Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Off topic I know, but I never knew Griffon had lift music and I've been on it many times since opening year. Anyone got a link to it somewhere?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source Its the music that plays in this video.

I read that they put in water cannons to keep the geese away but I saw nothing on the river cruise. Did they turn those off?

Also did anything become of that family that sued due to injuries from the emergency stop? And I’m assuming it was from extreme braking. Couldn’t B&M program it to be less forceful when braking for emergency stop?

Also I noticed this ride consistently gives me headaches. I’m not going to stop riding but will probably have to limit myself to one ride. Doesn’t happen with Intimidator at Carowinds (although Fury
gives me a headache)

Reactions: Mwe BGW
To answer my own question, looks like Seaworld settled with the family

But I'm not going to pay for pacer to get the details. Was curious if they made any changes to the ride system. I'm guessing not
Youu realize there is a reason that it's called an EMERGENCY stop
Similar to smashing the brakes in your car

Youu realize there is a reason that it's called an EMERGENCY stop
Similar to smashing the brakes in your car
Yeah but they would have to weigh the risks of giving riders concussions/injuries vs hitting someone in the brake run. It could still stop the coaster, but stop them at the next block as it normally would, with normal braking... thus causing no injuries to anyone on the ride. Let's say the difference is it stops 5 feet later.

Yeah but they would have to weigh the risks of giving riders concussions/injuries vs hitting someone in the brake run. It could still stop the coaster, but stop them at the next block as it normally would, with normal braking... thus causing no injuries to anyone on the ride. Let's say the difference is it stops 5 feet later.
Like I said EMERGENCY is the key word here

Hopefully they at least put a cover over the emergency stop switch so it can't be accidentally triggered.
I've operated a few rides. All E-Stops I've seen were completely uncovered because they're supposed to be unobstructed. Ride safety signs outside of ride entrances should properly describe the risks to guests and tell which health conditions could be aggravated by any given ride.
My opinion on the Apollo's Chariot situation is and always will be that everyone involved should be glad that the train stopped even though the button was pressed at the wrong time.

The rides I operated always had a cover...at least a metal top where you had to reach under it. But it was at a different park. Every park is different with the risks I guess. It's also interesting to me that Hershey Parks and Cedar Fair parks have seat belts and BGW doesn't

I'd argue that BGW guests feel safe without the seatbelts, so I think it is chicken and egg situation. If the park installs the seatbelts is sends the message that they serve a purpose. If they don't people don't even necessarily think to wonder why there aren't any. In other words, adding unnecessary seatbelts may create the belief that they make riders safer.

I have always assumed that at a minimum the lawyers will ensure the parks do what they need to do to keep guests safe. If the engineering and physics don't require seatbelts, then I am comfortable without them.

Seatbelts are like comfort collars, except they also mange to restrict how many people can fit on rides.

Yeah like if they only go to BGW it's fine but if they go to different parks then they may question why they aren't there. Like my wife was wondering why Intimidator, Fury 325, Candymonium, etc. had seat belts and Apollo's Chariot did not

Reactions: Dogface
Right. Other parks have created the false impression that they are needed. That is my point.

Also, I went to KD and BGW for years and never thought that it was a problem that BGW didn't have seatbelts. Rather, I thought it was annoying that KD did.

Regardless, this thread has gone way off topic.

This is true, BGW will rarely ever run 3 trains at the same time ever again. Same is true for Alpengiest. The 3rd Train is a parts train.
Oh ok, I thought they'd already disassembled the third train and turned it into parts.
Off topic for this thread, but do you know if Nessie is the same? Someone mentioned that nessie has 3 trains, but I thought when they ordered new ones a few years ago they only ordered 2.

An extensive discussion of Nessies two new trains can be found starting with this post:

Last edited by a moderator:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad