member operations make Invadr's low capacity even worse then normal.
I'm really surprised they will run only 1 train. Every ride I worked required at least 2 trains to open (3 in VBolt's case).

Reactions: Le Moose
I'm really surprised they will run only 1 train. Every ride I worked required at least 2 trains to open (3 in VBolt's case).
I mean they only have two to begin with so one could be down for maintenance. But given the cycles between dispatches I have a feeling that they were running 1 because with a two man crew it was just as fast with 1 as with two. The operator was having to come out of the booth work the QQ go back to the booth open the load gates come back out and check restraints in there side. Then go back into the booth to dispatch. They were running hard but it was still regularly passing the five minute mark on loads and sends.

Reactions: Coaster Takes
I mean they only have two to begin with so one could be down for maintenance. But given the cycles between dispatches I have a feeling that they were running 1 because with a two man crew it was just as fast with 1 as with two. The operator was having to come out of the booth work the QQ go back to the booth open the load gates come back out and check restraints in there side. Then go back into the booth to dispatch. They were running hard but it was still regularly passing the five minute mark on loads and sends.
Wow, that's very interesting. Controls also acting as QQ and Unload. Any other coaster, it is a major safety violation to leave the booth while the ride is on. They must have an enable key to take with them like the flats do.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad