Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Damn, that VHS overlay confused me for a hot second :p

KD did tweet out the full FOF preshow pretty recently. Maybe they did bring it back?

Reactions: SLC Headache
It's likely possible that the park has done away with some of the neon floor lights. Either that, or they just don't want to replace them. I'd rather them just keep it dark because it enhances the experience. Not sure why KD doesn't want to give this ride some good treatment. It was one of the fan favorites before I305 got built. More than anything I use to have fun standing in line with my friends enjoying the indoor queue theme. That all changed after theme parks re-opened after covid and went to BGW to ride Verbolten. I had no idea, what I had been missing out on.

Flight of Fear could still retain this title if the park was willing to put a little work into it. Consider the idea I posted last night, where the experience puts more emphasis on portal experimentation. It could easily breath new life into the ride.
I prefer to experience the pre-ride sections walking through at top speed and get enough chances to do so. While FoF as a ride is simpler than VB or DK, it works more completely. There isn't a more tangled mess of track to light ominously, and it really is now. But you're right the (LED) lights might just be broken.

As usual, I want them to fix or light the clear round thing in the round room and keep the mirror clean behind the UFO.

Reactions: SLC Headache
Anyone know if this is intentional? My mom said it looked like a rat got in there and dug out the ventilation lol
IMG_7916.jpeg

I prefer to experience the pre-ride sections walking through at top speed and get enough chances to do so. While FoF as a ride is simpler than VB or DK, it works more completely. There isn't a more tangled mess of track to light ominously, and it really is now. But you're right the (LED) lights might just be broken.

As usual, I want them to fix or light the clear round thing in the round room and keep the mirror clean behind the UFO.

I need to get a visit in this season. So can it be confirmed that the neon floor lights are off this season? Also, does anyone remember the rocket launch sound that queued each time the ride was launched? I noticed after covid that the ride didn't feature it anymore. Also, is the maze wall still in the queue area or did they finally take it down to give riders more breathing room?

I need to get a visit in this season. So can it be confirmed that the neon floor lights are off this season? Also, does anyone remember the rocket launch sound that queued each time the ride was launched? I noticed after covid that the ride didn't feature it anymore. Also, is the maze wall still in the queue area or did they finally take it down to give riders more breathing room?
No, never said they were off, said they were perfect -- 2.5 weeks ago. This last weekend a couple of lights, purple and a very non-neon colored (they're LEDs like everything these days) almost-white yellow light seemed too glaring. Could have been subjective, it was night. Even that works because it blinds you, and then all the entire other half of the floor is dark. You can see things around but at least a third of the time that doesn't include in front of you.

While we're on ride details, on Sunday Backlot's fire timing was correct on (my ride on) the blue train, not the white one, with the red one parked.

Reactions: Coasternerd
I don't like it pitch black. I need to see a little. Not constantly, but some light some of the time.

it would also be a lot more expensive to retrofit the trains in that way. I'd rather they use that capital for other purposes, personally.
By how much? They couldn’t have put in on-board audio during its construction as they did Italian Job?

By how much? They couldn’t have put in on-board audio during its construction as they did Italian Job?
Flight of Fear was a first of it's kind ride when it was built and they had a lot of kinks to work out audio was probably so far down the list that it's wasn't even considered.

Yeah I imagine back in the 90s they weren't looking for little detail ideas like on-board audio to make it stand out. Mostly "god I hope this random magnet bullsh*t works!" is what I imagine they were thinking.
That and oh good it works now how do we stop all the lights in the neighborhood from flickering every time we launch.

Omg I got on it today and I was shocked at how much the experience has jumped sense I last rode. TVs were on, audio was playing but would pause when it launched and then the part that really got me was the music in the dome… I have never heard it before such a pleasant surprise. They still have some lights in there but it’s still pretty dark at most parts.

Edit: I do wish they would turn on the lights that make the alien tubes glow. But over all it’s great!

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad