Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Wow. KD has been beating the heck out of BGW in terms of themeing and keeping everything looking good. I'm happy they're taking this time to renovate areas.

The tower appears to have been prepped for paint everywhere I could see. The only thing that appeared to have been painted was the entire observation platform porton at the top and the lower platform close to the ground. They have two "window washer" type platforms in place and the area under the tower is fenced off. The new greenish paint does look great though, same color as before just not faded.

Did anyone else notice how short the brick wall around the tower has become? They must be some pretty thick pavers. The people sitting on it looked kinda funny because there is no comfortable way to put your legs on the ground while sitting on an 8-10 inch wall.

From what I understand, painting finished very recently and they are still installing the new lighting package for Lumina.

As a side note, if the Tower’s new lighting package is like the one Kings Island got last year, that thing is going to look amazing. The package at KI allows individual segments of the tower to light up in all sorts of colors and patterns. Mesmerizing.

Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
Speaking of light packages, the Eiffel Tower will be getting a unique one for the Grand Carnivale!

I’m happy to see that this is happening; it’s kind of like the WinterFest tree lights all year round! Can’t wait!

Speaking of light packages, the Eiffel Tower will be getting a unique one for the Grand Carnivale!

I’m happy to see that this is happening; it’s kind of like the WinterFest tree lights all year round! Can’t wait!

It's actually a fairly smart move because now they could light the Eiffel Tower and keep it open instead of doing what they did last year.

It's actually a fairly smart move because now they could light the Eiffel Tower and keep it open instead of doing what they did last year.

I have a feeling that they're going to try to put those strands back up this season. Those lights were expensive and I doubt they spent all of that money to use them only once.

Reactions: Zachary
Not sure what @b.mac is talking about. The Lumina/Carnivale light package isn’t replacing the Winterfest string lights.

Anyone know what's up with the Eiffel Tower being closed as of late? I've been trying to get up there the past 3 visits in the last 2 weeks and it's been closed each time; even on a busy Saturday! I know it's just an observation tower but it's the icon of the park. Staffing issues maybe? I noticed maintenance working some rides throughout the park. Also, the International Street fountains being turned off for Haunt this season.. Like why?! ?

So they likely closed it off because of the spooky 'eyes' decorations up there being a safety issue, the lack of staffing (yes, maintenance and what also appears to be games and/or janitorial staff working rides during Haunt), and to be honest it's not the most essential ride or experience to actually go do (agree that it's a park icon otherwise).

Edit: ok, so if @Gavin is correct, there's that too. But I've seen it down during the day at this time of the year for several Haunts so unless in recent years they've been opening it up, it was probably not going to be open anyways.

I-Street fountains are likely being prepped for the WinterFest ice rinks, plus even if not this early it probably saves money to not have to divert any maintenance attention towards them away from core rides and Haunt mazes.

Surprised that list didn't also include the log flume...
To be fair I assume if it's warm enough and there's enough staff it opens.

When I went on the 5th, we walked by around noon it was closed, so my brother and I assumed it was closed for the season, but as we passed by after 6 it was open. I assumed it closed after it got dark, walking by again after 8 it was closed again for the evening.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad