COVID-19’s Impacts on BGW

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 30, 2018
I didn't see anything about virtual queues in here. That may be more problematic than worrying about the walkways.

Zachary

𝓡oyal 𝓜ango 𝓒réme Frappuccino Survivor
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
I didn't see anything about virtual queues in here. That may be more problematic than worrying about the walkways.
Actually I really disagree. NOT moving to virtual queues in a park with relatively tight pathways is likely the right choice in my opinion. Every person who is standing in a socially distanced queue is one less guest that the tight pathways need to handle.

Reactions: Joe and warfelg
Nov 30, 2018
Actually I really disagree. NOT moving to virtual queues in a park with relatively tight pathways is likely the right choice in my opinion. Every person who is standing in a socially distanced queue is one less guest that the tight pathways need to handle.
It depends on the ride queue. If the queue is long and meandering enough to support distancing (e.g. Verbolten), then it's not much of an issue. If the queue is compact (e.g. Der Autobahn), the line could spill out to the pathways making that problem worse.

Reactions: Rheath
May 17, 2013
I think this is why SEAS is selling gaiters. That said, we have seen testing on roller coasters with masks. They are already being required in Tampa on rides, so I wouldn’t expect anything different in Virginia.
I'm not worried about masks flying off on coasters so much. I'm thinking more of mach tower and Finnigan's flyers

Reactions: Travis...
Apr 7, 2018
Has anyone noticed the park hours at SeaWorld and BG Tampa? Closed two days during the week. Closing at 6 p.m. most days through Labor Day. Only July 3rd &4th are later closings. San Antonio has later hours on Friday and Saturday so far.

Jun 6, 2013
Has anyone noticed the park hours at SeaWorld and BG Tampa? Closed two days during the week. Closing at 6 p.m. most days through Labor Day. Only July 3rd &4th are later closings. San Antonio has later hours on Friday and Saturday so far.
That's crazy. That will surely cut down on profits.

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, we are already planning on where we want to eat after we leave the parks at night when we are there in a couple weeks. Im figuring they will run like BGW and dining locations will start winding down a hour before park closing.

Nov 30, 2018
Capacity limits may mean that evening hours aren’t worth it. Maybe if they went to time block reservations evenings could work, but I’m not sure how they could logistically do it.

Mar 18, 2017
I thought they closed earlyish anyway, but didn't look at the schedule. I go to parks at night so this is of interest to me.

I heard Six Flags is asking when you're planning to leave.

Checking out BGT's site, they have single day tickets for 50% off, but again I don't know if that's unusual. They want people, I'd say. It also says "Savings Spaces for our Pass Members" ... I think they mean Saving.

Nov 24, 2009
BGT has always closed early, that alone was one of the reasons it never before interested me in going. I thought the idea of a theme park closing before it even gets days in the middle of summer was dumb...after dark is my favorite time in the parks but I guess this summer im stuck with early closings. 9pm closing to me seems reasonable but 6 or 7 is crazy. We already made dining reservations for after we leave Seaworld.

Apr 7, 2018
I thought they closed earlyish anyway, but didn't look at the schedule. I go to parks at night so this is of interest to me.

I heard Six Flags is asking when you're planning to leave.

Checking out BGT's site, they have single day tickets for 50% off, but again I don't know if that's unusual. They want people, I'd say. It also says "Savings Spaces for our Pass Members" ... I think they mean Saving.
In the summer Tampa is usually open later and SeaWorld was usually 10 p.m. in the summer.

AIR

Jul 7, 2017
Employees don't normally park in the England parking lot do they? On my way to work, I noticed about 200ish cars in the England and France parking lots with more coming in.

Reactions: Nicole
Login or Register to Hide This Ad