Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 24, 2009
Well with confirmed cases now on the Peninsula i’m not so sure about BGW opening this weekend.....or next.

Jahrules

Possibly the 1-millionth Pantheon thread viewer.
Advisory Panel
Feb 3, 2019
Reactions: The Quist

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
Mar 16, 2016
So BGW just posted some info to team members mentioning that today is Friday the 13th and that tomorrow is Member Sneak Peek......are they really not calling it? At this point im suprised JCC isnt stepping in.

Call this a gut feeling:
BGW wants JCC to make the call for them so they can say something like “hey our hands are tied, nothing we can do” rather than be proactive and “piss off” members.

There’s also the secondary gut feeling: I haven’t seen anything from KD either and I wonder if it’s a “who blinks first” situation and doesn’t want to be the park to lose something the other one gets.

Brambo

Cyberdyne Systems Software Engineer
Oct 31, 2019
Virginia Beach, VA
www.instagram.com
There’s also the secondary gut feeling: I haven’t seen anything from KD either and I wonder if it’s a “who blinks first” situation and doesn’t want to be the park to lose something the other one gets.

KD doesn't open this weekend though, so I suspect they're gonna wait it out till they see how effective / ineffective all of these closures end up being. I certainly agree BGW should close, but the fact they haven't yet is gonna only make me more upset if they end up doing it with less than 24 hours before I am leaving for there.

Aug 10, 2018
This outbreak is projected to last months. If they close now what rationale do they have to reopen later?

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
So BGW just posted some info to team members mentioning that today is Friday the 13th and that tomorrow is Member Sneak Peek......are they really not calling it? At this point im suprised JCC isnt stepping in.

Presumably there are a lot of SEAS corporate meetings and executive-level conference calls are happening right now where they’re trying to chart a path forward. I wouldn’t put all that much weight on the importance of pre-planned communications coming out of the park early this morning.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2016
KD doesn't open this weekend though, so I suspect they're gonna wait it out till they see how effective / ineffective all of these closures end up being. I certainly agree BGW should close, but the fact they haven't yet is gonna only make me more upset if they end up doing it with less than 24 hours before I am leaving for there.

While that’s certainly a fair enough take, it’s not like a week is going to make a difference for KD. This is going to be a 2-3 week thing to open. So they can make the call now.

I think that BGW doesn’t want to close, commit to a timeline, have KD open in a week or two, and look like they overreacted.

Reactions: Brambo
Oct 10, 2017

it’s a terrible look for BGW that they aren’t closing. Every expert on the subject is telling the public that social distancing is the main way to help stop the spread but BGW is still going to open to thousands of people? It’s a 100% non-essential place and should be closed

Oct 10, 2017
This outbreak is projected to last months. If they close now what rationale do they have to reopen later?
There is no way to stop it right now. They can only support people that have the virus.

shut it down now, give the experts more time to figure out a way to treat it, then re-open.

the bottom line will absolutely take a hit and that sucks...but I PROMISE you if BGW opens this weekend, someone with the virus will come and then it will spread at the park and then it’s on BGW’s shoulders for opening when they very clearly should not have.

Aug 10, 2018
The point is, do you think they should shut down for months on end? This will be the situation every day for a long time.

Mar 16, 2016
Shit if this goes months BGW might be the biggest winner. Just don’t open Pantheon, and Pantheon and P2021 open in the same year! Two record breaking coasters opening together? Never been done!

ok joking over.

Reactions: Rheath

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
The point is, do you think they should shut down for months on end? This will be the situation every day for a long time.

Until we can test on a monumental scale (presumably that happens before a vaccine), yeah, maybe that’s what has to happen.

Reactions: Beachokie

GrandpaD

Curve Flattener.
Aug 3, 2017
Newport News, VA
I think the major folks (Disney, Universal, et al) announced until the end of March and then it'll be "wait and see". As @Zachary stated, until we see wide spread testing, it could be months.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad