Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I believe the guy playing it now may be newer to the role, as he seems a bit less comfortable with it and the pre show has not been occurring. Not to seme negative about the guy currently playing the role, because honestly he kills it and his voice is fantastic. Once he gets a bit more comfortable with the role and just lets it all loose he will be possibly my favorite so far. The power behind some of the portions he sings is just awesome, since some of the past inn keepers haven't had the best vocal capabilities.

But on the subject of no pre show, wow does it make a difference. I never quite cared about the pre show and sometimes even thought it was a bit silly and tacky, but seeing the show without it is a wild difference. Cold opening on streets of Dublin makes the show feel a bit serious, a bit slow. It takes 5-10 minutes for the crowd to get into it and feel like it's a party. That pre show did wonders to tell the crowd exactly what the tone of this show should be. Again not a knock on the current actor I saw, just assume it's too soon for him to bust out there with a one man comedy routine which I totally get, just hope it comes back in some capacity. Hell, let each actor have their spin on it. Making it less of a scripted experience could be more fun.

I believe the guy playing it now may be newer to the role, as he seems a bit less comfortable with it and the pre show has not been occurring. Not to seme negative about the guy currently playing the role, because honestly he kills it and his voice is fantastic. Once he gets a bit more comfortable with the role and just lets it all loose he will be possibly my favorite so far. The power behind some of the portions he sings is just awesome, since some of the past inn keepers haven't had the best vocal capabilities.

But on the subject of no pre show, wow does it make a difference. I never quite cared about the pre show and sometimes even thought it was a bit silly and tacky, but seeing the show without it is a wild difference. Cold opening on streets of Dublin makes the show feel a bit serious, a bit slow. It takes 5-10 minutes for the crowd to get into it and feel like it's a party. That pre show did wonders to tell the crowd exactly what the tone of this show should be. Again not a knock on the current actor I saw, just assume it's too soon for him to bust out there with a one man comedy routine which I totally get, just hope it comes back in some capacity. Hell, let each actor have their spin on it. Making it less of a scripted experience could be more fun.
In all fairness to the current actor my information is that the change was very sudden and abrupt so he did really get much chance to rehears and prepare.

In all fairness to the current actor my information is that the change was very sudden and abrupt so he did really get much chance to rehears and prepare.
Yeah like I said not being critical of him whatsoever he is doing great considering the cards I assume he was dealt, so I am super looking forward to when he has had the reasonable amount of time under his belt to step in and take on that role.

I saw a fantastic show in Richmond last night called Celtic Throne Celtic Throne . This show is primarily composed of performers under the age of 18. They are an amazing cast and talent. The byline is "The Royal Journey of Irish Dance" . If BG ever thought of replacing Celtic Fyre, they should reach out to the creators of Celtic Throne. The show and/or components could be adapted to the Abby Stone. This show would be a worthy replacement. Celtic Throne performs next in Norfolk on Wednesday (June 14).

Reactions: Zachary
Does anyone know when the last day is for celtic fyre? The web calander Friday morning had no dates after the 20th. I remember it usually ended Labor day weekend.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Two years ago, I was able to reserve the wooden tables in front of Celtic Fyre (for a fee). Specifically the wooden tables and not just general “reserved seating.” I don’t see that option available anymore. Does anyone know how you can reserve the wooden tables? It was amazing to do so and would
Love to do that again for an upcoming trip.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Here you go! Tours | Busch Gardens Williamsburg

“Celtic Fyre Insider” is what you’re looking for. It’s $24.99 and includes those special tables and a meet and greet after.

Thank you so much! I saw the Insider included reserved seating but wasn’t aware it was the wooden tables. But might end up doing that bc it’s such a great experience!

A host asked my group in the regular seating one time if we wanted to sit there on a slow day for free. It was awesome. It really changed the show for me.
It really does change the atmosphere. It feels like you’re part of the show!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ilovelambs We asked nicely once if we could sit there. The attendant from the entrance allowed us to wait off to the side to see if any reserved seating showed up. Just before the show started she gave us the all clear to sit at the tables. It really made our night. Can't say that you could bank on that at all, but it could be possible!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad