Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
They just stealthily implemented an automatic renewal for paid in full passes (without notification) a month or so ago. Aside from the super angry people I've spoken to who have suddenly been charged hundreds of dollars out of the blue, the only reason I know about it is because they added a single line of text to the membership descriptions on the website.

It's basically just an all-out scam at this point. Hopefully enough people get charge backs via their credit card companies to make SEAS change.
Small correction is that this policy has been in place for about a year now. This was hidden in the fine print a year ago I'm fairly sure, and now it's come to roost.

Small correction is that this policy has been in place for about a year now. This was hidden in the fine print a year ago I'm fairly sure, and now it's come to roost.
It was in the fine print in November of 2021 for sure. I recall wondering how they would possibly bill me, even though I had opted out of them saving my card info when paying in full. When we renewed in 2022 for the Black Friday sale, they mentioned that I was set up to automatically renew, and I would have to cancel that membership first. I asked how they planned on billing a card they shouldn't have on file, and they said that they weren't sure how, but that it would charge to the same method of payment as my original transaction.

They just stealthily implemented an automatic renewal for paid in full passes (without notification) a month or so ago. Aside from the super angry people I've spoken to who have suddenly been charged hundreds of dollars out of the blue, the only reason I know about it is because they added a single line of text to the membership descriptions on It was in the fine print in November of 2021 for sure. I recall wondering how they would possibly bill me, even though I had opted out of them saving my card info when paying in full. When we renewed in 2022 for the Black Friday sale, they mentioned that I was set up to automatically renew, and I would have to cancel that membership first. I asked how they planned on billing a card they shouldn't have on file, and they said that they weren't sure how, but that it would charge to the same method of payment as my original transaction.

They told me it is not possible for them to remove my payment method. So I guess my credit card info is just there until my card expires?

At this point I really don't think buying a pass is wise when the company is being so shitty at every turn, but if you must, using a privacy.com payment method is probably the way to go.

I’ve gotten a KD pass over BGW because of the horror stories I’ve heard with BGW passes. And it’s a better value.

Not sure where to put this. I got an email survey today asking me if I planned to visit Christmas Town this year. WHAT??!!

I didn't think things could get any worse. I think they just did!

• Haha
Reactions: Alf33 and Mwe BGW
Well, I experienced a really brilliant membership perk a couple of days ago ... had to call the park because the website wasn't showing the update options that should have been there, per the email I received, re: updating my cc information.

Initially, I was irritated that the 800 number now directs you to call local park numbers. But my irritation melted away when I called and learned there is a dedicated menu option for platinum members --- and the line was answered with no wait! That truly felt like a meaningful perk! Bonus was the staff person grasped my issue immediately and helped me simply update my card info. Dunno how long you've had to call a local number, or how long platinum members have had their own menu option, but the latter was super nice and felt like "special" reward.

Looking forward later today to my first visit in several years !

I don't think it's an either-or dichotomy, really. Not "no service" vs. "excellent service", but rather an array of options. Same concept as having a different entrance for passmembers (back when that was a thing), or a members-only lounge, if BGW had one, and which I would love. It's not like there'd be no food, drink, or places to sit without a members-only area, just that such a place would be an extra level of service, or increased availability of service, which anyone could choose to pay for.

Had a great time at Mardi Gras, by the way. The Jazz show in the Festhaus was excellent. Wolves were putting on a show in the valley (howling, playing), they had Clydesdales out for pix throughout the day. Alpie, Apollo, Vbolt, train, and flats were running; crowd extremely light. Mardi Gras food we tried was great, but the food lines were PAINFULLY slow.

Last edited:
Anyone else get this notification (even if they’re not a member) from the BGW app? 1128366F-0B24-47D0-BDC8-EA4E96376427.png
Weird, considering they’re not even open today……..

Just received and replied to a SeaWorld email survey about why I no longer had a membership. The survey was quite in depth as to the questions they asked, which were mostly about why I no longer had a membership, what I didn't like, did like, what I'd like to see improved. They listed a lot of choices for most questions and an "other" answer with a text insertion area for your comments. I truthfully answered and said I hated the auto-renewal of the membership even though I pay for it in full, thought the park experience has declined, said food quality has dropped, food and merchandise prices were too high, too many places closed and some employees that were not that friendly, park cleanliness. They also asked what I would like to see improved like food, prices, benefits, more rides, shows and other entertainment, concerts, fireworks, light shows. So they seemed like wanted to know both what was bad and what was good and how to fix or improve the bad. I just hope that they use the info they get to implement positive changes.

I plan on purchasing my membership around the end of this month. I wanted to defer it as the renewal was in December and I was already spending enough money during the holidays and I knew I was going to be out of commission for a while early this year due to hernia repair (second time) surgery that I'm recovering from now. So I'm anxious to see the park and the changes they are currently happening thanks to all of the posts about this stuff here.

My wife and I are both teachers and we wanted to go to the park twice this week over out spring break. I have a premier membership and we were hoping to use the guess passes to get her in. I know I should have looked at the fine print when buying the membership, but it was very annoying to be told that my 4 guest passes have to be spread out over the course of the year.

Why do they partition these guest passes out? We wanted to go to the park today and were willing to spend our money while there.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Simple. Park can advertise 2 free tickets but also make you visit 2 separate times throughout the year.

Reactions: Zachary
I think spreading it out also helps with capacity. When that structure was set up, the park was still trying to find ways to even out the crowd levels. They also introduced dynamic ticket pricing, block-out dates, and other mechanisms to deter people of heavy days and encourage visits on lighter days.

Ugh. This morning the BOGO promo ended and was replaced with a generic spring sale. No signs of a DarKoaster opening date.

Feels like the date is slipping. 🙁
At least the Platinum memberships are on sale again at 20% off (plus $20 Busch bucks). I need to cancel/renew my wife and son’s memberships since their EZPay went to the current non-discounted price last month.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Stumbled upon this and don't know if anyone else has seen it. I wonder if this will have any effect on their auto renewal of the memberships if this is enacted.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad