Halloween Haunt 2015

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Sep 29, 2009
2,742
7,191
113
Am I just imagining it, or does that not already look miles better than last year? With the improvements made to Club Blood, I hope KD continues down that route. Aside from more actors, their mazes are beginning to look much less like beach-side haunts. I know the park has limited resources, but even the temporary mazes are starting to look more permanent.
 
Feb 1, 2015
68
77
18
I'm still hoping that they make KD "the knotts scary farm of the east". Oh my dreams... Anyways I was at the park the other day and it was raining so guests removed the fencing to MoM and sat on mirrors and other junk, some people even ventured into the bumper car building :/ they should have better security/ fences. And the MoM facade looks the same...sadly. I agree with castleosullivan on general improvements to the mazes, I hope that they revamp the layouts to doll factory, slaughter house, and club blood. Am I the only one who knows the layout by heart to those mazes?
 
  • Like
Reactions: SWStevo and John
Jul 16, 2013
460
1,208
93
Radford, VA
twitter.com
Here's a look at construction of the former Outbreak maze location. Fresh lumber on site, and gutted the entire former maze. Smelt like sawdust, seems like they might be replacing it with something new. I mean they wouldn't have the "prepping for Haunt 2015" sign if they were just straight up removing it.

Also, peeked through a crack in the FoF queue. LARGE building under construction. looks like we can expect a new maze.

Fresh lumber on site.


Gutted left side behind the wall.


Stacked walls from what appears to be Outbreak.

 
Jan 28, 2014
132
227
43
The release on KD's website about hiring says 450 Haunt Monsters, which seems pretty standard for recent years. The rest I assume will be extra people like make-up, security, etc, as Mwhinva said.
 
Aug 2, 2015
7
0
1
Caleb said:
I'm still hoping that they make KD "the knotts scary farm of the east". Oh my dreams... Anyways I was at the park the other day and it was raining so guests removed the fencing to MoM and sat on mirrors and other junk, some people even ventured into the bumper car building :/ they should have better security/ fences. And the MoM facade looks the same...sadly. I agree with castleosullivan on general improvements to the mazes, I hope that they revamp the layouts to doll factory, slaughter house, and club blood. Am I the only one who knows the layout by heart to those mazes?
You work for a haunt?
 
Jul 22, 2014
159
406
63
Virginia Tech
Now we know that Fury/Viral is leaving Carowinds I think something similar (using its props) could be heading Kings Dominion's way for Haunt. And of course, the FOF building would be the perfect theme for it.

Here's what the Fury/Viral description was:
A top secret weapons facility is using questionable chemistry to build the ultimate soldier. Come join us for a for-your-eyes-only tour of the facility where the drug will be sold to the highest bidder.
Maybe on the same truck, they'll send some new scare zone props, too. They are removing The Playground as I mentioned earlier. That would be a good replacement for Feary Tales.
 
Sep 20, 2013
2,005
3,522
113
Virginia
www.youtube.com
Yaay, Outbreak was the worst house in my opinion. Only thing is I actually experienced Fury at Scarwoinds back in 2012 and its very similar to deadline in which the sets and story are great, but the scares, not so much. It had a pre-show which explained the plot and majority of the house, maybe all of it, was black light. Still, really excited to see a new house in the Flight of Fear queue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joe and Hokie305
Feb 1, 2015
68
77
18
Fears tales is staying because they have already hired people for it. I agree with john on a merge of fury and outbreak but I hope that we get something like fallout shelter (knotts) or endgames (knotts). Also weren't the new mazes in the past released when the hiring dates were?
 
  • Like
Reactions: SWStevo
Nov 1, 2012
878
2,016
93
Caleb said:
Fears tales is staying because they have already hired people for it. I agree with john on a merge of fury and outbreak but I hope that we get something like fallout shelter (knotts) or endgames (knotts). Also weren't the new mazes in the past released when the hiring dates were?
The Haunt attraction release dates seem to vary from year to year. I think the dates were somewhat earlier over the last 3 years or so because the park did not always have future attraction announcements to publish in August. Therefore, the park would promote the current season Haunt stuff during this time frame.

Also, KD has a new marketing manager and their style of Haunt promotion could be different because of their own style or by the direction they were given by park/corporate higher-ups.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Caleb
Aug 2, 2015
7
0
1
Kings dominion will not get either of those mazes. The reason being its from knotts. They got doll factory because all cedar fair park get the same "iconic mazes" such as doll factory and zombie high. If KD sticks with the alien/military theme it will be some sort of variation of another parks maze. Cedar fair likes to recycle and revamp old ideas
 
Apr 30, 2015
483
578
93
Im interested to see what they are replacing outbreak with since it has had such a wide group of fans either people LOVE IT or HATE IT. While i know not everyone will like it but i want to see if its going to have a decent replacement.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Caleb
Jan 28, 2014
132
227
43
KingB24 said:
I recently spoke to a safety manager for KD while working at my job and the topic of Haunt came up and he claimed they were adding a new prison themed maze as a replacement for Outbreak. Now whether or not that is true, I don't know.
This could be pretty cool. Outbreak never did much for me for some reason. It just never seemed to get the same amount of love from designers as the other mazes. It was always just kind of blah. The actors were usually good (I rarely ever have a problem with actors' efforts), but the atmosphere just never worked for me.

A prison could be cool though if it's true. Abandoned prisons are inherently creepy for whatever reason. Although I do worry that it could be a bit too similar to MoM. Instead of a bunch of deranged patients, they're prisoners. But we'll see.

We've talked about what mazes we'd like to see scrapped, but what about scare zones? Anyone have any scare zones they'd like to see be replaced? Personally, IronWorx has always confused me a bit. I don't think I really get the idea behind it other than having a steam punk twist in the park. People seem to generally like it and it's not so much that I dislike it, but rather I just don't get it. The props and everything are cool looking, but it just seems a bit random to me.

Any thoughts?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Joe and Caleb
Apr 30, 2015
483
578
93
buckler89 said:
We've talked about what mazes we'd like to see scrapped, but what about scare zones? Anyone have any scare zones they'd like to see be replaced? Personally, IronWorx has always confused me a bit. I don't think I really get the idea behind it other than having a steam punk twist in the park. People seem to generally like it and it's not so much that I dislike it, but rather I just don't get it. The props and everything are cool looking, but it just seems a bit random to me.

Any thoughts?
I think unfortunately the scarezones in parks sometimes seem ramdom. There are ones that you love but really dont fit the area or You dont like them at all. Its a rarity that they seem to fit well AND are well received. It might be something we personally are not privy to since we only critique the finished product we arent there during the stage of what to put where AND will it fit theme and size wise.
 

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
8,741
22,452
113
Arlington, VA
I can't recall if anyone has said this yet, but the façade for Slaughterhouse is going up...unfortunately. We saw it Sunday.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Caleb
Feb 1, 2015
68
77
18
I hope necropolis is replaced by a werewolf theme or something that would fit in old virginia. I find it random to see zombies in the deeply wooded historical old virginia area. If I recall correctly ironworx recently got some big props like the oil rig thing so maybe they will keep that and also the lair has been there forever and idk what could replace it. Anyways has anybody thought that the overlord will be replaced by a new character? Knotts scary farm and cedar point both switched over to the green witch. Scaro winds now has Lilith. Maybe it is KD's turn. Any thoughts?
 
Login or Register to Hide This Ad