Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Governor Northam said on Friday that he wants to be able to give a Phase 3 timeline at tomorrow’s briefing, but I don’t know if that’ll include any amusement park opening news. We can only hope!
Oh, yea he might give some insight when they will be allowed to open but who knows how long after that it will take the park to bring on staff and actually open.

whats the chances of it and water country opening for 4th of july then rest of year. i would be tight if my trip is messed up because i dont get my KD BGW WC visits this year

whats the chances of it and water country opening for 4th of july then rest of year. i would be tight if my trip is messed up because i dont get my KD BGW WC visits this year

Very slim now I would think. Phase 3 won't start this week and with hiring for the parks, maintenance and COVID changes to the park its going to be tough to open in time for July 4th.

I wonder if they could be allowed to bring staff back while still in phase 2 to start training so that they could open that much sooner.

The park is certainly big enough to keep social distancing. They just have to keep groups of employees under 50.

Reactions: Mushroom
I wonder if they could take legal action like with CP/KI (Not that they should buy it’s technically an option)

Cedar Fair did it once, they could certainly do it again.

CF sued the state of Ohio because of the state`s inconsistant application of their phased re-opening plans. That is not the case in VA. Plus, every lawsuit concerning the re-opening of establishments due to COVID-19 here have been struck down in VA. You can put that fantasy to rest.

CF sued the state of Ohio because of the state`s inconsistant application of their phased re-opening plans. That is not the case in VA. Plus, every lawsuit concerning the re-opening of establishments due to COVID-19 here have been struck down in VA. You can put that fantasy to rest.
The Tyson’s Corner malls reopened in phase 2 and are pretty comparable in capacity to Kings Dominion. The St James which is a huge indoor recreation center also is reopening as part of phase 2. A strong argument could be made about inconsistency as both of these are indoor spaces where transmission rates are higher and both are more compact for social distancing.

Reactions: michaeelaln
It's not really comparable at all because of the fact that they have been clear about the guidelines. The St James is a fitness center which can be open, with limits on capacity, and additionally according to their website the indoor waterpark is still closed. I don't see how malls are comparable at all to be honest, as it's a collection of businesses. If parks were to open and malls were to stay closed it would be a huge issue.

But the basic thing keeps getting missed is a KD employee is on the panel the governor is using to help direct reopening kinda voids any argument imo of there being and inconsistencies when it comes to when parks are going to reopen.

If you break down BGW or Kings Dominion, they are a collection of different businesses (stores, restaurants, games, shows) and rides. If the state had made re-opening by classes of activities (e.g. outdoor, indoor with social distancing, indoor with close contact such as haircuts) instead of types of businesses, they could be more consistent in application of policy. This way they could apply a single policy to all non-essential businesses so long as they meet capacity, sanitizing, and social distancing requirements. The current EOs are all over the place for different business types and show no consistency from a policy perspective, making it harder to defend individual parts of the EO from challenges.

If you break down BGW or Kings Dominion, they are a collection of different businesses (stores, restaurants, games, shows) and rides. If the state had made re-opening by classes of activities (e.g. outdoor, indoor with social distancing, indoor with close contact such as haircuts) instead of types of businesses, they could be more consistent in application of policy. This way they could apply a single policy to all non-essential businesses so long as they meet capacity, sanitizing, and social distancing requirements. The current EOs are all over the place for different business types and show no consistency from a policy perspective, making it harder to defend individual parts of the EO from challenges.

In your opinion

I agree that the governor's orders seem inconsistent. I would argue (with infectious disease expert opinions to back me up) that gyms, for example, are far less safe than theme parks. There's frequent full-body contact with equipment, less personnel to enforce sanitation and social distancing, tighter spaces, and the entire thing is of course indoors.

I get the sense on here that some people don't like it when Northam's decisions are questioned. I for one think it's totally fair to discuss whether his policies could be better - what politician is actually 100% correct on every action they take?

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad