Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Well, if Disney turns BG into a giant tourist destination with high admittance prices, that opens up the demand for a local park to spring up somewhere...

Nora said:
Ok- first of all, I have never visited the Europa Park website; which I just did. I have only "heard" about it. Not only do I want to book and immediate ticket to Rust, Germany and visit the park- I am so frustrated because about 18 things I see at the park are what I have begging BGW to do for years! Ahhh~ it is like seeing every hope and dream you have ever wished for BGW in a land far far away.

They have jousting for Pete's sake!! Sorry, I have to have a good cry right now and bang my head against the wall.
Wow!! A Europe-themed park in Europe. I'm almost having trouble grasping the concept. I had no idea what I was missing out on. This park would make me give up BGW.
Europa Park

Nora, I'm with you. This indeed makes me sad. :(

Pretzel Kaiser said:
My biggest issue with Disney buying the park is that they would 99% scrap HoS.

Sounds like that is kinda happening this year already.

Reactions: Planeteer
I meant Disney would kill HoS all together, this year we're getting a watered down recycled version.

chickenking said:
Wow!! A Europe-themed park in Europe. I'm almost having trouble grasping the concept.
Surely it isn't much harder to grasp than the concept of a USA-themed park in the USA...

;)

Reactions: IndyRacingNut
halfabee said:
chickenking said:
Wow!! A Europe-themed park in Europe. I'm almost having trouble grasping the concept.

Surely it isn't much harder to grasp than the concept of a USA-themed park in the USA...

;)

Or even Disney doing a California-themed park in the state of California!

Reactions: IndyRacingNut
Dr. Jay Money Ed.D said:
Which everyone hated and thought was stupid.

Yup, Disney flopped with that park initially. It's doing well now but they had to spend a gazillion dollars to revamp it. I only went in there once before the changes and hated it. Everything looked so cheap and below Disney standards and the place has a horrible layout. And their Tower of Terror sucks ass! Even with the new attractions I have no desire to go back!

Reactions: Julia
Concept and execution... two great tastes that taste great together, provided that neither is rancid. I'd mention a particular park to which I give high marks for both, but we've already been specifically told to speak of it elsewhere. :angel:

Meanwhile, speculation for Williamsburg suitors continues... I generally don't comment in the following way, but it makes me just a little bit sad to think about this continued game of ownership hopscotch. It seems the field has narrowed, but ultimately it would just be great to see the park in hands that are (1) imaginative, (2) committed, and (3) stable.

I couldn't agree more, halfabee. Whoever buys the park(s); I don't care, as long as they keep the core values that have always made me love this park. I've always loved the overall point-of-view that SeaWorld/Busch Gardens always had. Their mission, in my opinion, is just what a theme park should be: A getaway from everyday business, where you have fun with family and friends.
I haven't always like other parks as much, because for most parks it's obvious that it all comes down to the "almighty dollar".
Universal and Disney are both great parks, I'm not denying that, but they seem to have lost their mission, and don't seem to care as much about the guests, or the experience anymore.
I can't stand the thought of Busch Gardens/SeaWorld turning into just another "ordinary" park, where all they do is try to "pick every last penny from your pocket." While neither of Busch Gardens, nor SeaWorld have ever been cheap parks, they have always, at least, left me feeling more "fulfilled" then when I first came to the park. No more could I ask for from the new owners.

Unagi said:
halfabee said:
chickenking said:

;)

Or even Disney doing a California-themed park in the state of California!

It's all in the execution. Disney has an American themed area in most of their parks (Main Street USA/Liberty Square), Six Flags built a Texas themed park in Texas and a Georgia themed park in Georgia, and Marriott built two America themed parks in the 70s (both CA and Six Flags Great America).

DCA wasn't executed well like those parks were so they had to change it.

chickenking said:
Finally someone understands. Thanks Doc!!

I always understand. Fact.

Anyway...

I actually do think that you can pull off a [place] park in [same place]. I mean, I have long argued that Colonial Williamsburg is a theme park, and Williamsburg is a Williamsburg park in Williamsburg. It's all about offering a hyperreal version of the place. You present a version of Texas that visitors wish were real...a version of California that visitors imagine when they think of California.

It can work.

But Busch Gardens is a Europe park in Virginia...so I guess none of what I just said is relevant. I doubt any potential buyer is looking to turn BG into VA Gardens.

Dr. Jay Money Ed.D said:
chickenking said:
Finally someone understands. Thanks Doc!!

I always understand. Fact.

Anyway...

I actually do think that you can pull off a [place] park in [same place]. I mean, I have long argued that Colonial Williamsburg is a theme park, and Williamsburg is a Williamsburg park in Williamsburg. It's all about offering a hyperreal version of the place. You present a version of Texas that visitors wish were real...a version of California that visitors imagine when they think of California.

It can work.

But Busch Gardens is a Europe park in Virginia...so I guess none of what I just said is relevant. I doubt any potential buyer is looking to turn BG into VA Gardens.

But a New World hamlet would be cool IMO.

Any thoughts or insights to what will happen with the wild reserve/ conservation attitude if the parks are sold? Also what about the rotating exhibit animals? I know several have come from bgt. I would hate to see all of that eliminated. To me it's the thing that arts them apart from other parks. It gives them a sort of noble purpose, as well as the animals being great attractions for people who don't like rides.

Reactions: Mushroom
First of all, forgive me if this has already been stated, but as I was sitting here today at lunch it kind of all just clicked in my head. What if we are looking at this wrong, and it is the the Busch Gardens part the equation that is the continually profitable side, while the Sea World side has a possibility of faltering and that is what the company is looking to split off.
Lending credence to this is the upcoming release of Blackfish which does have a potential to seriously damaging or destroying Sea World's business. On Screamscape, Lance noted that he has heard there is serious concerns that the film would cause financial hardship to the company once it comes out. They would therefore want to get rid of that asset which has a potential to become toxic ( this is done by company's all the time to get rid of one asset or another) and hang on to BGW and BGT.

Logically it does not make sense that Blackstone ( which as has been stated before as very concern with making money) would not want to hold onto the park let alone split the two of them apart. Something does not make sense in all these rumors we have been hearing on the forums.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad