Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
shows are at 11:00, 1:00 and 3:00 that day. Just thought I would mention it so you don't get there too late and miss it! They are usually later in the day on the weekends.

The last show is always super fun!
So they aren’t doing any shoes at 6:00 or 8:00?

So they aren’t doing any shoes at 6:00 or 8:00?
The last few years they have always had as shorten last day sedchuled I don't know if its true or not but someone told me it was to allow the cast which is close some time for a wrap party and goodbyes on their last day.

The last few years they have always had as shorten last day sedchuled I don't know if its true or not but someone told me it was to allow the cast which is close some time for a wrap party and goodbyes on their last day.
Oh ok, I understand that

Was there a sign anywhere that said the show would be returning next season like they have done in the past? I didn't see the final showing this year, but I saw it twice the day before. I would love to know what special thing they did.

Reactions: VikingvadR
The park website says this show will be back in 2019. The performers are always great, the dancing is spectacular. But I think its beyond time for a new playlist and format for this show.

I personally grit my teeth through the 2 bar songs. They are corny and do nothing to showcase the vocalists talents. As good as this show is, it definitely is not flawless and could be improved.

Last edited:
They at corny and do nothing to showcase the vocalists talents.
I think that is the point, your standard Irish pub isn't going to have every person be an outstanding singer, so it makes sense to have those pub jams as well as the occasional deeper number to make it more musically inclined. I think it is a good balance where it is, and making it all be talent-focused would kind of remove from the atmosphere of just jamming for half of it.

I personally grit my teeth through the 2 bar songs. They at corny and do nothing to showcase the vocalists talents. As good as this show is, it definitely is not flawless and could be improved.

I do think it's a non-sequitur into it, and might be better off getting them before the 'wedding proceedings' but they are good fun songs that are meant to be a break from all the dancing.

The pub segment is the most authentic (other than no dancing whilst singing) Irish cultural part of the show. Irish pub jam sessions are frequent and popular in Ireland. Usually more of a musical jam than tons of singing. Any visit to an Irish pub in the states, on a musical night, will give you these sort of pub tunes. You will not see anyone break into Riverdance style tapping.

I do enjoy seeing both, though. I would not remove Wild Rover nor Finnegans Wake, but I can see those in a pub. The tapping takes a trip to Raglan Road, or a tour of Rockin' Road to Dublin, Riverdance, etc. I think the show as a whole does a good job of presenting the Irish spirit.

I assume the ballad is the tune when bride dances? That tune is from the "Celtic Woman" show that tours the county. This is what she is singing.
Celtic Woman - The Voice

The Voice is actually one of the vocal highlights of the show. They have had some outstanding vocalists sing that song over the seasons. However, its the only time in the show that vocalist gets to showcase their talent.

This show seems to get a lot of the same performers year to year. The dancers probably like that they can stay in one place during the spring and summer season, versus traveling with Riverdance, etc on the road. However, I would think the performers would want some new material as well after a few seasons.

Busch seems to keep their shows past their expiration date. It's another cost cutting measure of theirs because new shows cost $ to produce, outfit and create sets. The other theme parks have aa opposite approach. They seem to change their shows every year. I have seen some amazing shows at Hershey that they only let run one season, when they could have gotten more out mileage out of them. Cedar Fair seems to let their cirque shows run a couple of seasons, but their choreographed shows change about every year. They have had some great shows that could have repeated as well. Somewhere there is a happy medium. I am thinking a show should run about 5 years max, with some kind of major change to it (new song etc) every other year at least.

I didn't see Celtic Fyre in the beginning, but since I have seen it, its the same exact show every year with the exception of a few tweaks here and there. The same music, the same choreography. Same same same. I would think they would at least change out some songs from season to season to freshen it up.

As CF approaches it's 10th year. Rumors, as they all are, say next year or two could truly be the last year. I would rather it go out on top than fail terribly someway. That being said, whatever follows better damn well be up to par. What that replacement looks like, and how successful it is, might be their biggest problem/fear. i.e. I liked Rockin' Road to Dublin. Some of the same ideas, performers, and humor...but lacking the "spark" and "heart" that CF has.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad