Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I was thinking yesterday while riding… How difficult would this be to retheme to an Aerosmith Rock N Roller Coaster or something of the like? How much more exciting would this ride be if you were riding it to some real headbangers? If you did something like that, then this section of the park could all be gearhead theme with the only outlier being Anaconda which I’m sure would be easier to retheme to a gearhead theme than retheming the other 3 rides to Jungle Expedition. Maybe this area doesn’t need to be rethemed to Jungle Expedition but instead, become it’s own new area.

I was thinking yesterday while riding… How difficult would this be to retheme to an Aerosmith Rock N Roller Coaster or something of the like? How much more exciting would this ride be if you were riding it to some real headbangers? If you did something like that, then this section of the park could all be gearhead theme with the only outlier being Anaconda which I’m sure would be easier to retheme to a gearhead theme than retheming the other 3 rides to Jungle Expedition. Maybe this area doesn’t need to be rethemed to Jungle Expedition but instead, become it’s own new area.

Eh, let's see what CF/KD can do in fully fleshing out the JX theme to the area before being concerned with trying to get a motor-based theme for the current rides.

I think I'm starting to echo @warfelg's sentiments about completing a themed area though he can state them much better than myself.

Believe it or not, Paramount actually did have plans in the early/mid 2000s to retheme Flight of Fear with an MTV rock concert theme. There’s concept art for it somewhere on this forum, possibly in this thread.

Eh, let's see what CF/KD can do in fully fleshing out the JX theme to the area before being concerned with trying to get a motor-based theme for the current rides.

I think I'm starting to echo @warfelg's sentiments about completing a themed area though he can state them much better than myself.
It’s just a fear that it’s something that CF hasn’t done in a widespread cohesive theme area. I’ve said all along I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they go all the way back. And I know they never said they would complete CAG but the fact they only did CAG at the back half and didn’t follow through on making a fully cohesive area bothers me. Creates the sense of fear that this is all they will do, especially if they do a coaster in Volcanos old spot, I worry they will look at it as a complete area, especially if they squeeze a flat in there.

Reactions: Beetlegoose
If they want to put more work into it, start with new trains, because they are TINY. Theming behind that solve.

Given the ride's age along with relatively tight radii through curves and inversions, and presumably a relatively small protection envelope... And the desire to not have OTSRs, I highly doubt there's any interest in finding new trains unless the ones they have become condemned and they're willing to spend the money instead of shutting the ride down.

I see what you all are saying and I can’t say I disagree. I was thinking about i305. I’m sure they have contracts and red tape galore to change the themeing of that ride away from Dale. If you can’t get away from that, since you already have 2 car theme rides anyway, just make the other 2 car theme and have a new area. If you can’t beat em, join em??

AFAIK the Dale theming is under license so once that expires or both parties agree to end it earlier it could be easily rethemed.

I think the larger tell for any of the rides in that area getting a retheme may be seeing new name or logo trademarks or copyrights filed.

Reactions: Coasternerd
It’s just a fear that it’s something that CF hasn’t done in a widespread cohesive theme area. I’ve said all along I’ll be pleasantly surprised if they go all the way back. And I know they never said they would complete CAG but the fact they only did CAG at the back half and didn’t follow through on making a fully cohesive area bothers me. Creates the sense of fear that this is all they will do, especially if they do a coaster in Volcanos old spot, I worry they will look at it as a complete area, especially if they squeeze a flat in there.
My most recent theory is because Jungle X-Pedition was the pilot of heavily themed areas in Cedar Fair parks, they only refreshed the inner parts of the area to test the waters because that was where the new attraction got built. Since the retheme was a success and now other CF properties are investing in this like Aeronautical Landing at Carowinds and Adventure Port at Kings Island, I could see them continue the retheme in coming years.
Believe it or not, Paramount actually did have plans in the early/mid 2000s to retheme Flight of Fear with an MTV rock concert theme. There’s concept art for it somewhere on this forum, possibly in this thread.
Now the multi-colored lights on the dome floor would make more sense. If only the could pivot.

I think the semi-alien theme is still cool. As mentioned before, the park could probably take it upon itself to add some more things to the ride. Add an alien animatronic on the upper platform of the ride.

Just curious, but are the neon floor lights still on for Flight of Fear? Or have some of them been turned off?

They touched up some of the aliens and theming in the que line, the lockdown house is still in place (idk if there’s still props inside or not), and they added new audio tracks outside and inside the ride.
Could you expand on what you mean by the audio tracks inside and outside the ride?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad