Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Does anyone know if they still use the theater in Planet Snoopy? I remember seeing KD’s version of All Wheel Sports there in 2015, but since then i don’t remember it being used for much.

I think they have regularly occurring summer shows there... But it's been a long time since I've seen any

Reactions: 92ramsfan
Does anyone know if they still use the theater in Planet Snoopy? I remember seeing KD’s version of All Wheel Sports there in 2015, but since then i don’t remember it being used for much.

The last time they used it for a show was Winterfest 2021 for Tinker’s Toy Factory (which moved to the Kings Dominion Theater this past year, leaving the Peanuts Showplace dark for 2022.) They do still use the theater for special events though. Given KD’s lack of permanent show venues though, I think it’s a shame this theater doesn’t host more (and better) shows.

Reactions: Nicole
Would be nice if they could encapsulate it for HVAC, I think that'd give them more indoor activity flexibility - If I remember, there's a lot of space they could reconfigure for other uses than a theater.

I don’t think the removal of either of those is necessary. They don’t take up a whole bunch of space and the layouts can go over paths.
You actually make a pretty good point, I mainly said that because the theater never gets used and i don’t think that many people are riding Flying Ace

Reactions: Intimidator325
Currently there are 3 - count em - 3 rides about Snoopy's air pilot alter-ego...Flying Ace, Flying Ace Balloon Race, and Snoopy Vs. Red Baron. Speaking of adding to Planet Snoopy, could Road Rally and Turnpike be reaching the end of their service lives? Kids love them but I don't see big lines for them often. That whole space combined could fit a tiny Vekoma family launch coaster or something like that, and they could reuse the old Turnpike station for loading/unloading. It's a shame that those two rides were so easy to operate and places I could just vibe.

Currently there are 3 - count em - 3 rides about Snoopy's air pilot alter-ego...Flying Ace, Flying Ace Balloon Race, and Snoopy Vs. Red Baron. Speaking of adding to Planet Snoopy, could Road Rally and Turnpike be reaching the end of their service lives? Kids love them but I don't see big lines for them often. That whole space combined could fit a tiny Vekoma family launch coaster or something like that, and they could reuse the old Turnpike station for loading/unloading. It's a shame that those two rides were so easy to operate and places I could just vibe.
What if they took out flying ace balloon race, peanuts turnpike, and road rally and put in a family boomerang? they have a pretty small footprint, and would introduce another kiddie coaster to the area

Reactions: Coasternerd
What if they took out flying ace balloon race, peanuts turnpike, and road rally and put in a family boomerang? they have a pretty small footprint, and would introduce another kiddie coaster to the area
Didn't they add Balloon Race almost 10 years ago?

If/whenever kd gets a flat ride package I hope they get a zetta swing. Ik it’s a stretch cause of the whole “it’s a prototype” but it looks really fun. Plus a super air race and a disco boom they’re set.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Last edited:
Reactions: outhikn and Fiender
If It didn't make me sick it would be fun. But capacity seems too low for KD? Then again they built Tumbili and that's been a success.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
So since there is no new news on the park, what does everyone think KDs next major project is gonna be after JX is completed? Me personally I think they should tackle the little bit of old VA that needs a refresh. The theme aspect is already there, and yeah it could use a lil more but it wouldn’t need a complete revamp like JX. add some pavers spruce it up a lil bit get actors and a story line going, And just maybe… put a vekoma hyper in dinosaurs alive and plop two flat rides on top of that go kart track no one really cares about and boom another themed area for the books, a gp magnet that rounds out the collection, and a even skyline👌🏽 and then after that Cag…

I think it’s an interesting question of which area should get the attention next after Jungle X is completed — CAG or Old VA.

I think the formula that made Jungle X so great is that A) It brought incredible new life to a rundown area, and B) That previous area still had good thematic bones and infrastructure.

I think Candy Apple Grove stands to benefit more from a Jungle X style revamp, since it’s now by far the park’s most rundown and disjointed area. Sprucing up the center of CAG would legitimately raise the quality level of the whole park. But unlike Safari Village before it transformed into Jungle X, CAG lacks significant thematic infrastructure and a cohesive aesthetic. Converting CAG into an immersive, story-driven land seems like it would require way more investment and alteration than Jungle X did.

On the other hand, Old Virginia has pretty strong “bones” with the theming, architecture, rides, etc. all more or less already fitting the old country theme. A Jungle X upgrade here could be amazing. Imagine Old VA almost like a mini Knott’s, bustling with little details and experiences everywhere. It’s such a natural evolution of the area. But on the other hand, unlike Safari Village, I wouldn’t say Old VA is really rundown. Sure, it hasn’t received a completely new attraction in literally decades, and sure I’d love for the colonial-style pavers they added in 2019 to extend throughout the whole land, but in general Old VA is a nice, fairly pretty, fairly cohesive country-themed area. It’s not exactly immersive or story-driven, but it’s already nice. As amazing as a Jungle X-style Old VA upgrade would be, does the area really need enough work to justify it?

So I think it’s an interesting discussion to have over which area should be prioritized next. The area that desperately needs help but probably can only be improved so much, or the area that’s already pretty good but could really turn into something incredible?

I think it’s an interesting question of which area should get the attention next after Jungle X is completed — CAG or Old VA.

I think the formula that made Jungle X so great is that A) It brought incredible new life to a rundown area, and B) That previous area still had good thematic bones and infrastructure.

I think Candy Apple Grove stands to benefit more from a Jungle X style revamp, since it’s now by far the park’s most rundown and disjointed area. Sprucing up the center of CAG would legitimately raise the quality level of the whole park. But unlike Safari Village before it transformed into Jungle X, CAG lacks significant thematic infrastructure and a cohesive aesthetic. Converting CAG into an immersive, story-driven land seems like it would require way more investment and alteration than Jungle X did.

On the other hand, Old Virginia has pretty strong “bones” with the theming, architecture, rides, etc. all more or less already fitting the old country theme. A Jungle X upgrade here could be amazing. Imagine Old VA almost like a mini Knott’s, bustling with little details and experiences everywhere. It’s such a natural evolution of the area. But on the other hand, unlike Safari Village, I wouldn’t say Old VA is really rundown. Sure, it hasn’t received a completely new attraction in literally decades, and sure I’d love for the colonial-style pavers they added in 2019 to extend throughout the whole land, but in general Old VA is a nice, fairly pretty, fairly cohesive country-themed area. It’s not exactly immersive or story-driven, but it’s already nice. As amazing as a Jungle X-style Old VA upgrade would be, does the area really need enough work to justify it?

So I think it’s an interesting discussion to have over which area should be prioritized next. The area that desperately needs help but probably can only be improved so much, or the area that’s already pretty good but could really turn into something incredible?
I personally think that CAG should be redone from the ground up before Old VA, as Old VA has SOME theme to hold everything together, versus CAG, which just looks sad.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad