Rumor: Busch Gardens Parks to Be Sold Off?

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Apr 9, 2013
704
571
93
I would stick to my original thoughts on this one, and say that the Busch family would like to buy the parks back. Hell, they might buy them at a profit at this point, who knows...I'm not talking about InBev buying the parks...I'm talking the Busch family themselves. After all, they BUILT the parks.
 
Jul 22, 2010
3,021
1,457
113
Here is where my curiosity is struck, "Possible shutdown." What would the price have to be or how low could the price go before they resort to a shutdown to save on costs? This whole situation gets deeper and stickier by the day.
 
Mar 30, 2010
3,121
2,054
113
Are they really losing enough money where they would have to shut down? I mean it still sounded like they were making a profit.
 
Jul 22, 2010
3,021
1,457
113
pandorazboxx said:
Are they really losing enough money where they would have to shut down? I mean it still sounded like they were making a profit.
Last I heard they were. Which is as of two/three weeks ago. That is why I am rather intrigued. Are expenditures outweighing or sitting just over break even? Or are they low to the point that running is more of a headache running and biting the small profit?

I have been told in the event of a sale then expect a shut down for rebrand but have yet to be told that a chance of an overall shutdown is there.
 
Jul 22, 2010
3,021
1,457
113
chickenking said:
How do they deal with annual pass holders in a shutdown like that?
You'll prob eat it if you have paid in full. And EZPay gets canned. Except for Plat which will still be good elsewhere.

Note. That is pure speculation in its entirety. Those are details that will be hard to get information on.
 
Aug 25, 2012
1,460
1,580
113
pandorazboxx said:
Scott's middle name doesn't start with a D does it? SDG seems to know a lot about Scott...
His middle name does start with a"D" :shocked: That is a fact!
 
Sep 29, 2009
2,829
7,481
113
I think I want to wait a little longer before I make my conclusions. Although, I'm surprised the park hasn't tried to stop this discussion. I'm sure that if they wanted to badly enough, knowing them,they probably would have done something by now.
 
Feb 9, 2013
4,653
6,475
113
This is too much to absorb all at once. Why would SeaWorld want to sell us? I like being a part of SWPE.

All I know is that if someone does buy us, it's going to be a tough up-hill battle, just get prepared.
 
Jul 22, 2010
3,021
1,457
113
JuniorBGWfan28 said:
This is too much to absorb all at once. Why would SeaWorld want to sell us? I like being a part of SWPE.

All I know is that if someone does buy us, it's going to be a tough up-hill battle, just get prepared.
Us? There is no US to this. It is business. Plain and simple.

Tough uphill battle if bought? What do you call what is going on now?
 

Gavin

It’s me, a ParkFan.
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
4,866
4,313
113
28
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Re: RE: Rumor: Busch Gardens Parks to Be Sold Off?

CastleOSullivan said:
I think I want to wait a little longer before I make my conclusions. Although, I'm surprised the park hasn't tried to stop this discussion. I'm sure that if they wanted to badly enough, knowing them,they probably would have done something by now.
If they did try to stop it, they might as well just confirm it. Park is most likely going to keep the status quo and just ignore us.
 
Dec 23, 2011
7,182
5,073
113
Take a look at a few movies, Pirates of the Caribbean for one, the East India Trading Co. was just trying to do good business, meaning they weren't personally attacking people, they were doing what is best for the business and I fully understand that.

Sadly, I am not liking the park's future.
 
Login or Register to Hide This Ad