Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Since the real tower sits smack in the middle of Paris, the color there has been a bronze/brownish color to blend with the urban area in which it sits. I think of it as the main color for most metal monuments in the city.

My guess is that the park choose the mint/spring green to blend better with the country-side in which Kings Dominion is located. (Though the color saturation has varied with more of a blueish tint in the last couple paint jobs).

I guess if you don't like Kings Dominion's Eiffel Tower, just don't visit it or look at it while there. Course, you are going to get strange looks when you are walking around with your head staring down at the pavement, mumbling to yourself. XP

Reactions: Mushroom
Cool article.

Bad Concepts: Hootin’ Holler and a "Real" Eiffel Tower

http://www.dalebrumfield.net/#!Part-2-Bad-Concepts-Hootin’-Holler-and-a-Real-Eiffel-Tower/c154d/2FA6F91D-FB9F-49F1-96C1-B3D19A526DF4

Reactions: wombat96 and Nicole
fm2WNa4h.jpg

GSaA381h.jpg

Took these on my way home last night.

Especially weird is them lighting up Drop Tower. I assume it has an FAA light at its highest point, so does anyone know why they would light the whole tower?

TrevorBondi said:
Especially weird is them lighting up Drop Tower. I assume it has an FAA light at its highest point, so does anyone know why they would light the whole tower?

Because it is pretty? It is also attention-grabbing, when they are trying to sell season passes.

You have to use the stairs to access the platform. It doesn't seem cost effective to staff the stairs and the platform, when in all likelihood, not very many people would want to climb up there. KD has a consistent problem with finding enough people to staff the attractions they have open, as it is.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad