Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Doesn't the tower have 2 elevators? If so, if one goes down do they use the other or is there only 1 available to guest?

@Eric It does indeed have 2 and I recall being up both.

I was also there on the opening night of Haunt and remember taking a trip up for a look at the fair in town so the spooky eyes as a potential safety hazzard is ruled out. That leaves staffing issues or broken down elevators as @Gavin suggested but then again they do have 2 so that makes me question what the odds are of both of them being out of service.

Last edited:
Yep, it’s down for the season. Prep for Winterfest is starting a bit earlier compared to last year.

I have also been told the Tower is closed for Winterfest setup. Also, the frame for Snowflake Lake is already being constructed on top of the fountain pool.

Considering half of the Eiffel Tower Tree wasn’t even complete for opening weekend of Winterfest last year, I think the decision to close the Tower early for extra prep time is a no-brainer.

I have also been told the Tower is closed for Winterfest setup. Also, the frame for Snowflake Lake is already being constructed on top of the fountain pool.

Considering half of the Eiffel Tower Tree wasn’t even complete for opening weekend of Winterfest last year, I think the decision to close the Tower early for extra prep time is a no-brainer.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by my recent trip to Kings Island for the first time two weeks ago. Their tower and fountains were all operational for Haunt and more. Seeing that we can't do the same leaves more to be desired. After all, Kings Island is our sister park. I guess they're just managed very differently and that's unfortunate. ?‍♂️

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just spoiled by my recent trip to Kings Island for the first time two weeks ago. Their tower and fountains were all operational for Haunt and more. Seeing that we can't do the same leaves more to be desired. After all, Kings Island is our sister park. I guess they're just managed very differently and that's unfortunate. ?‍♂️

Not really a fair comparison since KD is open an additional week for Haunt once KI closes, so there’s less turnaround time when the park is closed, and KI has an additional year of experience with preparing for Winterfest over KD. Also, KD’s Eiffel Tower was open earlier in the Haunt season, so who knows if KI’s tower has closed since you visited too.

The longer switchover time required at KD vs KI could also be a result of the huge staffing issues Kings Dominion suffers from. Fewer staff = more time required to switch from Haunt to WinterFest.

Just because we are nominally and historically sister parks, doesn’t mean KD gets the same attention and resources from corporate as KI.
I agree but it's hard not to compare when the two parks are so similar as they are different.

I'm going Sunday, is it open now or are you saying it's opening that day? Either way I'm happy because my girlfriend really wants to do it

I'm going Sunday, is it open now or are you saying it's opening that day? Either way I'm happy because my girlfriend really wants to do it
My understanding is that they been opening it weekends for the last few weeks but I haven't been there on the weekends to confirm

Anyone have any pictures of richmond from the top or the mountains? I remember i saw the mountains on a super clear day years ago.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad