Login or Register to Hide This Ad

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
Correct. It doesn't turn the ride off like the flats but disables dispatching until it's back in and turned on.
That's what I figured. Powering off would require resetting all of the estops and the ride, but having a key wired into the dispatch signal would prevent someone from trying to dispatch while the operator wasn't there.

Reactions: CR661 and horsesboy
Oct 7, 2011
Whereas I’d actually put Invadr right at the top of those three for ride dynamics/experience.

LNM is ergonomically stone age at this point and super uncomfortable for me, as much as I have loved it over the years. New trains, largely the same ride experience issues as before. It’s too bad they weren’t able to make more substantial vehicle improvements at that time. I can say a lot of positive things about Nessie, and it has its calmer periods, but it still goes past jostle territory and well into slam and jackhammer.

With the “forest” in its current state, I’m not totally sure what the point of VB actually is, apart from the cool trains (when they aren’t vibrating oddly at speed). The ride itself has only one interesting moment for me, accelerating into the building. The rest is largely just… easy. By design, it seems, so no complaints really. That’s what the ride is for. Not super compelling though.

Invadr is so small, yet it punches above its weight with the first drop being a full rung above anything on VB. And I find the forces to be much more interesting than VB as well. Plenty of solid, forceful moments packed into a too-short layout that nonetheless brings the goods. Still haven’t experienced what some folks describe as roughness on Invadr, either. My wife absolutely hates getting beaten up on rides, but she’ll go for a spin on Invadr every time we hit the park.

Special shout-out to LNM’s first drop, just for the record. Can’t wrap up without mentioning that.

Mar 24, 2021
Whereas I’d actually put Invadr right at the top of those three for ride dynamics/experience.

LNM is ergonomically stone age at this point and super uncomfortable for me, as much as I have loved it over the years. New trains, largely the same ride experience issues as before. It’s too bad they weren’t able to make more substantial vehicle improvements at that time. I can say a lot of positive things about Nessie, and it has its calmer periods, but it still goes past jostle territory and well into slam and jackhammer.

With the “forest” in its current state, I’m not totally sure what the point of VB actually is, apart from the cool trains (when they aren’t vibrating oddly at speed). The ride itself has only one interesting moment for me, accelerating into the building. The rest is largely just… easy. By design, it seems, so no complaints really. That’s what the ride is for. Not super compelling though.

Invadr is so small, yet it punches above its weight with the first drop being a full rung above anything on VB. And I find the forces to be much more interesting than VB as well. Plenty of solid, forceful moments packed into a too-short layout that nonetheless brings the goods. Still haven’t experienced what some folks describe as roughness on Invadr, either. My wife absolutely hates getting beaten up on rides, but she’ll go for a spin on Invadr every time we hit the park.

Special shout-out to LNM’s first drop, just for the record. Can’t wrap up without mentioning that.
I’m pretty much the exact opposite lol. I don’t find Nessie rough whatsoever, but me and my party found Invadr super rough last week (I find it rough all the time), and I like pretty much every aspect of VB. Invadrs first drop is good, I’ll give you that. But Nessie’s is better.

Oct 7, 2011
I was as surprised as anyone to realize I’d put Invadr on top for ride dynamics. Maybe it has gotten super rough during the month since I last rode it. Dunno.

The contrast between LNM’s sublime first drop and the rest of the ride’s more violent moments is a real tragedy, IMO. My jaw and lower spine can’t let my stomach rank it above Invadr. To each their own (body parts), I guess.

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Invadr is awesome including the drop. My only beef is that of the stupid Millenium Flyer trains will sometimes ratchet down an extra notch during the ride and is actually painful.

Aside from the asinine theme, the pointy corners on the Millennium Flyer restraints are probably the worst thing about the entire ride. Nearly flawless aside from those two things in my opinion.

Mar 24, 2021
Aside from the asinine theme, the pointy corners on the Millennium Flyer restraints are probably the worst thing about the entire ride. Nearly flawless aside from those two things in my opinion.
Speaking of theming, why?? Invadr is for Vikings, who aren’t Canadian, and Canada isn’t even European. I get that it’s a French Colony, but still. Too many questions

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Everyone has been scratching their heads endlessly about that very question since InvadR was announced. New France has always been a problem in many people's opinions (my own very much included), but somehow InvadR managed to make that even worse.

I love the ride, but god damn, the theme is wholly braindead.

Jul 31, 2017
I'd like to create a new metric for roller coaster stats. InvadR has one of the highest fun per foot ratings possible.

Mar 24, 2021
Everyone has been scratching their heads endlessly about that very question since InvadR was announced. New France has always been a problem in many people's opinions (my own very much included), but somehow InvadR managed to make that even worse.

I love the ride, but god damn, the theme is wholly braindead.
Like Nothing in Canada is particularly themed to America other than trappers smokehouse. Everything else could be rethemed to say Norway and work. Change the turkey legs to venison and the log flume to something Norwegian and you’re fine. And the spinny flat ride and the train station gets a rename.

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
I have a suspicion that some of the first words ever uttered about BGW on the internet were something to the effect of "BGW should make New France into a [Scandinavian Country]-themed hamlet."

That wish, alongside the desire for a Spanish hamlet, are almost certainly older than I am.

May 27, 2011
I just got it! The parks rollercoasters are largely mythical or legen...wait for it...dary creatures. IE- they didn’t exist. We can put the Viking invasion of Colonial French Canada in that same category. It didn’t exist. The Viking are mythical creatures!!!
yaaaay!!!!! 🤪
Theming solved. 🤘

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
You can't trust everything you read on Wikipedia. That should read:

"[...] ruthless Vikings who pillaged the village out of existence."

This joke is brought to you by the OG InvadR fans, members of #InvadRWatch.

Reactions: belsaas
Apr 1, 2010
NC
Reactions: metalman
Login or Register to Hide This Ad