Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I think this ride caused a knot in my quad from the excessive amount of times I've ridden it already this season. This is what happens when the ride doesn't let you on for three years because you eat too much Chipotle. Also ouch not cool Timbers, definitely made other rides slightly less enjoyable this weekend.

Just want to report that KD was a boilerfest this past Saturday (21st), but those temps must have put a fire in Timbers because it was running violently fast. I’ve had some crazy rides on it before, but riding it in the back yesterday around 6, the train literally looked like it was running like a video being played at 1.75x. It just didn’t look real which was awesome because we were riding it when it looked that way.

What a ride!

Last edited:
Just want to report that KD was a boilerfest this past Saturday (21st), but those temps must have put a fire in Timbers because it was running violently fast. I’ve had some crazy rides on it before, but riding it in the back yesterday around 6, the train literally looked like it was running like a video being played at 1.75x. It just didn’t look real which was awesome because we were riding it when it looked that way.

What a ride!
Did you get stapled? If so that had to hurt. Last time I rode I wasn’t stapled and had the most glorious twisted Timbers ride I’ve ever had.

^^^^
I got two rides in yesterday evening. First was up front and yes, guy somewhat stapled me in. Still got some good ejector though.

About 15 minutes later, got seated in the back and had a different and older gentlemen assist in my seating and he gave me all sorts of space and sent us. He was the guy on the mic welcoming riders back in the station from their lap on the layout. That was my magic ride I described up top.

The ride was a station wait, ironically (not use to TT being the fast ops ride because i305 was a grind yesterday evening which in my past experience is typically the reverse...).

Tried to get a third ride in after that magic ride knowing it was a station wait but it went offline. That’s when I moved on to 305. I swear I got a mixture of ejector and hang time at the same time which I don’t know I’ve ever felt, or at least to that level, on that second ride during the barrel drop. My magic seat is back right.

Heading back to the park in a few hours before we have to drive back to Raleigh this evening. We will be back.

Last edited:
I rode this once tonight and it was running crazy fast… but to me this wasn’t an improvement. I don’t understand why people complain about Skyrush for hurting your thighs, yet don’t complain about TT for the same thing. It really hurt tonight throughout. The only part that didn’t hurt was the first drop. I did not want to ride again. I think I’m starting actively dislike it. It’s the only RMC I-box I’ve been on. I don’t know how others compare, but if they are also like this, bring back Hurler, etc.

Reactions: warfelg
They are not, maybe Steel Vengeance but the others don’t have the insane onslaught of airtime hills that Timbers does. At least of the 6 hybrids I’ve done. Iron Gwazi definitely doesn’t. I was at the park today as well it was definitely running fast later in the day, especially the green train. I have no idea why but that train just screams through the layout.

I rode this once tonight and it was running crazy fast… but to me this wasn’t an improvement. I don’t understand why people complain about Skyrush for hurting your thighs, yet don’t complain about TT for the same thing. It really hurt tonight throughout. The only part that didn’t hurt was the first drop. I did not want to ride again. I think I’m starting actively dislike it. It’s the only RMC I-box I’ve been on. I don’t know how others compare, but if they are also like this, bring back Hurler, etc.
When it runs too fast it does push past the limit to a rather uncomfortable space. I’d almost wonder if they could control the lift speed a little to counteract the speed gains from the heat being too great.

It was running wild Saturday, pretty crazy. Bucking bronco style, thighs and neck feeling the effects.

Easier to reride than Iron Gwazi though, for sure.

Easier to reride than Iron Gwazi though, for sure.

Now we have conflicting info about Iron Gwazi. CoasterAuditor above said Iron Gwazi isn't like this. Maybe it depends on when you ride. For me, I think I'll limit it to riding early season in cool temps, and during winterfest if they should grace us with it being open again. Then it will run slower, which to me is a lot better for this ride. I have really enjoyed it when it wasn't trying to kill my thighs throughout. It was still aggressive, just not egregiously so.

I definitely think Iron Gwazi is easier to re-ride than Timbers. The elements are all refined and more drawn out. There are 2 wave turns which don't seem to cause me any issue on the thighs. I just never found the "blasting up into the bar" excessive in my 6 Gwazi rides back in May. Timbers is just literally 7 straight hills with the cutback in the middle and they're all very violent especially when the ride is running a lot faster. I mean I certainly love it though.

I may have hit Gwazi on a particularly fast day (it was hot-hot), but it was a physically very demanding ride. Different from TT because the bank-and-yank elements are indeed spaced farther apart, but they also are taken at higher speeds, and are larger in scale and longer in per-element duration than TT’s pops. The Gwazi hill elements with outside banking or negative Gs in particular were just flat-out painful. Too much sustained blood rush to the head, and even more stressful on the neck than TT’s rapid fire tosses.

Had Gwazi been a click or two slower, I think it would have been great for rerides. Probably sublime. As it ran on that day in early June though, it left me feeling like my head and neck were trailing 10 feet behind the train most of the time, Looney Tunes style.

To level set, I didn’t have any real problems at all with TT even though it was flying last weekend, and Skyrush has never been anything but a great time for me. So I don’t know what Gwazi’s deal was, but it was nuts.

It really is interesting that we have reached the point of rides where even die hard thoosies are saying the airtime is too strong. Not saying RMC will become as maligned as Arrow, but I do wonder where the industry will go and how all these new Uber intense rides will look in 20-30 years.

I genuinely wonder after experiencing the Texas RMCs where things would have gone it they kept using the gerstlauer trains. I mean they were running trains with shin guards missing on some seats. Those lap bars are way more comfortable than the current design.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Double quoting for efficient post.

Maybe the RMC lap bars just kinda suck sometimes?
That’s a good point. I do actually really hate what the lower leg restraint does, pushing my feet backward so they have no leverage against the floor of the car when the ride action lurches forward and backward along with its ups and downs. My feet are size 15 and by the time the lap bar is down far enough to satisfy the ops, my feet are really squished back and uncomfortable. I can easily reach forward and grab the fiberglass back of the seat in front of me if I’m in the second row of a car, which helps. But it’s not a great way to ride. There’s no other useful way to create a lever arm as the ride works to pivot my upper body around the top of the lap bar. Annoying.

It really is interesting that we have reached the point of rides where even die hard thoosies are saying the airtime is too strong. Not saying RMC will become as maligned as Arrow, but I do wonder where the industry will go and how all these new Uber intense rides will look in 20-30 years.
It reminds me a bit of the hop mania in beer, where even some long-term microbrew/craft chasers have been saying brewers are often just pushing it too far to be enjoyable, because the hop intensity so greatly outpaces other aspects of the brew.

Of course others disagree about which brewers are doing this, or whether any are at all. A familiar discussion.

It will be interesting long term when the tracks start getting slightly out of spec just from seasonality of the steel expanding/contracting. B&M rattle is certainly tolerable in their aging ride, but I’m not sure how that could feel in an RMC when you’re really pushing the limit.

It will be interesting long term when the tracks start getting slightly out of spec just from seasonality of the steel expanding/contracting. B&M rattle is certainly tolerable in their aging ride, but I’m not sure how that could feel in an RMC when you’re really pushing the limit.
Rode an early RMC this summer and they are still really smooth. Wicked Cyclone has been open 7 years and not really showing much in terms of age other than paint wearing off the track at the wheels.

Reactions: Coasternerd
In the past I only disliked the stupid bunny hops that aren't fun and just hurt, but Sunday it was almost the whole ride. I didn't even like the first 3 hills. After the first one I was fighting trying to not get thrown up into the lap bar, unsuccessfully. It would be great if it didn't hurt, but it most definitely hurt. It is interesting that the experience differs. My son and my nephew seemed to have no issue.

In the past I only disliked the stupid bunny hops that aren't fun and just hurt, but Sunday it was almost the whole ride. I didn't even like the first 3 hills. After the first one I was fighting trying to not get thrown up into the lap bar, unsuccessfully. It would be great if it didn't hurt, but it most definitely hurt. It is interesting that the experience differs. My son and my nephew seemed to have no issue.
A big part of it could be weight as the heavier you are, the more weight is being thrown against the lap bar.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad