Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
This discussion is a practice in textbook hubris. It is impossible for anyone to rank a coaster without having ridden it. It's fair to make guesses, but definitive statements about how an unannounced coaster that hasn't really even gone vertical yet will rank are absolutely insane.
That’s fair but I think that these posts sum up the anticipation for mmxx from the users pretty well, which is nice to see for future reference

Reactions: Logang and Zachary
This discussion is a practice in textbook hubris. It is impossible for anyone to rank a coaster without having ridden it. It's fair to make guesses, but definitive statements about how an unannounced coaster that hasn't really even gone vertical yet will rank are absolutely insane.
Apollo's Chariot is better than Grover's Alpine Express.
I've never ridden Grover's Alpine Express. ?

This past Thursday I rode Apollo's about 4 times back to back, and every time I noticed a deer quietly munching on some grass within one of the fenced off sections surrounding the bottom of the airtime hills, right after the helix in the drop down before the MCBR. That deer was there every single time I rode, and each time, it lazily looked up at the cart zooming by before ducking down to eat more grass. It gave zero fucks whatsoever that this roaring train filled with screaming passengers was coming by every few minutes, and seemed to consider this deafeningly loud passing as another mundane fact of this earth, like the rising of the sun or the existence of gravity

Valid point. However, playing devil's advocate, I think coaster manufacturer, elements, nostalgia, etc. can play a role.

Many know I'm a B&M fan. Apollo's is a masterpiece IMHO and my favorite in the park (or any park), even above the soft spot I have for Nessie. Along with Nessie, my favorites in the park are the three B&Ms. (And if I compiled a top 10 for all parks, they'd all be B&Ms, other than Nessie).

In contrast, I have mixed feelings about Intamin, am not a fan of shuttle coasters, and really dislike spikes...though top hats are Ok and many of MMXX's (expected) other elements do look cool. I'm very much looking forward to MMXX and am not going to pre-judge whether or not it is a good ride or how much I'll like it.

But I do find it next to impossible that it would take Apollo's place, and I highly expect that, as good as MMXX may end up being, I will stack rank it below the B&Ms & Nessie. I'm keeping an open mind, but that Apollo's is better than MMXX will be, and that my top four won't change, is pretty definitive to me. The race for favorite #5 is wide open though; fair game to compete with InvadR, Bolt, Tempasta, and Grover. Can't tell you where it will fall in that group yet...

Last edited:
Reactions: Drachenwolf
I feel like people forget how forceful kiddie coasters are. Just because they're for a younger audience doesn't make them any less good. Grover's is an amazing little coaster.

Anyways don't shit on kids coasters they're good coasters, and are just as important and good as big kid coasters.

Everytime I go to KD, Woodstock Express is always the first or second thing I do.

Are you even a true coaster enthusiast? The first drop of Grover into the helix rivals I-305 with the lethal positive forces pinning riders to the seat.
Perhaps I AM missing something (in the Grover-coaster).

In any case I wasn't putting down Grover's Alpine Express. I am praising Apollo's Chariot...
and the huge dump it takes on most roller coasters.
?

I think I'm gonna end up liking Apollo more than anything the park adds for a while coaster-wise as well for many factors if not for the grip nostalgia has on my brain alone. B&M hypers are just a special experience to me, and Apollo hits good on the money as far as they go. I feel comfortable saying I'll like Apollo the most even after MMXX as we know it in our current knowledge. Of course I can't be 100% certain, I know what ride experiences I enjoy, and the sensations provided by B&M hypers rarely overlap with Intamin launches.

Of course I don't say this as a definitive statement, more my opinion rooted in prediction.

Last edited:
Apollo is good not because of the layout or forces, but because of its terrain usage and scenary imo. It is a pretty week hyper, but it is beautiful.

Actually, I'd like to think the best parts are the all the airtime hills with the turnaround as an honorable mention. What other hypers I've ridden (not that many more, I'm afraid) don't come close.

The track that glides just over the water have always been my favorite parts.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad