Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Given that the train decals are likely just painted on, I find it likely they probably just haven’t finished them. As far as I’m aware the train bodies are still the ones it got for its 40th.
They are still the same bodies from the 40th. My understanding is that they needed to get testing going so installed the first train without waiting for the decals and then will move it in to the maintenance bays to install the decals.

Hard to get photos, but a car from the Loch Ness train has been added to the cabin by the lift hill. It has bite marks taken out of it.

Two trains were testing today, one had the new decal on the front train.
My dad has been wanting the bite marks for so long so he’s gonna shit his pants when he finds out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Coasternerd
This is really exciting. I love that they matched the shed to the style of the original buildings in and around the extended queue. They even carried over the “Loch Ness Expeditions” branding from the original queue. Love it.

I haven't been to BGW since I was a young adult (don't ask - it was a long time ago). I remember liking Lochness Monster, but in recent years I can't say I'm a fan of most Arrow OTSR coasters. The one exception is Tennessee Tornado at Dollywood. But otherwise they tend to have janky transitions, slamming my neck into the restraint. Is LNM more like Tennessee Tornado or more like Anaconda? I want to keep my expectations in check if needed, when I ride it this year. Planning a long overdue trip.

I haven't been to BGW since I was a young adult (don't ask - it was a long time ago). I remember liking Lochness Monster, but in recent years I can't say I'm a fan of most Arrow OTSR coasters. The one exception is Tennessee Tornado at Dollywood. But otherwise they tend to have janky transitions, slamming my neck into the restraint. Is LNM more like Tennessee Tornado or more like Anaconda? I want to keep my expectations in check if needed, when I ride it this year. Planning a long overdue trip.
Def towards Tennessee tornado!

For the most part, Nessie is one of the smoother Arrow loopers I’ve ridden. It has a few bumpy parts, like the exit from both loops, the turn over Land of the Dragons, and the lurch out of the tunnel into the second lift. But, all of those sections were improved substantially with the new trains in 2018, and I have a feeling that the new track will have those sections feeling smoother than ever.

Worth noting that the 2018 trains provide way more room and are just all around more comfortable than the original Arrow trains too.

Plus, as a pro-tip, always try to sit in the center car of the train on an Arrow looper if you want to the smoothest ride. Arrow loopers were reportedly designed with the center of gravity in the middle of the train, so sitting in the middle car minimizes a lot of the bouncing, especially on the inversions.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad