Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I sure hope the kids they get aren't so 'show-business' about it that they don't get to have fun in the process. Curious if park passes are a perk of the job (given how things seem to be going, I wouldn't be all that surprised to hear that admission is reduced but not free).
Whole I cannot speak to the child preformers in the past adult performers were given all the same perks as Frontline employees I would be very surprised if that had changed.

I sometimes wonder if the park made up that description to lower expectations for the show or to surprise people. Based on concept art that the park posted one season outside the Globe Theatre (which had dates on them originally) the set and projections for the non-rock Scrooge No More were designed at least two years before the announcement that Zachary quoted was given. Both productions might have been in the works at the same time, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the rock version of the show was just a red herring.

That said, a lot of the music in Scrooge No More (especially Just Leave Me Alone) sounds sort of rock-like, so who knows what happened between that announcement and the show’s debut.

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder if the park made up that description to lower expectations for the show or to surprise people. Based on concept art that the park posted one season outside the Globe Theatre (which had dates on them originally) the set and projections for the non-rock Scrooge No More were designed at least two years before the announcement that Zachary quoted was given. Both productions might have been in the works at the same time, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the rock version of the show was just a red herring.

That said, a lot of the music in Scrooge No More (especially Just Leave Me Alone) sounds sort of rock-like, so who knows what happened between that announcement and the show’s debut.
If my memory is correct he shaw not be named was let go from his position of head of entertainment after the rock version had been revealed and before the final version was created so it seems entirely possible that the original plan was for a rock version with lost of glitter.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Scott left in Spring 2015, months after Scrooge No More opened.

Also, it is clear from this post that Scott was deeply involved in the rewrite:

Post in thread 'Scrooge No More!'
https://parkfans.net/threads/scrooge-no-more.3694/post-122276

Last edited:
2021 description from BGW’s site:

Join Scrooge live on stage in this musical at the Globe Theatre as he is swept away by the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future, who teach him the importance of family and friends being together at Christmas.

No idea.

We don’t have previous years’ descriptions and I think it is worth capturing all of the information we have. The blurbs from other shows and attractions have changed over time, so I’m not comfortable implying this has always been the marketing copy used by the park.

I was thinking blown projector but I have no idea really.
If it is the projector, they should take this opportunity to put a good one in.

Also, has anyone noticed in the graveyard scene where they project Ebenezer Scrooge onto the grave stone, the cast member that is moving that stone is moving way before that projection is finished?

Anyone heard anything about an accident that occurred at Scrooge where one (or more?) performers were injured? Heard that’s why Scrooge has been cancelled. Just wondering if anyone else has heard that or has insight.

Anyone heard anything about an accident that occurred at Scrooge where one (or more?) performers were injured? Heard that’s why Scrooge has been cancelled. Just wondering if anyone else has heard that or has insight.
I haven’t heard that, but it appears that Scrooge is supposed to be back up and running tomorrow… looked at the schedule and Scrooge is on there.

EDIT:
Just looked, (I looked like 4 hours ago and it was there) and Scrooge is now off the show list for tomorrow. As are Unto Us and Haustop.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad