Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
I've never been on a 4D free spin, but I had so much fun on Tumbili! I went with some cousins on a Thursday it was supposed to rain so the park wasn't very full and we rode it 3 times while we were there.
Our screams the first time we rode it were LOUD 😂😂
I don't think I've ever been thrown around that aggressively on anything before and I couldn't get enough! Intimidator 305 came close, but fast banked laterals just don't do it for me the way a full 360 does or hanging face first for half the ride like I did on my last go around. I can't wait to ride one of these again!

I hadn't been to KD in a decade but I will definitely be back! I had so much fun and one of my cousins loved it because the rides are so much more accommodating then Busch as she got to ride every coaster. Definitely worth the drive and the gas.

Is there really no Tumbili in Attractions? Anyway we rode it twice tonight and it exceeded my expectations. It was crazy and I really enjoyed it.

My first ride was much wilder than my second, but it was fun both times. And scary. On the first I was on the flippier side facing forward at the top and I immediately flipped I think 3 times, then there was kind of wild swing back and then an even faster flip forward on the first drop down. Then there were a few more flips, but it was so chaotic I’m not sure how many exactly in total.

That first ride I was alone on that side. On my second ride I was on the same side, but my son rode beside me. That ride I only got one flip. I’m wondering if you get more flips the less weight there is? Or maybe it’s just luck.

Anyway, this thing is a blast. I enjoyed it more than the other coasters even. Maybe just the newness of the experience, though. But it makes me want to go back.

Totally agree that the randomness of Tumbili is a legitimate draw to the park for me. Each ride is almost like a gamble -- some are very gentle (almost disappointingly so), but others pay off like crazy with some "WTF" intense flipping. It's fun to go back and ride again and see what kind of ride you'll get that time.

Tumbili isn't even close to being my favorite coaster in the park, but if it was designed to be a unique, repeatable addition to the park's ride collection, it accomplishes that goal in spades IMO.

Oh, and I’m susceptible to motion sickness, but this did not make me queasy at all. That was a really nice surprise. Pendulum rides make me queasy, but this doesn’t.

Reactions: TGOALA
Yesterday was one of my better rides on Tumbili. I got 3-4ish(?) flips and stuck upside down at the top again. The seat angled out to where I was almost face down on the trim brake and it released us to an insane sensation on the 2nd run where I actually flipped twice on the 2nd raven turn which I often don't even flip there. It's really tough to predict even if you have a constant in seats what the rides gonna do on that cycle to you. I really appreciate Tumbili being in KDs lineup it's great and they presented it far better than any of the 3 Six Flags parks did for their free spins (though I slightly prefer the longer layout overall).

Yesterday was one of my better rides on Tumbili. I got 3-4ish(?) flips and stuck upside down at the top again. The seat angled out to where I was almost face down on the trim brake and it released us to an insane sensation on the 2nd run where I actually flipped twice on the 2nd raven turn which I often don't even flip there. It's really tough to predict even if you have a constant in seats what the rides gonna do on that cycle to you. I really appreciate Tumbili being in KDs lineup it's great and they presented it far better than any of the 3 Six Flags parks did for their free spins (though I slightly prefer the longer layout overall).
My son said it was much better than Joker at SFGAdv, but I suspect this was just a matter of he didn't happen to get a lot of flips on his one ride of Joker. I appreciate the short length. For me it was the right length, but I find this thing legitimately scary. Haha. Even just looking at it, even though it's a "small" coaster, it looks really imposing.

Also this easily had the longest line of the day for us both times. It seems to be a big hit for KD. With the smaller crowd the line wasn't too bad to wait through.

It has the same effect on crowds that Griffon does which is probably a good thing about free spins. People always stop to watch it cycle I've noticed.

I also consider it a perfect replacement for Crypt for exactly that reason. Watching Crypt was like an attraction in itself, and the craziness and unpredictability of Tumbili make it fun to stop and watch too. I always see first time visitors stopping and pointing at Tumbili — it’s a spectacle. It’s fun to watch trains go and comment on the ride: like “Man, they didn’t flip at all” or “Geez, did you see how many flips they got?!” The theming and lighting package just add to the visual appeal.

Plus, the constant motion of the small trains adds a lot of great kinetic energy to that area of the park — especially since it used to be a pretty dead corner when Crypt was in between cycles.

I also consider it a perfect replacement for Crypt for exactly that reason. Watching Crypt was like an attraction in itself, and the craziness and unpredictability of Tumbili make it fun to stop and watch too. I always see first time visitors stopping and pointing at Tumbili — it’s a spectacle. It’s fun to watch trains go and comment on the ride: like “Man, they didn’t flip at all” or “Geez, did you see how many flips they got?!” The theming and lighting package just add to the visual appeal.

Plus, the constant motion of the small trains adds a lot of great kinetic energy to that area of the park — especially since it used to be a pretty dead corner when Crypt was in between cycles.
My favorite part is the drums that play whenever one of the trains is going up.

Adds so much character to the area.

I will say I approve overall of the trade of Shockwave/Crypt for Delirum/Tumbili as those are rides I am likely to ride, I couldn't do Shockwave that thing was not designed for 6'3 dudes with broad shoulders. Couldn't fit on Crypt it's last 5-6 years but I did enjoy it overall especially the spectacle it created.

It looks huge even though it's not very big for a coaster just because you are so close to it when walking by. It also helps that I was pretty scared of riding it. Made just looking at it have more of an impact. I was pretty much just as nervous going up the lift the 2nd time as I was for the first ride. In fact... I was too chicken to change seats. Haha. I still rode the same seat facing forward at the top of the lift. I was too scared to try going backward at the top. Next time. Maybe.

Reactions: Zachary
My son said it was much better than Joker at SFGAdv, but I suspect this was just a matter of he didn't happen to get a lot of flips on his one ride of Joker. I appreciate the short length. For me it was the right length, but I find this thing legitimately scary. Haha. Even just looking at it, even though it's a "small" coaster, it looks really imposing.

Also this easily had the longest line of the day for us both times. It seems to be a big hit for KD. With the smaller crowd the line wasn't too bad to wait through.
It absolutely crushes Joker at both SFGAd and SFNE.... There is absolutely no comparison.

According to Facebook pictures... Tumbili is now a Fast Lane Plus attraction. For every 6 guests they let through, they let 2 FP+ guests in. Making the ratio to be 25% FP+. I imagine they have a queuer determining this at the split where you select which side you want. Which is interesting because they rarely ran the queuer position this summer during peak staffing times.
1662837852063.png

According to Facebook pictures... Tumbili is now a Fast Lane Plus attraction. For every 6 guests they let through, they let 2 FP+ guests in. Making the ratio to be 25% FP+. I imagine they have a queuer determining this at the split where you select which side you want. Which is interesting because they rarely ran the queuer position this summer during peak staffing times.
I was just about to post on this myself, after noticing Fast Lane added to the ride today.

It's interesting that it's a Fast Lane Plus attraction, vs just normal Fast Lane; but makes sense given its popularity and slow cycle times.

It's also interesting that all Fast Lane traffic is directed to the temple side (good side in terms of more flips). So altogether a very nice addition to see added to the Fast Lane attraction list.

IMG_4176.jpg

Status
The first entry in this thread is a WikiPost. As such, it can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad