Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Oct 7, 2011
Ahh... back in the good old days when people weren't offended by everything...
Absolutely, man.

What is the world coming to when a wealthy child of relative privilege from Ontario can’t take that big step up from TV and Hollywood to darken himself with makeup, put on a sing-songy accent, dress a bit too much like Aladdin’s monkey, preen about like a scheming Middle Eastern con man caricature, and lead park visitors through a litany of cheap cultural stereotypes at a park that recently called itself The Dark Continent?

They should have brought Martin Short to the Williamsburg simulator too, for a retheme as Murphy O’Vagrant’s Irish Traveller Caravan Brawl. But the world is terrible now and that can’t happen.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
It could be that they plan to close it but not till they have another indoor attraction ready and someone jumped the gun on removing it. I mean the size of the event space building seems to scream that DK may be open for redevelopment soon. I wouldn't rule out Eire running a last season in 2022 with a new indoor attraction opening in 2023.

Ice

↑%
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Baltimore, MD
It is so weird to me how they bothered to relist the attraction as temporarily closed yet completely buried the ride's webpage and even had it redirect to the main rides list. Maybe the temp closed tile is to save face if anyone is confused as to why there is a building there, but this ride definitely looks done for to me. Nothing has changed.

Mar 17, 2020
It is so weird to me how they bothered to relist the attraction as temporarily closed yet completely buried the ride's webpage and even had it redirect to the main rides list. Maybe the temp closed tile is to save face if anyone is confused as to why there is a building there, but this ride definitely looks done for to me. Nothing has changed.
Does the park still have signage in place? If so, perhaps they are waiting until the signage comes down to take the ride off the web.

RollyCoaster

Silver Donor
Jul 31, 2016
Was I really a failure though? Personally, I love the ride. I think that it was built at a time when VR was really big across the industry. I often experienced long lines for it too.

I can come up with other rides at the park, including it’s predecessor, that I would consider to be bigger failures.

Ice

↑%
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Baltimore, MD
DF was a design failure for a company that was supposed to know what they were doing when it came to coasters, BfE was just never meant to be any more than it was planned. The VR quality is trash honestly, the story is bad, and the immersivity is low. I honestly felt more immersed in EITA because at least it wasn't a very obvious cartoon. Hell even CSH was using a realism-based art style, BfE is so deliberately kid-show esque.

BfE wasn't a failure in that someone didn't deliver what they were asked to deliver like in DF, it was more an issue of the creative direction of this ride from the getgo. The poor choices made paired with average execution just resulted in a very forgettable attraction. Guess whichever is the bigger failure depends on which you feel is the bigger grievance for a park supposedly dedicated to quality.

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
I liked EitA but I never liked BfE.
6nF6.gif

Aug 5, 2019
Since Killarney Diner is in the BfE building, does that pretty much set BfE's fate??? I think since Killarney Diner is a huge hit this year for Howl-O-Scream, that it will pretty much stay empty until Howl-O-Scream every year until the house dies off.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad