Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
It really is a beautiful piece. Each hamlet should have something like it as an anchor. I wonder who the park commissioned to sculpt it, and if any other scenic pieces were done by the same people.

Reactions: ElsaManta and Luke
We heard the Invaders, the new "house band" in Aquitaine, today.  Zachary will post a picture of the performance later.  For now, here is the stage, while they were setting up.

Today they were scheduled to perform 4:30, 6:00, 7:30, and 9:00.

I hope they figure out the sound levels quickly; we could barely hear the vocals at the 4:30 show.

[Instagram=https://www.instagram.com/p/BWDg7S_BP-Z/]

The park's ongoing path-widening project continues in Aquitaine this season with the hamlet's railroad crossing. It has been expanded by roughly 33% towards the First Aid station/Royal Palace Theatre.

And, in what may be some of the best "minor upgrades" news of this season, roof tile replacement is happening all throughout Aquitaine this off-season! Expect the new changes to reflect the alterations made to La Belle Maison's roof a few seasons ago (copper downspouts and all!).

Lastly, the wood on Griffon's bridge is being replaced too.

Zachary tends to be very careful about what pictures he posts, because his top priority is protecting his sources.

Reactions: warfelg
Nicole said:
Zachary tends to be very careful about what pictures he posts, because his top priority is protecting his sources.

And good for him. Those employees job security is more important than us knowing every detail with the park (no matter how much some might disagree).

Reactions: Nicole
The culinary pavillion/tent/thing located in front of Aquitaine's restrooms was removed and replaced this off-season. The new culinary building looks like it will be a far more permanent addition to the hamlet.

Site Plan:

It's worth noting that there's a good chance that this is actually a new Coke Market. This line was added to BGW's site recently:

France Coke Market - Turkey legs, pretzels, churros and drinks

Cafe Lulu was closed pretty much all of last year already. I don't recall ever seeing it open past spring break. I wouldn't be holding my breath that it will be back. I am curious as to how this effects F&W though as they would be losing a kiosk. Maybe Cafe Lulu will be converted to a F&W location like The old pigs in a kilt stand is.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad