Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
The loading platform is being modified.

As long as Alpen Express is able to charge through Festa Station at speed instead of having to start rolling from a dead stop, presumably it can make it up the hill in Festhaus Park. This will certainly be a sight to behold though...

The loading platform is being modified.

As long as Alpen Express is able to charge through Festa Station at speed instead of having to start rolling from a dead stop, presumably it can make it up the hill in Festhaus Park. This will certainly be a sight to behold though...
That’ll be weird looking at an extended train with different color cars

The little engine that could! Are we sure that the third train won't be used? They've had all of HOS to work on it.

The little engine that could! Are we sure that the third train won't be used? They've had all of HOS to work on it.
If you look closely from InvadR’s lifthill you can tell the front half of the Balmoral Castle’s tender is burned quite badly, the and the cabin area of Balmoral Castle is still covered by a tarp. All of that says no Balmoral Castle for Christmas Town.

Reactions: Zachary
For CT I dont thing the mixing of comors will be that noticable. It will be dark and with all the colors of the various lights around most folks wouldnt notice unless someone mentioned it to them.
Now as far as the capacity of the train, I guess there is really no way of testing the theory of the green trains ability to pull that load until it happens opening night.

Trains are machines of torque, in that they are designed to pull high amounts of load at fairly consistent speeds between different load sizes. Trains of this scale probably go under far more strain with larger loads, but the difference between the standard load and an extra car or two really isn't too big in the grand scheme of things for these engines.

In fact, many times the engines are designed to be able to handle the capacity of it's load as well as the ability to pull another engine around the track, in the event of a breakdown. These engines are far stronger than we think they are, and I believe Zachary was the one to say it, it'll only make it easier for Alpen to complete the circuit not having to stop at Festa, since the majority of strain happens on these engines starting from rest.

BG just announced and updated the website to include single day tickets starting at $20.

https://buschgardens.com/williamsburg/tickets/theme-park-tickets/

It appears that they may doing the "airline" pricing process again his year. Prices are not really higher than last year. After BG announced a "significant" increase back when memberships were introduced, I was expecting much higher prices.

I just got the email in that's for the Flash sale that lasts until the 11th (real quick "Flash" sale there BGW) of the CT tickets for $20. I guess they want to let as many people buy tickets at the cheapest possible price and aggravate us membership holders who paid the higher prices to get CT included. The more I'm hearing about what they are doing (projecting mapping which should be axed for CT, full circuit train ride, these cheap tickets, only running two coasters regardless that I'm not a coaster person) the less excited I'm getting about the event instead of being real excited about it.

Edit: I really hope that the park makes two trains work as only running one would definitely be a disaster. Regardless not being able to use the trains as mode of transportation from one part of the park to another will still suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coasterguy154
FYI the only reason the park is doing one station for the train is likely due to the extra stress on the remaining trains so they don't have to start/stop. Next year they will probably go back to using all stations.

You shouldn't complain about the projection mapping for CMT considering this is the first year they are doing it for CMT, so it could still be pretty good.

They have always only ran one or two coasters. That is literally natures fault. Some machines just can't handle the cold. and hiring staff and scheduling them just to constantly send them home because the coaster cant run is a good way to loose staff quick.

Reactions: MysteryManBGT
You shouldn't complain about the projection mapping for CMT considering this is the first year they are doing it for CMT, so it could still be pretty good.
My complaint isn't how good it is. It could literally be the best projection mapping ever, I personally don't see it as a Busch Gardens thing to do when Wilkommenhaus is a casualty. I am sure most people have a similar beef with it.

FYI the only reason the park is doing one station for the train is likely due to the extra stress on the remaining trains so they don't have to start/stop. Next year they will probably go back to using all stations.

My complaint isn't how good it is. It could literally be the best projection mapping ever, I personally don't see it as a Busch Gardens thing to do when Wilkommenhaus is a casualty. I am sure most people have a similar beef with it.

I personally think the one station is a good idea. For one it makes it feel more like a highlight or signature attraction rathern than jus the train with some lightsas its been for the past few years. It also helps with capacity IMO. If you could get on and off at any station some people would make a couple laps taking up seats. By clearing and loading a whole train it lets more people ride. I know thats a small number of people but it adds up. I was also a fan of the skyride doing a complete loop, I know there were many complaints of long lines but I would rather have one long wait than 3 seperate waits that added up to the same amount of waiting.
Now for the projection mapping, yes my biggest complaint is ruining the look of a very beautiful clock and fountain. The "projection mapping" they did at HOS sucked and I dont expect much more at CT. Just projecting large images on a flat surface is not interesting to me. Now if they did like Disney and projected "lights" on the rooflines and around windows and doors or garland and wreaths being strung up by elves that would be cool but just tossing oversized images of Santa in my book dosent cut it.

Reactions: deacfan31
Using only one station will make the round trip time significantly less, and thus greatly increase capacity for round trips. Also, there will be no need for anyone to bring their strollers with them on the trains, which will also make loading/unloading much faster and easier.

It was probably discussed and I missed it, but I just noticed that Christmastown is no longer opened on Christmas day, but the 24th instead. They have also added January 4 and 5. I also don't recall opening times of 12:00, but they now have them on all Saturdays, plus a few select other days.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad