Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I can confirm both of these points. In fact the park is having some additional animals bright in just for this event. I hear something might be coming back to Royal palace and a few things are in their way from BGT.
So how long will this event be? Because to me it looks like the "animal event" could only run for a week or 2 depending if BGW Extends Christmas Celebration to the 18 and depending on if BGW continues to start there events on Thursday (making the Mardi gras event start on ether the 4th or 11th)

Reactions: Le Moose
So how long will this event be? Because to me it looks like the "animal event" could only run for a week or 2 depending if BGW Extends Christmas Celebration to the 18 and depending on if BGW continues to start there events on Thursday (making the Mardi gras event start on ether the 4th or 11th)
The 10th will be the last day of CC. That's why the fun cards are effective beginning January 15th. Expect 2-3 weekends of the animal event before Mardi Gras. Then expect that to go through the entirety of February. There will be no weekends closed in between.

You'll be ok. Just wear a big oversized avant-garde coat to keep you warm! ?

View attachment 21848
PS - You might have trouble fitting on Grover's with this! ?
May I suggest a penguin coat?

Wholesale Adorable Penguin Hooded Jacket 19103124 - kis

If this is even moderately successful I think it paves the way forward for future seasons when you could greatly increase indoor entertainment. Especially with unique shows. It also could redirect focus to more indoor attractions like dark rides. All depends on how well recieved this is. I love the idea of showing off more of their wonderful animals. If only they would leave some here!

I was going to ask if we might see the penguins again? CT has never been the same without them! Both BGT and SWO have great penguin encounters, so it seems feasible?

Honestly, the one thing BGW could have come up with to lure me to the park in January was animals. I feel so manipulated!

Also, if you are like me and you want to support the Zoology Department actively (because they continue to absorb cuts), I strongly recommend enthusiastic participation in this special event. I plan to visit as often as I can.

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, but I just saw Screamscape posted SeaWorld San Antonio announced year round ops with wild days in January and Mardi Gras in February. I'm guessing ours will be the same.

I thought I had posted it earlier, but I would expect to see something similar to what SWSA has for events.

This is very interesting since the sun just finished its twelve year cycle. The last four years being the warmest, and the next four years being the coldest. It’s jus science though. (It will be COLD the next 4 years!)

I've been thinking about the sections that will be open, and I'm having a tough time. Ireland probably needs to close as it's the only real section that's been open for all. Finnegan's may need maintenance. I'm sure most would love the Italy side open, which you could do if you did the animals in the Italy theater instead of Royal Palace. Oktoberfest needs to be open for spaced indoor dining and verbolten. They could work around France and Ireland closed in January, but France needs to be open for Mardi Gras.

I've been thinking about the sections that will be open, and I'm having a tough time. Ireland probably needs to close as it's the only real section that's been open for all. Finnegan's may need maintenance. I'm sure most would love the Italy side open, which you could do if you did the animals in the Italy theater instead of Royal Palace. Oktoberfest needs to be open for spaced indoor dining and verbolten. They could work around France and Ireland closed in January, but France needs to be open for Mardi Gras.
I think for Mardi Gras they should have Italy open.

They’re going to want Grogan’s either way, so I don’t think “closing Ireland” is likely. ”Closing Finnegan’s” is more probable, for one of the events.

I can confirm both of these points. In fact the park is having some additional animals bright in just for this event. I hear something might be coming back to Royal palace and a few things are in their way from BGT.
Is there any chance that we could see something brought in from Columbus or did the partnership there end when Jack scaled back and then retired?

Is there any chance that we could see something brought in from Columbus or did the partnership there end when Jack scaled back and then retired?
No idea. I just have been told that they have animals coming in, I just assumed they were all from BGT because that makes sense but I guess some could be from elsewhere.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad