Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I've ridden BfE like 5 times, EITA, I rode like once when i visited the park for the first time in 2016. So im not aware what that building has been used for.

@Whovian757 13: Your Numbers Up, Unearthed: Scarletts Revenge, and Killarney Diner are the 3 houses that have been housed there with 13 having the longest tenure.

Attraction wise there was Questor, King Arthur’s Challenge, Corkscrew Hill, Europe In The Air, and Battle For Eire.
Interesting, thanks for that history lesson. If I may ask, seems like that building doesn't do well. Why? Ireland is a great area of the park and obviously one of the most visited areas of the park as its one of the closest to the entrance.

Reactions: Coasternerd
I wouldn’t assume that the building doesn’t do well, simply because there has been turnover.

HOS mazes change fairly regularly to prevent the event from getting stale. In fact, I think many would argue that the houses aren’t replaced often enough.

The dark rides in that hamlet have been very technology-driven. It makes sense to update and replace old simulator attractions to keep pace with advancements and the area’s theme. That isn’t to say that everything in that building has been popular or successful. But some replacements not have been a result of low ridership.

I wouldn’t assume that the building doesn’t do well, simply because there has been turnover.

HOS mazes change fairly regularly to prevent the event from getting stale. In fact, I think many would argue that the houses aren’t replaced often enough.

The dark rides in that hamlet have been very technology-driven. It makes sense to update and replace old simulator attractions to keep pace with advancements and the area’s theme. That isn’t to say that everything in that building has been popular or successful. But some replacements not have been a result of low ridership.
Understanding and that makes sense. Change is good.

Reactions: Nicole
Yeah, that sure looks like a deathblow to me. 😕
If that really is the end of it, how would they replace it? You think they'd just gut it for future endeavors like they did for DK or do you think something is lined up in the foreseeable future?

If that really is the end of it, how would they replace it? You think they'd just gut it for future endeavors like they did for DK or do you think something is lined up in the foreseeable future?

I don't know of any Killarney sim building project in development right now. My expectation is that the space will be left under the control of Entertainment for the foreseeable future.

I don't know of any Killarney sim building project in development right now. My expectation is that the space will be left under the control of Entertainment for the foreseeable future.
What is the usable square footage of that building. Is it destined to always be a sim/show?

What is the usable square footage of that building. Is it destined to always be a sim/show?

The building is unique in that there a large pits below the platform for the mechanics of the simulator. It's not like DarKastle which was a flat concrete slab with a rail fastened to it. The building is definitely designed for what it was built for. I think some creativity could make a pretty neat ride in there if not a simulator.

The pits alongside some extra ramp construction would allow for a multi-level walkthrough thing... Though what would be interesting is if they figured out how to produce a multi-level Sally shooter in that space.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad