Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
The 3 people in front of me at Mexico got the sampler cards. I don't know which one. That was 11:30.

Too many school groups and hot. We left after using our vouchers. Benefits of having membership. We'll go back another day.

Was at the park this evening, only got a couple of items.

Had the Gamba Fritters, which is always a favorite! Like wdwrld, not a lot of sauce was given. But I enjoy them without the sauce as well. I LOVED the ginger limeade. I ended up going back later to get another, but that was more bc I got sick, and ginger helps with stomach troubles.

Also went to the Hawaii booth and got the tuna poke, and it was average. I've had better out in town (at the few places that have it) but it wasn't bad. We also had the coconut pineapple mousse and the hibiscus lemonade. The mousse wasn't my jam, but I don't like coconut. And the hibiscus lemonade really tasted like raspberry lemonade to me. Which I mean, is a good flavor for me as I love raspberry flavored things. But I can't say that, that's the taste I expected going in.

Overall I enjoyed what I got.

So there was some discussion earlier about the fritters and the varying of how well they were cooked. Tonight I watched for a while and think I know the problem. One person was scooping and forming the fritter dough with a scoop and dropping them in the fryer. She made quite a few but then dumped the whole basket at once. Each one seemed to take 5-10 seconds to make and drop. So some cooked much longer than others which would explain why some seemed overcooked and then some doughy still.

While it was hot, I’m glad I spent the day at the park yesterday. Every ride was a walk on except for a 20 min wait for Verbolten. Was also able to watch every show. Cooled off with a Blue Hawaiian in a pineapple. Then had the Jamaican punch with the fritters. Fritters were awesome. Also tried the lamb slider, didn’t disappoint. Thanks for the recommendations BGWFans!

Pretty sure the sampler specifies 8 oz of beer
I’m looking at the back of my Deluxe Sampler card and it specifically says “beer (10oz), wine (3oz), or specialty non-alcoholic beverages (10oz)”. However the F&W Guide specifies 8oz now that I look at it. What a surprise

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Zachary and Nicole
If you bought the deluxe sampler, how did you use it?
Did you get to use all your credits? Is it enough for two people to share if you’re buying food with it? Reading through the thread, it seems that people use it mostly for the drinks priced on the higher end? Thank you for making that spreadsheet by the way! I have been debating for the past few weeks now if I should or should not buy the sampler. A couple weeks ago we got the quick queue passes but something was going on with their locker system (we brought a backpack) and we only went on two or three rides together because we had to take turns watching our stuff. I just want to make sure it’s worth it.

Reactions: Nicole
We actually got a Deluxe Sampler this weekend to do a F&WF follow-up (I wanted the convenience). We did get all 15 items, but it took all day, and we were intentionally trying several dishes a second time, I think we may have broken even, when compared to our member discount, but I didn’t check the math. The alcohol is definitely the best deal, however.

Only on 9 of the 32 food items do you come ahead on the sampler. Most savory items come out roughly equal or better on the sampler but all the lemonades and deserts except for the cannoli trio you are better off with purchasing separately. It depends on what you will mainly eat on which way to go. I would buy a 10 item sampler and buy any deserts separately but as Nicole said the 15 item sampler is more convenient.
As a side note, I used my free item for the mini cannoli trio on my way out of the park today and ended up getting 2 regular and a chocolate. No strawberry ?. I was on I-64 before my wife opened it up and noticed.

Would this be something of a requirement based on VA abc laws that liquor has to be available as a sit down option and not just served at a bar? I know VA has some wierd restrictions maybe unlike beer or wine which can be served at stands only (football games. Etc..) that if selling liquor by the shot the establishment must provide some form of seating.

It's exactly that. VA has some weird ABC laws and this is one of them. Beer and wine do not require table service to be available. The law doesn't require that someone needs to be able to come and take your order but it does require that you need to be able to deliver drinks containing something beyond wine and beer to tables upon request

Just wanna say the event has been stellar today. Every dish I've had has been hot and fresh. Good portion sizes, no skimping on key ingredients. Also, I can definitely recommend the Rosé cider at the drink booth in front of Das Festhaus.

Dang. Did they ever reveal where it was found? I looked some that morning around France and New France. There were several people looking.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad