Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Now that the site no longer houses Three Point Challenge but instead, plays host to a generic, easily movable, hopefully not as successful, basketball game, maybe this plot of land could be fair game for alternative uses in the years ahead...?

One can only hope. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I hate these basketball games at parks. Especially the ones where a basketball is the prize. Guests can't resist bouncing them all over the place, making a dull, constant repeating noise that gives me a migraine. And if they lose control of it, it can go rolling/bouncing around and get in the way, or worse cause another guest to fall and get hurt.

Well the coke market place work looks like it might be a let down as it appears to be being converted into a storage building. But hey I see Christmas Town decorations and some Howl-O-Scream stuff over the wall.

Attachments

• 20220526_112607.jpg
    20220526_112607.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
Well the coke market place work looks like it might be a let down as it appears to be being converted into a storage building. But hey I see Christmas Town decorations and some Howl-O-Scream stuff over the wall.

All of that storage is what was behind the old back wall of the Coke Market. I assume the plan is to do something similar again with whatever is replacing the Coke Market.

PS: If you look closely behind all the stuff (right side of the photo above) you can see the old Festa Italia entry sign that used to be next to the wagon adjacent do the compass circle. Tragic that it has just been sitting back there for all of these years unused. When people say the park has been detheming itself, this is what they mean—BGW takes theming down for construction/special events/convenience, shoves it into a dark corner backstage, and lets it rot out of view until people forget it.

Last edited:

Maybe it's just me, but seeing that photo and lack of any sort of progress on opening the Coke Market is highly disturbing.

So in Festa Italia, we have three flats. Three coasters; one of which is the brand new flagship coaster. And one of the park's biggest water rides. So quite a bit of people traffic.

But what real options exist for someone just to get a soft drink or water in Festa Italia?

Sure, there's Roman Frieze. But it's not really built to handle large lines. Then there's La Cucina. But when again is it supposed to actually reopen.

Leaving the Festa Italia area to find a quick drink... we used to have the food stand across from Pompeii's entrance. But it's of course now gone. Walking in the other direction we have Marco Polo's. But when again is it actually open.

So as we're getting near to the start of the summer; with likely record temps. We have an area drawing a massive number of people to ride the brand-new coaster, and how is that the park could not take it as an absolute priority to get the Coke Market re-opened for the summer season(?)

So again, maybe it's just me, but this honestly troubles me quite a bit.

But on the bright side, I guess there's still that one lone water fountain near the Coke Market restrooms. (Or maybe the park just expects people to drink from the toilets 😉)

Then there's La Cucina. But when again is it supposed to actually reopen.

Unlikely ever as La Cucina and there are no signs of life from its formerly-planned renovation.

The drink situation at BGW is truly dire in places these days—Festa certainly being one of them. I hated the old Coke Market from day one and I'm thrilled to see it go under the knife, but the timing is truly baffling. Almost anytime at all would have been better than right now.

Unlikely ever as La Cucina and there are no signs of life from its formerly-planned renovation.

The drink situation at BGW is truly dire in places these days—Festa certainly being one of them. I hated the old Coke Market from day one and I'm thrilled to see it go under the knife, but the timing is truly baffling. Almost anytime at all would have been better than right now.
I wonder if the park would consider doing something similar to KD (or was that another CF park I'm getting confused with?) with their refresh stations. Basically just drink stands with a checkout. And if staffing is a concern for processing payments, they could, in theory, use kiosks I suppose.

Reactions: Coasternerd
I wonder if the park would consider doing something similar to KD (or was that another CF park I'm getting confused with?) with their refresh stations. Basically just drink stands with a checkout. And if staffing is a concern for processing payments, they could, in theory, use kiosks I suppose.
They have 4 places that are pretty much just that. All 4 are closed at the moment.

I guess they need more then or perhaps just more staff?
Three of the four were open before Food and Wine but were closed to staff the event. As much as I believe Festa needs a drink booth I don't believe that BGW could staff the market place during F&W even if it were in shape to operate.

Reactions: Zachary and Mwe BGW
Three of the four were open before Food and Wine but were closed to staff the event. As much as I believe Festa needs a drink booth I don't believe that BGW could staff the market place during F&W even if it were in shape to operate.
I think this is part of the reason why Marco Polo is closed. Marco Polo is one of the most, if not the most, staff heavy restaurants in the park. So if they were going to close any dining location to allocate staff elsewhere, it would make sense to close Marco Polo.

I think this is part of the reason why Marco Polo is closed. Marco Polo is one of the most, if not the most, staff heavy restaurants in the park. So if they were going to close any dining location to allocate staff elsewhere, it would make sense to close Marco Polo.
That is exactly the reason.

Reactions: Zachary and Mwe BGW
Knowing them they will just put a tent and enclose the trappers eating area and say that it’s indoor seating
My understanding is there has been talk in the past on enclosing the seating area for Marco Polo year round as sort if an semi indoor location

Reactions: Ziva and Alf33
Current work on the Coke market place. BFW is also supplying coolers of free ice water infront of Roman Freeze not ideal obviously but you have to give them some credit for offering something and staff were doing a good job keeping them full.

Attachments

• 20220602_172741.jpg
    20220602_172741.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • 20220602_172755.jpg
    20220602_172755.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
  • 20220602_172826.jpg
    20220602_172826.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 20220602_172907.jpg
    20220602_172907.jpg