Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Caleb said:
Guess I'm the only one who really cares about haunt...yes less crowds

You posted like 3 days ago. Give us time, man lol. We need to gather our thoughts, do some research on Wikipedia, write an outline, then write our response, have it peer reviewed, and then submit it. It's a whole process :)

My money is on Feary Tales being scrapped. It's the oldest scare zone and we have't gotten one for a couple years. Personally, I am a big fan of Feary Tales, so I would like them to keep it, but I don't see them keeping it around.

As for the houses, I would prefer to see Outbreak be scrapped. I'm just not a big fan. It's nice to have something a bit different by using aliens, but it just doesn't do it for me. However, they clearly love having a house in the FOF warehouse, and aliens go with the theme, so I highly doubt it's going anywhere.

Club Blood is such a crowd favorite that it will probably stick around. Judging by the updated facade last year, it seems like KD is committing to it being around a while longer. Doll Factory and Slaughterhouse both opened in 2010, so I think one of those two are on the chopping block. I like both, but if I had to pick one, I would get rid of Slaughterhouse. Doll Factory and No Vacancy are my two favorites each year, so I would hate to see Doll Factory go. I am a fan of Slaughterhouse, though a lot of people seem to rank it around the middle of the pack.

What I'd like to see them do is bring back a maze to the WWC queue. I know it's been a weak spot over the years, but I thought Miners Revenge was on the right track before a couple donks decided to make a fuss. Personally, I would like to see them tackle werewolves out there. When done right, werewolves in the woods could be amazing. Someone else had mentioned doing a Civil War zombies bit, which could also be pretty cool.

Slaughter house got a new facade in 2012 (I think) and doll factory doesn't even have one. So my money is on doll factory being removed. I agree it usually has some great scares, but it's been around for so long, that I know the layout and were all the actors positions. Pretty predictable. I would love to see civil war zombie maze/zone, but with all the stupid butt hurt people in this world I doubt they will do something based off of real 'stuff'.

Reactions: SWStevo
I personally hate Slaughterhouse. Going through it actually irritates me. Doll House, however, is brilliant, in my opinion. Obviously, I would happily see Slaughterhouse go. I also think Maze of Madness was just terrible and needs to be euthanized.

For what it is worth, I thought Outbreak was actually fantastic last year, so I'd like to see it again.

Reactions: Caleb and Zimmy
So was waiting in line for FOF and noticed the body of a girl in a dress hanging from her hands to the left of the UFO. I have never noticed that before. Do I have bad observation skills or is that new?

Thanks. It is hard to spot from the que so I would imagine it to be for the maze. So does anyone know anything at all about haunt 2K15. Besides that we will see a new tombstone on international street for shockwave *sniffle*

Caleb said:
Thanks. It is hard to spot from the que so I would imagine it to be for the maze. So does anyone know anything at all about haunt 2K15. Besides that we will see a new tombstone on international street for shockwave *sniffle*

I am surprised we haven't heard anything yet. Don't we typically start getting information about Haunt plans around mid-July? Or did I make that up?

Nope ur not making that up, last year MoM was announced around this time (7/27) , and year before zombie high and miners was announced around this time also ( 7/29) sWe also saw ads around park sprouting up too. I'm really shocked on how KD hasn't even said anything about hiring actors so far. Last year their first audition was 7/20. It's 7/18. So hopefully in the next two weeks we'll start seeing haunt info trickle out...

Reactions: SWStevo
^ I'm assuming the 2016 announcement won't happen until the week of August 24th. I believe we will find out Haunt information before that when hiring starts.

Speaking of that, I'm very surprised by the lack of rumors and hiring so far this season.

Advertisements and teasing really don't start showing up around the park until the first week of August when Dodgem is closed for maze construction. Then we'll slowly see the banners begin to appear around International Street and signage around the park on the restroom exteriors, ect.

As far as what could be coming this season? For the first time in a while I have no clue which direction they will go. I'm hoping for at least one new maze and one new scare zone (this is needed).

Although Fairy Tales fits in with the Planet Snoopy area well, it has been around the longest like others have stated. To fit with the 'kiddie' theme of the area, maybe the park can introduce a new, improved area similar to Scarowinds' "The Playgound"?

Also, I know the park will probably never get rid of an alien theme in Flight of Fear, but I'd like an unusual twist for that maze if the aliens are sticking around forever - something like 'Cowboys vs. Aliens' would be an interesting take.

I love SlaughterHouse's details and atmosphere, but if I had to guess it's probably on the top of the chopping block. Could one more throwback maze make a return for the 40th's final bang? The Freezer? Freak Show 3D/Big Top Terror?

^ Reviews of Fury/Viral at Carowinds were never good, but mainly due to the lack of scares. I could totally see a theme like that working well in the Flight of Fear building - it would be an interesting theme compared to the others around the park.

I also heard that The Playground scare zone isn't returning to Scarowinds this season, so maybe it is heading our way?
14065798067_b8d0088ae7_o.jpg

Reactions: Caleb and Mushroom
Timing on Haunt details vary from year to year (especially the last 3 seasons). Last year, the park was in a transition with no marketing/public relations manager. With a new marketing manager in place this year, their way of releasing details might be different from the last manager in that position. Also, there might be changes from upper park management and/or corporate on how/when info is released.

Haunt teasers usually start popping up in early August. There could be a slight delay in that info with the new BBQ & Brew event occurring the 1st two weekends in August. The park seems focused on advertising that event with banners in the park and Facebook entries; including a video of the celebrity BBQ judge, for the Military BBQ competition, the 1st weekend in August.

Speaking of Haunt, might want to get your last rides on the bump cars. They usually shutdown at the beginning of August, probably within the next 2 weeks.

Reactions: buckler89
Does anybody know when Haunt auditions are for this season? I can't seem to find any information, and I also saw the post at the top of this page that said that hiring had already happened. A friend and I really want to work at Haunt this year, so I hope that this is not true. It doesn't seem like KD to not want to find new people to hire. Oh, and if it is true, could I see proof? Thanks in advance for any help.

mtorange said:
Does anybody know when Haunt auditions are for this season? I can't seem to find any information, and I also saw the post at the top of this page that said that hiring had already happened. A friend and I really want to work at Haunt this year, so I hope that this is not true. It doesn't seem like KD to not want to find new people to hire. Oh, and if it is true, could I see proof? Thanks in advance for any help.

The Park has not put out any public annoucements concerning Haunt hiring yet. Some folks stated they have so many returning people from last year, that the park did not need to do a major hiring blitz this year.

BUT, I would not assume that means they stopped hiring for the Haunt because all positions are filled. You might need to contact the park to get more information on this. It seems they are always hiring even when Haunt is underway.

I saw on Facebook that Kings Island is removing their Club Blood. Anyone know if other CF parks have made Haunt announcements? I would think the parks have similar time frames for announcements, but maybe not.

I found a YouTube video of some girl who was blogging about her and her 2 friends auditioning for the 2015 Haunt. (A little too chatty for my tastes). ;-)

EDIT: The YouTube video is about the Haunt audition experience. I thought the park told her what attraction she was going to work at that time. She stated she won't know that info until the end of August or in September when she goes to orientation/scare school at the park.

Reactions: Caleb
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad