Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
I love these boats. Did the cruise for Wine and Food last year, plan on doing it this year too. It's a little snack pack, but this year I'm going to stop and take real food with me. So relaxing to spend 30 minutes away from the hustle and bustle.

It been driving me crazy wondering what happened to the banners at the covered area at the boat launch. Any idea why they took them down? D7ED20C4-7918-45DE-877A-0DE64646A74F.jpeg

My best guess would be that they needed to be replaced and the park opted to wait on replacing them and just took them down instead of keeping them up in poor condition. Honestly if you hadn't said anything I would not have known that they were missing.

Reactions: Le Moose
I wouldnt be suprised if they never come back. I often wondered for years if those boats will last....they are such a low capacity ride with what I assume is a pretty costly to run operation.

They have been missing for a few seasons now, I would be shocked to see them return. I think if they cut those poles down to a lower height, it wouldn't look as odd.

Reactions: Zachary
I often wondered for years if those boats will last....they are such a low capacity ride with what I assume is a pretty costly to run operation.
I don't see them going anywhere for a while. I was one of the captains for my last summer at the park and I really don't think it costs too much to run. It has limited hours, only requires 3 operators, they are all battery powered and only have to charge up overnight, and they all ran pretty well that season. I don't think I called maintenance down there once for any problems that whole summer (though I was spread out at a number of rides in Germany/Oktoberfest so maybe I just missed it). At very least if one boat goes down, just switch out one with the other and the attraction as a whole still runs.

Last edited:
The boats were down quite a bit this season and were taken off property at some point around the beginning of September if I remember correctly. Doesn't mean they won't be back though.

They have been missing for a few seasons now, I would be shocked to see them return. I think if they cut those poles down to a lower height, it wouldn't look as odd.
I agree it wouldn’t look as odd but it doesn’t look as good without them. To me that’s theming removed and I hate that.

Im not saying they would take them out as long as they are not a large cost but I feel if it ever came to the point where they needed a fairly expensive upgrade or repair they may not see the need anymore.

Reactions: BGWnut
Not sure how it'd be so expensive other than the obvious expense of manpower to install them - they're just standard printed all-weather reinforced plastic banner tied onto a wooden post?

I agree with @Jason - for a theme park, it's not a good thing to lose theming elements especially in such a high visibility area.

Not sure how it'd be so expensive other than the obvious expense of manpower to install them - they're just standard printed all-weather reinforced plastic banner tied onto a wooden post?

I agree with @Jason - for a theme park, it's not a good thing to lose theming elements especially in such a high visibility area.
@WDWRLD is referring to the boats themselves not the banners

Yes I was referring to the boats but for the banners even though they are just plastic that material is pretty expensive and I bet if they were to price it out would be well over $10k just guessing and thats low balling, really really low balling. Thats a good chunk of cash for something that brings in no money, now if they were doing the summer nights dining upcharge events then it might be worth doing. About 8 years ago we needed a cover for a truck bed made out of that same plastic reinforced material with a few gromets, just red in color and sized about 8x14 foot. The price we were quoted was like $1500 and there was no installation.

Reactions: Mushroom
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad