Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I voted for them & currently still in first place. I love this show, and really miss it, but hopefully with work I can make it up there for a weekend and enjoy one of my BGW favorite shows. I hope they win, they deserve it, Vote Vote

Reactions: BGmom
Just a heads up, we're in the last week of the voting. They don't show the results anymore during the last week of voting, but you can vote every day. They've been in 1st place every time I voted except for once a few weeks ago when they were sitting at 2nd for a day or two.

Reactions: Lord Robert
Celtic Fyre won. BGW press release:

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN – BUSCH GARDENS® WILLIAMSBURG’S CELTIC FYRE® IS NO. 1

Irish Dance Show Takes Top Billing in USA Today’s 10Best Readers' Choice Awards​

WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (June 22, 2018) – For years, Celtic Fyre® has held a special place in the hearts of Busch Gardens® Williamsburg guests with its fabulous music and energetic Irish dances.

Its reputation as one of the top shows in the amusement park industry was confirmed today when it was announced Celtic Fyre received the top vote in USA TODAY 10Best Readers' Choice Award 2018 in the “Best Amusement Park Entertainment” category.

Celtic Fyre out performed an assortment of worthy challengers for the award, which was voted on by the general public. Award candidates were selected by a panel of experts.

“To simply be nominated for this award is fantastic, but winning this honor voted on by consumers is over the top and we couldn’t be more pleased to be the top choice for amusement park entertainment,” said Kevin Lembke, park president at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA. “Celtic Fyre’s talented team deserves all the credit for making this a must-see spectacle at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.”

Busch Gardens Williamsburg was also among the top vote-getters in the “Best Amusement Park” category, finishing seventh. Apollo’s Chariot® received the ninth most votes for “Best Roller Coaster,” and Water Country USA® was eighth in the “Outdoor Water Park” voting.

Celtic Fyre is performed daily throughout the summer in the Abbey Stone Theatre and features authentic Irish choreography, storytelling, singing, music and the magic of Irish dance. Guests will feel they are part of the culture of Ireland, as a storyteller invites them into his inn to witness how the Irish celebrate the many facets of everyday life.

For show times and more information about Celtic Fyre, please visit buschgardens.com/williamsburg/shows.

The best way to enjoy Celtic Fyre and other world-class thrill rides and events all year long is through the Busch Gardens Williamsburg Membership Program. Get unlimited visits to Busch Gardens, Water Country USA®, Howl-O-Scream and Christmas Town™ for as little as $12 per month. Plus, exclusive discounts and monthly Member Rewards valued at over $250. For more information, visit buschgardens.com/joinBGW.

Watched the show saturday and today and the violin player was not at any of the shows. hope she wasn't written out. there also seems to be a number of new dancers over the last couple of weeks. it is not surprising they won the best show award. always a "mighty" show.

Reactions: jornor
A few pictures from the show on Saturday. Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_4801a.JPG
    IMG_4801a.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4824a.JPG
    IMG_4824a.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4830a.JPG
    IMG_4830a.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4838a.JPG
    IMG_4838a.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4839a.JPG
    IMG_4839a.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4841a.JPG
    IMG_4841a.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4845a.JPG
    IMG_4845a.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: jornor and wombat96
I was at the 2pm show and noticed there were four small plastic contaners catching water from the ceiling just as i walked in. i went to the new connected ireland shoppes and there was a bucket catching water from the ceiling in there also. I've been there when it rained alot harder than today. Hope all is ok

My absolute favorite show of all time. And we have been going to this show for years and still see some familiar faces!

Reactions: wombat96
Question. What is it about Celtic Fyre that makes it so successful and appealing? Any other show that is virtually the same since it opened would be drawn and quartered by this forum. Honestly, I hated it the first time I saw it. Since it was such a change from Irish Thunder, which we loved. "What is this American tap dance crap doing here"? However, now I can watch this show all day long, never be bored, and still wipe back a tear during Parting Glass. The American tapping segment has become one of my favorite improv parts of the show. The cast has changed many times, so it isn't just the performance aspect. There is something intrinsic about the show itself.

To start, I think for me it has much to do with Colm O'Foghul's composition and arrangements of the show's music. The dancing, singing, blocking (to some degree), and performers have changed. Though, new performer interaction and tapping changes always help keep it fresh. The constants are the set, script, and music. The set and script certainly are not with me when I'm jamming to the soundtrack cruising to the park. Also, I'd always perk up in the coaster lines when BGW use to play the Celtic Dyne ads and that music came over the speakers. Overall, Celtic Fyre just seems to entail the perfect cocktail of all it's elements.

Question. What is it about Celtic Fyre that makes it so successful and appealing? Any other show that is virtually the same since it opened would be drawn and quartered by this forum. Honestly, I hated it the first time I saw it. Since it was such a change from Irish Thunder, which we loved. "What is this American tap dance crap doing here"? However, now I can watch this show all day long, never be bored, and still wipe back a tear during Parting Glass. The American tapping segment has become one of my favorite improv parts of the show. The cast has changed many times, so it isn't just the performance aspect. There is something intrinsic about the show itself.

To start, I think for me it has much to do with Colm O'Foghul's composition and arrangements of the show's music. The dancing, singing, blocking (to some degree), and performers have changed. Though, new performer interaction and tapping changes always help keep it fresh. The constants are the set, script, and music. The set and script certainly are not with me when I'm jamming to the soundtrack cruising to the park. Also, I'd always perk up in the coaster lines when BGW use to play the Celtic Dyne ads and that music came over the speakers. Overall, Celtic Fyre just seems to entail the perfect cocktail of all it's elements.

Streets of Dublin makes the whole show imo

Reactions: Mushroom and Luke
RE: Celtic Fyre Reviews

I really liked it. They took what was best about Emerald Beat, combined it with bits of Now this is Oktoberfest, and throw in some pieces of Monster Stomp to make a really good show. Good job Busch Gardens. You have a winner on your hands.
That was back in 2010...now it has turned into a 30 minute dance off. I still love the show...but I wish it wasn't so much of a dance off now.......and I miss Colin.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Celtic Fyre is all the elements needed to make a delicious meal of a live show; and I don't think I've seen a show this loved by so many people since This is Oktoberfest! so that's worthy of some kind of medal. Sure I love Irish Thunder more due to nostalgic/part Irish heritage reasons, but Celtic Fyre is my number one favorite show in Busch Gardens Williamsburg for a really good reason.

Anyone happen to know when the last show is this year? I know it's within the next week or two, but was wondering if anyone knew exactly when. My family and I always try to get out and see the last show of the season.

Reactions: Luke
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad