Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I think part of your confusion about what it could be comes from the fact that water slides can get away with insanely complicated layouts with minimal supports since they can do some complicated structures off of a single footer.

68304d94-4fe4-4c67-a6f2-1f773195f6c3-Cheetah_Chase_Overview_1.jpg

6831456569_f436d97e69_o.jpg

Just two easy examples I can come up with from my own recent experience.

Who knows what WCUSA has in store for the area, it's easy to say the possibilities are almost limitless.

Very interesting @Zachary . A few things I took away were that it could be possible for a vertical raft conveyor. We haven't seen one at WCUSA yet, but they are out there and it could allow for larger rafts. The other thing I noticed was that this pump house seems quite large. If it all is for pumps/surge tank and not a combo pump/raft storage house, that could also signal a larger tube ride, as they would need to pump much more water than a pair of double rider slides. It would also seem a bit odd if that were the case, with Wild Thang and Malibu relatively close, unless WT is in fact going out. Just my opinion.

I put a lot of thought into a vertical raft lift, but just couldn't figure out how it would work with the shape of the pool and the location of the tower. All of the vertical raft lifts I saw required a fair bit of space.

Could the slide(s) potentially end by travelling underneath the launch tower?

Yep! Riptide Race does that exact thing—weaving under its tower right before the ending pool.

I also meant to mention the pair of small footers near the north end of the slide tower in the article too—I suspect those are slide supports for the lead into the pool, not tower supports. This is another footer pattern that is mirrored on Riptide—super narrow, individual footers for each side in the lead-in to the ending pool.

You can sorta see what I'm talking about in these photos:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: DECoasterGuy
I wouldn't believe it'd be an exact copy of Riptide, but definitely something in similar vein. Is it possible to get an overlay of the planned ride area on a google satellite view so we can see exactly how big everything is going to be? The plans as they are make the ride seem like it's going to be much bigger than just a dual racing tube slide.

Reactions: Le Moose
I wouldn't believe it'd be an exact copy of Riptide, but definitely something in similar vein. Is it possible to get an overlay of the planned ride area on a google satellite view so we can see exactly how big everything is going to be? The plans as they are make the ride seem like it's going to be much bigger than just a dual racing tube slide.

they’re deceivingly small. But an overlay should be possible.

As a larger rider who is usually either solo or with other larger riders making it hard to get paired up weight wise for some of those group raft rides. This is more or less generally what I was hoping when I started to hear that the area was going to get something new I am stoked if this turn out to be what we get.

I believe that Colossal Curl has a more or less exact twin so I wouldn't rule it out.

The article should include an interactive, slidey-image-thing. Just pull the slider all the way to the left and that's your composite site plan!

If you mean you want a version without my modifications, I can whip that up in Photoshop pretty quickly.

The article should include an interactive, slidey-image-thing. Just pull the slider all the way to the left and that's your composite site plan!

If you mean you want a version without my modifications, I can whip that up in Photoshop pretty quickly.
Unfortunately I don't see the slider bit. I'm looking more for an overlay of the Gemini plans on top of a google earth image.

EDIT: If it doesn't appear for anyone disable your ad-blocker and refresh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zachary
From the article: “This likely rules out any full-circuit water coaster models.

Since this is still essentially a BGW project, launched spike confirmed.

In b4 it's a shuttle slide!

Reactions: Coasternerd
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad