Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
I believe the shell of the building is in the 11,000 square foot range, although I wonder if it would be possible to combine the BfE building and the old Castle O’Sullivan into one space.

View attachment 25640

It's always possible presuming the way they may have built a firewall and/or load-bearing supports aren't in a position to where it'd be more effective to demolish and rebuild.

However - having seen the idea been done several times, it's quite possible they could retain the facades but demolish the buildings to make way for either a much larger/better organized building for an attraction/restaurant or to do another launch coaster.

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
Question is if the RPA buffer applies to the adjacent waterway? I'd suspect not based on FF construction, but I'm not an expert
Yes. RPA buffers apply to all water edges and water ways. I did some reading on the RPA buffer for FF and the reason they were so easily able to do what they did is the platform acts as erosion control and much of what they removed was in a flood plain anyways.

The long story short with RPA’s is the vegetation is able to filter out pollutants to a waterway before they get there. The quick idea is to think of a cow pasture. If the cows can bath, poop, etc in a water way, the water is contaminated. But if vegetation is along there, as it rains and those thing wash towards the water, the plant life will take the nutrients it needs helping keep the water clean. (FYI if you are ever hiking an need to drink stream water get as far upstream as possible!)

What might help BGW is all it’s water ways flow into the Rhine, which isn’t connected topographically to any outside (rivers) water source, so ground filtration may help them in “getting away” with exposing more waterfront without too much environmental damage.

I would be able to share more if I got more looks at hydrology and environmental studies of the BGW property.

Thomas

Never Sane to Begin With
Silver Donor
Oct 24, 2009
New Orleans, LA
I don't think this is working the way you all want it to... Clearly, Zachary is cursed and any ride we try to make him marathon ends up dying. We can use this to our advantage by assigning him rides to marathon that we want removed.

I'm going to go ahead and suggest Roman Rapids. 😬

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
I don't think this is working the way you all want it to... Clearly, Zachary is cursed and any ride we try to make him marathon ends up dying. We can use this to our advantage by assigning him rides to marathon that we want removed.

Are we limiting this to BGW rides because give your theory Mind Eraser at SFA definitely should be on the list

Coasternerd

What’s better than one coaster? 2 coasters!
Dec 7, 2021

I’ve heard that Roman rapids is supposed to return at some point this year… whether or not it does is another story.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Should we read anything into BFE reappearing on BGW's website ride list?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220126-222248_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220126-222248_Chrome.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Coasternerd

Coasternerd

What’s better than one coaster? 2 coasters!
Dec 7, 2021
Should we read anything into BFE reappearing on BGW's website ride list?
Maybe, maybe not? I wonder if they may attempt to keep it running just as to have an indoor attraction until DarKoaster comes around.

DuelingGwazi03

Gwazi was better than El Toro
Apr 3, 2018
Ugh. I knew when I saw this on Twitter that it was going to start a bunch of rumors.

This isn't new at all—it has been there for many, many, many months. It's just BGW saving face until they make an official announcement.

That account is the WDWNT of SEA Twitter, but seems like someone is paying attention to it as a lot they point out has been fixed

Reactions: c.timber17

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Ugh.

The "evidence" seems to be this image posted by Instagram user colonial_coasters:

Image 21.jpg

All the image shows is the 70% off BfE merch sale @Travis... highlighted and BGWFans subsequently reported on weeks ago. There appears to be zero available evidence to suggest that any ride props or theming have been put up for sale and, given BGW's past patterns of behavior, there's no reason to believe such a thing would happen either. As BGWFans has reported since May of last year, the future does not look bright at all for Battle for Eire. That said, BGW still officially lists the attraction as Temporarily Closed and, until actual evidence emerges saying otherwise, it's super irresponsible to say Battle for Eire "has permanently closed."

Login or Register to Hide This Ad