Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Visit 5/4 - 5/7 to get a voucher for a DarKoaster drawstring bag that you can redeem 5/19 - 6/18…🤦‍♂️
Curious. Why is this a facepalm? About 2 weeks to get them made, 1 month to redeem them, get the voucher now so they know how many they would need. This is an improvement from them under-ordering bags and running out.

I doubt their intent is to only make free ones, they will probably put them for sale and you can get one for free. If they run out of stock and are unable to continue giving out free bags, they don't care. They would rather sell them.

The main reason for the delay is just to get you to come back into the park again. Every time someone walks through the gate it is sales potential and boosts their attendance numbers.

I could be totally wrong about them selling the bags, but I would be shocked if their intent is just "only make enough to give out free ones, we don't want to put any of these cheaply made bags for sale for $20 or to include in a bundle if people spend $50 on merch".

I doubt their intent is to only make free ones, they will probably put them for sale and you can get one for free. If they run out of stock and are unable to continue giving out free bags, they don't care. They would rather sell them.

The main reason for the delay is just to get you to come back into the park again. Every time someone walks through the gate it is sales potential and boosts their attendance numbers.

I could be totally wrong about them selling the bags, but I would be shocked if their intent is just "only make enough to give out free ones, we don't want to put any of these cheaply made bags for sale for $20 or to include in a bundle if people spend $50 on merch".
This will inform them of what the order size should look like. If 1500 people get vouchers, they might do a 2000 order planning on having extras and selling them. Yes there's always some part of marketing things like this to get you to come back into them, but it's also about being able to make an informed order and not getting stuck with more than they want.

That timeline is really tight. This would mean BG is delivering a final count to the printer on 5/8 and getting them delivered at the latest on 5/18, so they can have them ready for rope drop on 5/19? That’s only 9 business days for the printer, which is not much and could mean paying a hefty fee to make it a rush. Is that something BG would likely pay for?

Really people? With the opening date of DarKoaster, they anticipate the weekend of the 4th - 7th to be dead. Making people go out to get a voucher is just a way to get bodies in the park to hopefully spend some money. This isn't that hard to figure out.
If it were really that simple, the park could just give people their bags on the weekend of the 4th - 7th while they’re already there…

It’s a way to get people there in a dead period and by not giving them directly away means they can bank on people forgetting.

I honestly respect the hussle. I'd be pretty bitter if every member reward involved all those hoops, but I'm not mad at a few times a year for something as inconsequential as a shitty drawstring bag.

Last edited:
Which is exactly the point. BGW knows it’s shit, we know it’s shit, the process to get it is kinda shitty. Makes it so they can “give away” something that with the sum of the effort to get it is completely worthless.

Reactions: Mamunia
I still fail to see what the issue is. Based on comments around here most members go regularly anyways. Is it because there’s steps to follow? The windows? It’s not like it’s show up on this day only for the voucher and come back this day.

If I’m not mistaken this is basically come for members preview weekend get a free bag for actual opening month.

Lastly, other issues aside, this is a smart business decision and one of the first in a while from BGW. They get good numbers on how many they need to give away, can allocate some to sell, and get people to come in twice in a 6 week span.

And yes, if BGW set up production time ahead with a minimum order they can fluctuate their order and get everything in time in 9 business days. I’ve personally done that plenty of times.

I still fail to see what the issue is. Based on comments around here most members go regularly anyways. Is it because there’s steps to follow? The windows? It’s not like it’s show up on this day only for the voucher and come back this day.

If I’m not mistaken this is basically come for members preview weekend get a free bag for actual opening month.

Lastly, other issues aside, this is a smart business decision and one of the first in a while from BGW. They get good numbers on how many they need to give away, can allocate some to sell, and get people to come in twice in a 6 week span.

And yes, if BGW set up production time ahead with a minimum order they can fluctuate their order and get everything in time in 9 business days. I’ve personally done that plenty of times.
The Darkoaster member exclusive preview weekend is the following weekend which is why it struck me as odd; why not have them available for that event, like the pins and cupcakes they had for Pantheon's member event? They're making members come for Cinco de Mayo weekend which guarantees that they will have longer lines for watered down margaritas

I honestly respect the hussle. I'd be pretty bitter if every member reward involved all those hoops, but I'm not mad at a few times a year for something as inconsequential as a shitty drawstring bag.
It may be a "shitty" bags to us, but many homeless shelters and programs request these types of bags to use for the homeless.
I often get these types of bags and then donate them.

The Darkoaster member exclusive preview weekend is the following weekend which is why it struck me as odd; why not have them available for that event, like the pins and cupcakes they had for Pantheon's member event? They're making members come for Cinco de Mayo weekend which guarantees that they will have longer lines for watered down margaritas
Or they anticipate Cinco being busy and it’s a reward for coming out.

Maybe they still have something available for the DarKoaster event they just aren’t announcing it. At the same time I feel the unique positioning of Pantheon made that easier for them to do because of the new path for it.

I'm likely late to the party. We completed our year commit in April. I didn't notice the price difference in May but I did for June. So they just increased all the passes on members doing EZPay? Confused the hell out of me when I was doing my budget. I thought I was going mad because I couldn't find the missing money.

I'm likely late to the party. We completed our year commit in April. I didn't notice the price difference in May but I did for June. So they just increased all the passes on members doing EZPay? Confused the hell out of me when I was doing my budget. I thought I was going mad because I couldn't find the missing money.
Did you purchase during a promotional period? Is so that sales price likely expired I just checked and there was no increase in mine.

Reactions: Zachary
Yes, for many of the promotional sales over the last 2 years they are somehow coded so that that the promo price is only good for 12 months then it goes to the now current price. I have one family member on the Black Friday promo cycle and 2 on the spring promo cycle.

Reactions: Zachary
So apparently if you want those new visit rewards you have to print out from the kiosk a ticket and hold on to each one from the visits and then turn them over to guests services for your rewards. Could they male this any harder or more inconvenient if they tried?

Reactions: mikes
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad