Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Well I don't see Roman Rapids being removed any time soon considering that it gets plenty of riders on average during the summer. Last August I waited in line for 35 minutes.

Reactions: ludmarco
It often has a significant queue though
Partially being sarcastic (I hate this and EfP because water cannons); but partially honesty. It has a line but it can eat through it fast. Add in the COVID difficulties of mixed parties on one boat and I bet that’s why it was taken off.

Since both Le Scoot & Pompeii both reopened over the weekend, wondering if the park actually has any intention to open Rapids this summer. There's a fence up between the Festa restrooms & Tradewinds which I don't recall seeing in the past. The fence blocks Rapids, La Cucina, and Rapids gifts. This fence reminds me of the fence used at WCUSA in 2019 to block off Wild Thang & Rampage except on high attendance operating days.

Rapids takes a larger ride crew than other attractions, has slower boarding, and is at a dead end of the park. If it does open this year, I'd expect to see it operate on busier days (Fri, Sat, Sun).

Then again, La Cucina was supposed to have a small remodel that would add an outdoor bar in front. So perhaps they are waiting for that, or perhaps until Pantheon opens, or until they have staffing levels up, or are trying to save a buck or two this season. Just speculating here.

Thoughts?

I think it's pretty unlikely that Roman Rapids will open this year. It's expensive to run, it's easy to keep closed, and we know it has a new fleet of rafts that we haven't even seen testing yet. Is there still time for it to open? Yes. Am I expecting it to? Nah.

I think it's pretty unlikely that Roman Rapids will open this year. It's expensive to run, it's easy to keep closed, and we know it has a new fleet of rafts that we haven't even seen testing yet. Is there still time for it to open? Yes. Am I expecting it to? Nah.
This is really, really bad news.

If Roman Rapids doesn’t open, that means there’s a good chance that La Cucina will stay closed. If La Cucina stays closed, and I hate having to utter these words myself, but the Pantheon Burger may not be sold this year.

They are selling the Pantheon Boozy Float at Roman Frieze right now but without the Pantheon Burger or Pantheon Salad it’s going to be hard to continue justify coming to the park.

This is really, really bad news.

If Roman Rapids doesn’t open, that means there’s a good chance that La Cucina will stay closed. If La Cucina stays closed, and I hate having to utter these words myself, but the Pantheon Burger may not be sold this year.

They are selling the Pantheon Boozy Float at Roman Frieze right now but without the Pantheon Burger or Pantheon Salad it’s going to be hard to continue justify coming to the park.
What about the Pantheon Panini?

So RR has new rafts? I guess I must have missed that announcement somewhere. But that's a good sign for the park to continue operating it for at least a few more years even with the neutered waterfalls.

However, what I could see them doing if they were to bulldoze it would be maybe the first full-service 'restaurant of the gods' with indoor and terrace seating facing towards Pantheon and AC/Tempesto (ya know, the Italian daredevil... Not a god), a fire pit area, etc etc

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad