Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
The park’s response today:
View attachment 26470
I wish I could say I am surprised but I am not. I kinda expect that the outcome will be legal says no because of IP rights which is honestly probably 100% correct. I personally don't get why someone in their Social Media department didn't think about the feasibility of it before responding especially with such a low number that it was hit in only a few hours.

Ice

↑%
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
DC Area
Rights to cover songs are extremely similar to the rights needed to perform these songs in live performances as it is. It gets fuzzy in royalties being required so BGW will probably just chose not to do it to avoid the financial ordeal, but legally there are very few hurdles blocking them from doing this. It could even come down to the difference between a studio recording and simply audio recording a stage performance, since one is a studio cover and the other is a theatrical performance. Considering it takes SOME effort to come to an agreement on top of the agreement already obtained, I highly doubt they will actually do this. This was someone running a twitter page who replied for the sake of replying.

Though they could easily record their multitude of Irish drinking songs since I imagine all of those land in the public domain, not necessarily having traceable roots. Technically may even be an original arrangement.

ControlsEE

I probably should be working...
Oct 2, 2018
Honestly, if they were to release a CF album, they would make a killing.... they would also most likely have to get additional contracts with their singers to record them

Jan 12, 2022
Rights to cover songs are extremely similar to the rights needed to perform these songs in live performances as it is. It gets fuzzy in royalties being required so BGW will probably just chose not to do it to avoid the financial ordeal, but legally there are very few hurdles blocking them from doing this. It could even come down to the difference between a studio recording and simply audio recording a stage performance, since one is a studio cover and the other is a theatrical performance. Considering it takes SOME effort to come to an agreement on top of the agreement already obtained, I highly doubt they will actually do this. This was someone running a twitter page who replied for the sake of replying.

Though they could easily record their multitude of Irish drinking songs since I imagine all of those land in the public domain, not necessarily having traceable roots. Technically may even be an original arrangement.
Yeah, I'm not a lawyer, but I am a professional musician, and my take is:
  • As I64 mentioned, it's more complicated with a song from a musical. If they wanted to cover a song from an album, say, "I'm Gonna Be" (500 Miles), the process is simple enough. But "The compulsory licensing process only exists for “nondramatic musical works” and does not apply to “dramatic musical works”, which is music created for incorporation and performance in dramatic performances such as an opera or theater musical. A separate license from the copyright owner of the recording or the composition is needed in those cases."
  • And yeah, there's nothing stopping them from making an album of traditional, public-domain Irish music and not even messing with any licenses or fees. I wonder whether they could make a parody of "The Streets of Dublin," Weird-Al style? Hm...
  • But yeah, as a musician, if a mic is running, I've signed something saying I'm cool with it, and preferably get a small extra $$ on top of whatever I normally would for the show or rehearsal. (They could get into whether it's a one-time fee or a percentage of royalties—I've never been in anything important enough for the latter, but it seems like the fair thing in this case to me.)

Dec 7, 2021
Is there anyone who wishes that they would rotate Celtic Fyre, Irish Thunder, and Emerald Beat through every few years? I kinda would like to because I’ve never seen the other 2 in person. Just an idea I had. Plus, it puts something different in there every few years without them having to do a huge amount of work. Just change the set and have the cast learn the show for a few seasons, then rotate to the next show.
They appear to still have the scripts and such, as segments were used in Celtic Celebration a couple years back.

Shower thought on my last viewing, does anyone else feel like that bride and groom were super demanding of their bridal party? I mean sheesh “alright guys we’re gonna do an extremely elaborate step dancing routine after we’re married, the brides 2 American friends are coming and they apparently also know irish step dancing like really good and we just have to be better than them at it or the wedding is ruined.”

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Shower thought on my last viewing, does anyone else feel like that bride and groom were super demanding of their bridal party? I mean sheesh “alright guys we’re gonna do an extremely elaborate step dancing routine after we’re married, the brides 2 American friends are coming and they apparently also know irish step dancing like really good and we just have to be better than them at it or the wedding is ruined.”
No honestly I usually get the feeling of a bunch of drunk friends trying to one up each other.

Fur Dozy

Mayor of Busch Gardens Tampillsburg
Nov 5, 2009
the Americans are supposed to be tap dancing, or has that changed?

Yeah I admit I watch the show entirely for entertainment, it's fantastic and I was just imagining a scenario where a bride and groom would demand something so intense from their bridal party. I wouldn't be shocked if something that elaborate has happened before.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
May 13, 2021

Goes to show that you can find a Bride O'Zilla anywhere in the world.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad