Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Yeah, like I noted, not a huge fan of the Maus...but if custom (maybe spinning, fewer of those)...and when compared to 2021 and Tempesto...

As I've noted somewhere else...the park has a large gap in the middle-family range....so I think flats are overall the most practical and needed. Personally, I would love to see Sea Dragon return. And maybe a dark shooter attraction. And of course, always an opportunity for the return of the dark Catapult.

They're simply too expensive to build and run for the American market, compared to the returns they generate. Six Flags was supposedly very underwhelmed by the response to the extremely expensive justice league fleet.

Personally I think Curse of DarKastle left a MASSIVE hole in the parks lineup. It's maddening to me to imagine a great theme park like BGW has no legit dark ride at all especially when they once had something you don't find outside of Orlando.
BGW does have one. It's called Battle for Eire.
They're simply too expensive to build and run for the American market, compared to the returns they generate. Six Flags was supposedly very underwhelmed by the response to the extremely expensive justice league fleet.
I don't think that's accurate at all. Parks build them and they are popular. The problem is that the technology can get outdated quickly and they seem to hit the point where the ridership no longer justifies the ride being open after a short time period. There are parks inside the US that have recently built or are building dark rides.

Last edited:

Yeah I think dark ride success is largely built around having an IP with a major youth segment. I feel there is a large segment of the population that feels dark rides are 'tame" or 'junior' attractions and end up largely supported by a younger demographic than their more extreme roller coaster cousins.

The trick is to find an IP that fits this description that will have some staying power and isn't already owned by Universal/the mouse. AND also doesn't go too far outside a park's theme/feel.

Which is why darks outside have had to find gimmicks such as interactive laser tag games to have longetivity.

Maybe BGW can build a 'Jojo Siwa's super glitter sparkle bow ride".

You know we'd probably see something from Sesame Street in there before SEAS invests in any other IPs - though honestly they could probably have done something with the wildlife of the black forest for cheap.

I don't see there being a dark ride option for the FP space unless it's basically a permanent version of a Pretzel dark ride.

Reactions: BenWilkerson
The problem is that the technology can get outdated quickly and they seem to hit the point where the ridership no longer justifies the ride being open. There are parks inside the US that have recently built or are building dark rides.
This. I think that's the big issue; between subject matter/IP and more importantly technology, guest expectations/interests shift too rapidly. You need something that's more or less timeless and preferably where you don't have to license the characters. Much easier to do that as the Mouse or Universal, especially if you can tie it into the marketing budget of a franchise. But that doesn't preclude the park building dark rides, just maybe they need to adjust their approach.

Which is why I say something like a shooter. The park maybe would be wise to look to Hershey--definitely use their own IP, but more like BGW's situation than say the Mouse's, I would say. BGW could use something like Reese's Xtreme Cup/Cupfusion, or an indoor low-end coaster like Laff Trakk, etc. Or the indoor Catapult!

These should be relatively cheap, and can hopefully be more "ride" than "attraction" enough to avoid the pitfalls mentioned above. Plus, dark rides like these are often in that middle age range, and can be opened for colder weather seasonal events to pull more people into the park.

CoDK was more like the first scenario, and maybe why the park felt it needs to refresh it to keep the rider numbers up. (And I think they'll simply refresh the story with the same ride system, like BfE, but that's another thread....)

There is a "dark" Sesame Street dark ride in Europe. I find it highly doubtful they'd invest in a new building in FP and I'd really question placing it in the former DarKastle because it just doesn't "fit" the area.

There are some "turnkey" dark rides out there for franchising such as Popcorn Revenge. But, I would think any dark ride would be in the DarKastle building.

As I've stated (and others seem to agree) the park and FP especially, is ripe for some flats; especially some somewhat docile additions.

Reactions: SukaUniFl
I'm sure I've said this before, but what if the area was turned into a Russian-themed hamlet? I imagine more of the area around FP could be utilized for more path/shops/rides to make a hamlet with an accessible size similar to that of Festa Italia. There could also be a train station themed to the Trans-Siberian Railway (the actual railway, not the music group (except I guess during Christmas Town)).

Here's my rough guess of the approximate area that'd be accessible to guests (colored in green), with the rough approximation of where the roller coaster layout will be located being outlined:
My idea of where a Russia-themed section in BGW would be.png
Sure, it'd be another dead-end hamlet, but it's at least smthg. Hell, it might even open more doors to further expansion. I do think that Verbolten would have to be hidden behind more trees and stuff, tho

Last edited:
Reactions: tursiops
Trans-Siberian Railway.
Hamlet music confirmed.

I guess if Festa Italia can play classical disco, a Russia hamlet can stage a neoclassical prog-arena rock synth opera. The new Christmas show will be beyond belief. Laser budget for miles.

Just don’t trust the Facebook ads that light up your phone on the way out.

• Haha
Reactions: Nicole
The funny thing is, they already play Russian classical disco in Festa Italia (cause it’s sounds circusy).

Check out the link- By Mikhail Glínka-
Overture to Ruslan and Ludmilla.
Great tune actually. We played it in high school.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oooh! A Stravinsky’s Firebird! What badass beautiful music there. If you’ve never heard it, it’s a ballet, but don’t get turned off if your not into that yet. Firebird is like the progressive metal of the early 1900’s. It’s aggressive, musical, heavy at times, beautiful and eerie at others. The link is the Firebird Suite- An orchestral Best-of collection. If they couldn’t model a rollercoaster to fit the music!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ugh! No! I hated dancing to Stravinsky! It is so discordant that is sucks the life force out of you. Prokofiev was awful, too.

Russia has an incredible history, interesting architecture, unique language, influential arts and is underappreciated in western countries because of the often adversarial position we are in with them. I posted a few years back how I'd love to see Russia, but how tough it would be to pull off because of politics.

It could be done, but I think a Scandinavian country would be more likely if there was any new countries placed in FP.

Maybe even a replica of the Norwegian Lady?

Reactions: tursiops
Not the correct place for this perhaps, but another theme that I personally think would be awesome would be Spain during the time of the Moors. This would maybe be too complicated to explain (sell to a public that doesn't know about it), but you would be able to feature Spanish culture and bring in a diverse perspective with the African/ Islamic influences. The park features countries at different times in their history, so it's feasible, it would just be hard to make people understand why it isn't the Spain we know today.

All a moot point since a new hamlet is now less likely than ever, I just think it could be fascinating and educational.

Reactions: Merboy
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad