Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Kinda hurts the magic of a new ride when you have to tell people "it's actually smooth" to get them to even consider checking Timbers out.

And then the loose article policies completely scare them away from the ride because they aren't willing to pay the $2 to put their stuff in a locker.

Seeing several reports on FB that TT is down do to another cellphone strike with a minor head injury. Looks like no phones in the line might make a comeback. When will people learn.

I mean, good. It sucks, but when a handful of assholes ruin it for everyone, safety's gotta come first. I don't blame KD for not wanting this to keep happening.

Just for the ride on top of the entrance? Cause that won't suck.

So despite the detectors you can still carry your phone and keys as long as you promise, (cross your heart) that you will use the pouch in front of you. Call me skeptical... But I do not see this working as intended.

Seems very reasonable. One thing a wish parks would do is have cameras on the lifts to help identify offending riders. Make it clear before the ride that this is a SAFETY issue. Then when possible have audits and issue warnings/remove people who do not comply. I'm tired of riding rides like this and el toro and guests whipping out their phones to snap chat etc.

Reactions: Logang
For those who don't wish to click, no rules are changing with this, but the park will have you remove items from pockets prior to placing them in the pouch or sealed pocket.

clearly the park needs to become far my draconian with their punishments. Yes, they must PUNISH those who fall out of line and cause disorder.

Reactions: Logang
Just for the ride on top of the entrance? Cause that won't suck.

So despite the detectors you can still carry your phone and keys as long as you promise, (cross your heart) that you will use the pouch in front of you. Call me skeptical... But I do not see this working as intended.

If recall correctly Universal makes you go through metal detectors when you board the rollercoasters to make sure that you put items in a locker. Granted I also remember their lockers being free.

As someone who's operated a ride where someone has been struck by a phone (El Toro) and have personally been struck by a phone on a ride as well, this is patching a leak with a band-aid.

How are they going to verify someone has put their stuff in the pouches instead of back in their pockets between going through the metal detector and getting on the ride? This is putting more stress on the employees because they're looking out for stuff that shouldn't even be a factor of the ride's operation to begin with.

I don't see the point of this. Allowing guests to keep their phones after going through the metal detectors seems to defeat the point entirely, unless the process is just supposed to be a scare tactic.

They're hoping that by pointing out the items directly and handling it immediately before boarding the train will prevent guests from ignoring the rules.

Reactions: Mushroom
Ahh, that does make sense. I wonder if they will be sorting guests into rows one group at a time? That's the only way I can see them enforcing that system, as well as preventing guests from getting tired of holding their items and putting them back in their pockets.

We won't know until we see it in practice. Either way there's going to be a lot of stress on the separator in that station, even if they have a security guard stationed there.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad