Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Verbolten

Back on THE VERBOLTEN THREAD... I saw the work for the first time today... Looks really fun... Can't wait

Took the boat ride yesterday and you can clearly see the the drop section and tons of ride supports through the trees. Looks like they are moving pretty fast.

Verbolten looks amazing based on my visit yesterday, it is truly coming along quickly. I'm glad the the banked curves are pretty tight in diameter since this ride barely tops 50MPH, or else it would be a bit underwhelming in the dark with large, less banked bends.

A few onlookers at Der Autobahn, including the friend I was with, believe that the indoor section will just be a pitch black segment like Nessie with no themeing because "that building is way too small to have any themeing," and when I attempted to correct, I was given looks of disbelief and "whatevers." :rolleyes:

Anyone else notice that a lot of people lean up against the Verbolten sign against the dust wall waiting for their kids, watch Mach Tower, eating pretzels, or texting, completely blocking the teaser sign so the new construction goes unnoticed? :-/

There are 6 segments (Block Brakes) in the distance

1 Block Brake for the SFX building (first Launch)
2 Block Brake inside the building
3 Block Brake inside the building
4 Block Brake after the Vertical Drop
5 Block Brake for the Bridge (before the Train makes the Drop over the Water)
6 Block Brake for the Stadtion

Thats mean 5 trains can on the track.

^ Actually, by my count, there are either 9 or 11 block segments (not sure whether or not the launches will also act as blocks).

1. Right outside the station
2. First launch (Maybe)
3. In the building
4. Before the drop track
5. Drop track
6. Second launch (Maybe)
7. Bridge
8. Final brakes (#1)
9. Final brakes (#2)
10. Station (#1)
11. Station (#2)

The final brakes, the station, and the block at the beginning could hold all 5 trains if the need arose.

@Swiftman

Why do you think say need 9 or 11 Block Segments when you(Busch Gardens) have only 5 Trains?

The Train starts from the station,then the left&right turn STOP! 1 Brake with the launch.
The Train goes inside the building with the speed of the launch then cames Brake 2 after the Helix.
The Train will be stopp before it goes to the vertical Drop. Brake 3!

Vertical Drop

The train goes to the second Launch (Brake 4).
The Launch will give the speed to the Bridge. Before the Train goes to the Drop Brake5
The Track over the see after the left turn the last brake 6 comes.

"This is what i think" ;-)

Stacking, that's why. The Lochness Monster (another coaster at BGW) has only 3 trains, but it has 7 block sections (1st lift, brake on drop before first loop, brake run before the lift, 2nd lift, 2 sections outside the station, and the station itself). Having more sections means that they can keep trains moving, without having to worry about trains sitting waiting for the next section to clear.

^ Exactly. With a darkride coaster like Verbolten, one extended wait on a block brake in that building could completely ruin the darkride portion of the ride.

There is defiantly a bock right outside the station, two in the station, and two on the final brake run. They can all be seen with trains sitting on them in one of the pictures we posted. Also, the vertical drop is technically a block, isn't it?

6 Block Brakes!

The 2 Launches = 2 Brakes.
But i think the train will not stop when it goes to the first launch!
The "Speed" from the station and then "BAM" the Speed from the Launch or the train will be stop,when something is wrong.

The German Guy said:
But i think the train will not stop when it goes to the first launch!

I agree. I can not see it stopping. That would defeat a major purpose of the magnetic launch.

For example the train goes outside the station, one people will be sick then you can stop the train only after the launch?

The Launchstation have a brake-function.(only it will be needed)
When everything is fine,the launch will get the train to the higher speed-lever.

(I hope you can understand what i mean)

Swiftman said:
^ Exactly. With a darkride coaster like Verbolten, one extended wait on a block brake in that building could completely ruin the darkride portion of the ride.

There is defiantly a bock right outside the station, two in the station, and two on the final brake run. They can all be seen with trains sitting on them in one of the pictures we posted. Also, the vertical drop is technically a block, isn't it?
This.

Two blocks for the station to accompany dual loading. The final brakes have two blocks--safety and ready brakes to hold trains in stacking and I'd assume there will probably be a transfer block. That's five block sections alone right at the station. I can only assume that that the section between the station and first launch will have a set of block brakes that will only activate to stop an advancing train if the launch block isn't cleared (i.e. rollback). Also, you want more than enough block sections to hold the trains closer together for maintenance or ride evacuation reasons. For example, if a train is failing to dispatch from the station causing a shutdown, you'd want to stack the trains to have as many trains as possible near the station to expedite the evac process if needed.

Off-Topic

Space Mountain in Disneyland Paris has also a block brake "inside",when you have bad luck,you will be stay there.

In my opionen it will (i hope so) never comes that a train will/must stop in the Brake inside the Building after the helix,but when.....bad!But nothing else.

Must stop by the brake 3 before the train will goes to the vertical drop!

@thegermanguy

Have you ever played roller coaster tycoon and made a coaster with 6 blocks and five trains? Each train will get to the end of the block then stop, then the next one, then the next one, and so forth. That would mean a lot of stopping on the ride... Although, Verbolten doesn't look all that long, but the ride time is supposed to be 3 minutes and 25 seconds... I hope this doesn't turn into griffon where half the ride is waiting outside the station!

New Verbolten Plans

News has been slow lately so I have a question for you, do you think a 5859x3866 picture is too big? I hope not, because I have two of them. Here's the [REDACTED] and here's the [REDACTED]. You know what? I'm feeling nice. Have a [REDACTED] too.

And if you want to know what they are...
First: Track Height
Second: Track Layout
Third: First Launch

EDIT: B-Mac posted a few things he noticed about the plans here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad