Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Ripper Row is a tough one for me. At this point it is predictable and a bit stale. However, for me it sets the tone perfectly, especially if you get to the park after 6pm. The From Hell soundtrack, the random screaming, the American versions of East End London accents, the headless carriage driver, the crows, the rats, the smell of the fog, all of these things make it feel like HOS. As much as I feel like we need a new Terror-tory here, I can't imagine one that would work as well.

You know, a theme of "Freakenstein's Vault" (like all of the monsters he has kept stowed away) wouldn't be bad. He introduces it, "Welcome to my vault. I may have failed at creating the most evil creature ever, but I have perfected my curation of evil for my next attempt, in a few years...(Leading up to a feature rendition of fiends) come take a look, and help me test their fiendish abilities" and utilize the nurses as like guides, at every transfer between containment areas they are there going "right this way" stuff like that. It's a huge nostalgia bomb, but it seems like something that could work.

Honestly though Jack is Back drew huge crowds evey show right up till park closing, can the shows the past few years say that. The Festhaus some nights played almost empty for the final show of the night yet Jack was packing Ireland. I always enjoyed Jack is Back but do see the issue that it draws kids and families.

Now for Finnegans Flyer...heres what I think could be cool........picktur this you load the ride as normal, then instead of the ride starting you get a huge blast of fog from through the floor, the lighting changes from the white lights needed to load to purples and reds, then out of nowwere because of the fog your strapped in and cant get away and your surrounded by scare actors torrmenting the riders for 30-40 seconds then suddenly they dissapear and the ride starts. The fog keeps pumping through the floor so every swing you plunge into the fog not knowing whats ahead of you.

Technical issues that are easily overcome.....each scare actor would need a sensor they would need to keep a finger on or the ride would not start, basically the same as ride operators. Thermal imaging cameras woild be needed to monitor guests through the fog. Other than that its all theatrical elements installed outside the ride safety perimeter.

You know, a theme of "Freakenstein's Vault" (like all of the monsters he has kept stowed away) wouldn't be bad. He introduces it, "Welcome to my vault. I may have failed at creating the most evil creature ever, but I have perfected my curation of evil for my next attempt, in a few years...(Leading up to a feature rendition of fiends) come take a look, and help me test their fiendish abilities" and utilize the nurses as like guides, at every transfer between containment areas they are there going "right this way" stuff like that. It's a huge nostalgia bomb, but it seems like something that could work.
Building off of this, they could take a darker route and have a scene with the nurses operating on a monster or something, where it's more graphic since it's a haunted house and you see them "extracting evil components"

Just spitballing. I think a Freakenstein's Vault could work really well if it was planned out properly.

I wish they would bring back some sort of dining experience. It doesn't have to be the Blood Banquet but something besides Night Beats.

If Fright Feast or similar had turned a profit, I'm sure we would still see something like it around today. It's my understanding that Blood Banquet was the only one that ever came close to breaking even—and even that was high risk, low reward.

I'm not surprised by that. Not sure if anyone has the numbers, but do the escape rooms actually do well?

I’m having trouble seeing anything about Tampa’s fright feast either. The one down in Tampa is a great way to kill time during the switch from daytime to hos operations and it gives a couple hours of line skipping for the houses too, allowing you to comfortably do all the houses in one evening with some spare time for rides.

Last year I worked for one of the contractors that helped produced howl-o-scream. I have a vast back ground in the haunted attraction industry and have done multiple haunted attractions. Busch gardens has lost their passion. We produced one of the haunted attractions and set up a majority of the park for howl-o-scream. During the end of howl-o-scream, Busch entertainment staff had a meeting about upcoming projects which included the vault and frostbite which somehow changed. I believe it’s because Busch is trying to produce the attractions in house now and do not have enough man power to do so.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad